• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facilitators, Scared Boardies & Cool Books - A Love Story

219 posts in this topic

This has been a long time coming and frankly someone needed to say it.

To be clear this is direct to Dscott "Doug Peters" and his business practices.

All is ask is everyone keeps the thread free from profanity and abuse of others. Stick to the facts and experiences and lets hope this thread get the recognition it will deserve!

First I want start with saying any facilitator can get you the same book as any other! A lot of you boardies are new and may not know this but regardless of what any facilitator tells you there are others who can meet your requests!

Here are some of the sellers I have used in the past and currently. I will stick to there board names so they may look familiar.

Rich Henn

Kevlar

NYComics

Beachbum

Anastasia

Dscott

Once again all of these guys are here to help us collectors to get the cool books. To all the other guys I missed forgive me but feel free to add your name in this thread. Now all of the sellers have access to the same product but not all of these sellers/facilitators have the same business practices.

[b]One of the practices I would like to point out is the difference between public and private sales threads.[/b]

Public is what is and that's public. Facilitators will keep each other in line and are held accountable by there peers in a public forum. Anyone who wants to follow what is happening has access. However in a private thread the view is obviously limited to those selected.

One could argue it is easier to manage but I ask everyone wouldn't you as a buyer or seller want everyone to be transparent?

Have you put enough thought into if you were wronged how easy it would be to show everyone on the boards and at least get the general support you may need to get the issue corrected.

Again since these boards are on CGC's servers that does not mean CGC is responsible for our actions. However we as boardies are responsible to ensure we have a place to buy and sell books free from scams and or misguided information.

We have the probation list which as boardies can elect individuals who do not follow the guidelines. Anyone can be put on the probation list boardies, even the sellers/facilitators.

Another topic for the day is guarantying books and grades![/u]

If a sales thread sale says

example: Batman #1 20 Copies 18 copies - This is a Foil Cover if any 9.9s or 10s come back you will have the chance to upgrade.

Raw NM+ $25

CGC Blue Label 9.8 $120

CGC SS Signed 9.8

Finch, King, Batt, Jim Lee $200

Key words here being CGC SS Signed 9.8 and the list of autographs Finch, King, Batt, Jim Lee $200

This is what the facilitator is selling, a 9.8 with multi sigs. Not a 9.6 or a 9.4 with fewer sigs.

Now in the defense of a seller if he lists Raw NM+ $25 you cannot hold him to a 9.8 but rather a 9.4-9.6 depending on the morals of the seller.

So to sum this up real quick if you have ever bought a book from a seller/facilitator and they guaranteed you a 9.8 they owe you a 9.8 per board rules. They can argue that they only have to refund a partial of your money or you can send the book back and they will refund it all. However you as the buyer can demand what you paid for in advance and in this case 6 months ago.

If you do decide to send the book back then the seller pays for the shipping not you!

Also note the seller cannot put on the probation list or ban you from the boards and surely not the other facilitators. The seller is at fault and does not want any of this public.

Boardies, the boards are here to protect everyone and oust the ones who are taking advantage of the system and the buyers.

Communication through the sig and grading process.[/u]

Again things happen! We all have had to deal with USPS other handling our books rough and Diamond. As a buyer all I ask is if there is an issue let me know in advance! Do not send me a book in a condition that I did not agree upon hoping I will accept it due to lack of knowledge or scared of being black listed.

Example: I purchased the Batman SDCC foil in a 9.8 in the private thread. To make this even sweeter I was the first :takeit:. 6 months later I received a 9.6.

This facilitator explained to me they have a process of first come first serve, but I thought how is that possible when I was first? How does it even matter that I was first when the seller guaranteed a 9.8?

Lets make matters worse and imagine reading face book and seeing this facilitator sub 30 books and post a 9.8.

So now I know for sure there was at least 1 9.8 that was being bragged about having but not from me. hm how is that a facilitator sticking to there policies and procedures. Is anyone starting to feel a little dirty yet?

Now this facilitator tells me he will give me $30 dollars back and I can keep the book. Follows that up with a send me the book back and I will refund your money. My response was I want what was promised nothing less nothing more.

