• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

meh  2/5

Grogu had no reason to be in the episode other than to have the camera flash to him every 10 seconds to watch his expression. The episode felt, manufactured. All of it. Why try to bring back a droid that got blown up and then tried to kill Grogu again? Special effects were well done but the dialogue was horrendous though. "It's a school." "No, it's a bar!" "No, it's a SCHOOL!" "You wanna fight?". Davy Jones and Swamp Thing had a kid and he became a space-pirate. What is Bo Katan doing in the castle all by herself? Waiting for Din to show up? She seemed as bored as the writers. This is the way?? Seems like the series has lost its way. Rocky first episode IMO. 

After finishing Andor, the start of Mando Season 3 seems very weak.  

Thought about it overnight...

Spoiler

Geez this is terrible writing.

In addition to my previous post yesterday, I thought about it even more - and it didn't get better. 

WHY would Mandalorians tether themselves to this gigantic beast as a way to control it? So stupid! They think they can hold it down??

Oh, and so we have these explosives - where should we deploy them? How about on the thickest armor on the back of the beast?

Hey, let's take a blown up droid, "power it up" and watch it revert to it's original memory and try to kill Grogu - and then have to crush its head... and STILL want to keep it? Oh but we'll put a new "chip" inside so it can be reprogrammed. Why not just get a NEW IG-11 droid - if you're going to have to rebuild pretty much the entire structure (legs and arms gone, head crushed) AND put in a whole new memory chip - WHY keep it?? 

This "search for a chip" is like a meaningless side-quest in a video game now. 

And the obvious flaw - it is decreed by the armorer that Din is no longer a Mandalorian... oh but you can still keep the Mandalorian armor and helmet?? That's like saying "Colonel, you've been demoted to Private... but you can still wear the silver eagle showing your rank". 

The writing is just atrocious. 

"Pitch Meeting" will have a field day with this. 

Edited by jcjames

On 3/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, jcjames said:

Thought about it overnight...

Hide contents

Geez this is terrible writing.

In addition to my previous post yesterday, I thought about it even more - and it didn't get better. 

WHY would Mandalorians tether themselves to this gigantic beast as a way to control it? So stupid! They think they can hold it down??

Oh, and so we have these explosives - where should we deploy them? How about on the thickest armor on the back of the beast?

Hey, let's take a blown up droid, "power it up" and watch it revert to it's original memory and try to kill Grogu - and then have to crush its head... and STILL want to keep it? Oh but we'll put a new "chip" inside so it can be reprogrammed. Why not just get a NEW IG-11 droid - if you're going to have to rebuild pretty much the entire structure (legs and arms gone, head crushed) AND put in a whole new memory chip - WHY keep it?? 

This "search for a chip" is like a meaningless side-quest in a video game now. 

And the obvious flaw - it is decreed by the armorer that Din is no longer a Mandalorian... oh but you can still keep the Mandalorian armor and helmet?? That's like saying "Colonel, you've been demoted to Private... but you can still wear the silver eagle showing your rank". 

The writing is just atrocious. 

"Pitch Meeting" will have a field day with this. 

I watched it again and you’re not wrong. It wasn’t a great episode but I still found it enjoyable despite the eye-roll moments.  IMO they need to tighten it up quick, otherwise they will burn thru the good will they’ve accumulated so far. 2c

On 3/8/2023 at 8:21 PM, Callaway29 said:

I really liked the second episode…way better than first imo.

Agreed. That second episode was really good.

What the heck was that in the water?

This is one of my favorite shows, but I have to agree with the earlier statement that calls out the writing as weak. "Damsel in distress" should be the title of episode 3. Bo-Katan saves the day certainly follows the Disney model of entertaining. Grogu can't get which wire to plug in (red) but suddenly he can fly a N1 Naboo Starfighter:frustrated:

Hopefully it gets better.  

Spoiler

Mando almost drowning because he stepped off a ledge wearing his armor kinda bugged me. I mean, really? A guy like him doesn’t get to where he is by making mistakes like that… At first I thought he was pulled under, but after rewatching and confirming online…consensus is that he just sank like a rock. Any chance it was the mythosaur that pulled him down? Perhaps we’ll find out next episode…

That said, I’m being nit picky…I’m excited for the season.

On 3/9/2023 at 9:40 PM, Callaway29 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mando almost drowning because he stepped off a ledge wearing his armor kinda bugged me. I mean, really? A guy like him doesn’t get to where he is by making mistakes like that… At first I thought he was pulled under, but after rewatching and confirming online…consensus is that he just sank like a rock. Any chance it was the mythosaur that pulled him down? Perhaps we’ll find out next episode…

That said, I’m being nit picky…I’m excited for the season.

Wasn't he still suffering from hypovolemic shock from the robot pump that sucked a large portion of his blood out? It's a form of severe dehydration where you are very weak, and can't think straight.

So seeing him stumble around and chanting, I just assumed he was still dealing with replenishing his blood. It takes a longer time than one day.

On 3/10/2023 at 6:16 AM, bentbryan said:

Much better episode than the first.  I love seeing Bo-Katan in action, especially when she grabbed the Dark Saber.  She reminds me of Ripley and Sarah Connor.   

Ripley, Sarah Connor, and Mary Swanson...

The Funniest Moments From Dumb And Dumber

That dogfight was great. Kinda wish we would have just stuck with that story all the way through. Really want to know who is behind that fleet and why they were targeting Bo-Katan. Seemed like a lot more than just warlords.

As to the other story, I’m not sure what the former Communications Officer’s angle is. It was pretty obvious to everyone but Pershing she was setting him up for something. For a while I figured she was leading him to some more imperial holdouts to keep their cloning program going. Maybe she is by wiping his memory back to square one to remove any allegiance he has to the New Republic and what happened with Grogu. Either way, someone is behind her motivations.