Now we have not even brought up the fact the I also purchased a raw copy which I never received.

This facilitator trying to make me happy offered me to keep the 9.6 he sent in place of the raw and somehow had found a buyer who would send him there 9,8 back to send to me while they waited till this next your to get there book, if you believe the other seller story. Maybe it is true however if it was don't you think a few things would have happened earlier in the conversation.

1st being this facilitator would have seen I was first on the list and responded accordingly not gave me the policy and procedure excuse.

2nd knowing they were in the wrong at this point offered up the 9.8 immediately?

I will say this facilitator has tried to make it better with me and in the past has provided a great service! However how many others out there are sitting at home wondering why they have what have or worse thinking they got a deal?

Again boardies refer to top of this post and make sure you get what you paid for! If you are willing to accept free stuff instead of getting what you purchased you are also the problem here.

I have used other facilitators and not every transaction goes down this way. I can you tell you first hand the other facilitators I have used will blow your phone and or email up if there is a problem not let you get a package be excited to open it and be ultimately disappointed.

Sucking the money out of the sales threads.

Have you boardies ever thought to yourself I wish I would have bought from the other seller who I know I always get a 9.8 from? Just think of how much money we as boardies are fronting facilitators to get those awesome books only to find out we are fronting money for them to keep all the high grade books and not fulfilling there obligation. I urge to look at other facilitators because they are not all like this.

Now look back at the thread and see that you did in fact buy a 9.8. They didn't treat you special they sold you what you purchased.

I would like to think if I buy a 9.6/9.8 as an example Wonder Woman Gal Gadot and there are clearly enough 9.8's to fill the orders they would be. Not send out the 9.6's and post the 9.8's for sale on eBay.

Dscott I hope this is a wake up call as this will no longer be tolerated on the boards. I truly hope this post will wake you up and bring back the memory's of you climbing the ladder of success, a time when you sir were hungry a time when you weren't to big for yourself.

Boardies and facilitators now is your time to speak up and raise the expectation level of service going forward.

Sam Peterson if you are reading this I hope it does not fall on deaf ears however I also understand you would not comment in public nor should you.

Please here the voice of the people who chose CGC both to buy from and work for. That sir is all I ask.

Boardies if you want changes you have to use your voice! Now is everyone chance to post the issues we have had with Doug Peters.

I'm sure I missed some things so feel free to add to it but please be considerate and professional.

So, is this your first step in actually nominating someone to the probation list for unethical business practices? (you mention this as a recourse in your post) There's another thread for that. Also you might get more hits if you posted this in that signature room thread as the subject matter also seems to be geared to those who play in that sandbox as well as those in CG.

Just wanted to make an edit, I see these as pre-sales threads which I've never been a fan of. If you don't have something in hand in the condition specified at the time the sale is announced this will inevitably

lead to all sorts of disasters..

So, is this your first step in actually nominating someone to the probation list for unethical business practices? (you mention this as a recourse in your post) There's another thread for that. Also you might get more hits if you posted this in that signature room thread as the subject matter also seems to be geared to those who play in that sandbox as well as those in CG.

I have posted in the General for everyone to get involved as it also pertains to raw and blue label books.

I didn't post in the signature room as I did not want to be accused of spamming so rather than missing people who never go into the SS room I felt this was a great place.

Whatever your end goal is with this post, evilawd, I wouldn't bank on achieving it. I've read your post three times and still have absolutely no idea what your overall point is.

If you had a bad experience with a facilitator (and it sounds like it was with the very well respected dscott), I'd suggest taking it up with the facilitator one on one. But if you're going to resort to a thread like this, a WHOLE LOT of facts in lieu of bland hypotheticals would be highly recommended.

Whatever your end goal is with this post, evilawd, I wouldn't bank on achieving it. I've read your post three times and still have absolutely no idea what your overall point is.

If you had a bad experience with a facilitator (and it sounds like it was with the very well respected dscott), I'd suggest taking it up with the facilitator one on one. But if you're going to resort to a thread like this, a WHOLE LOT of facts in lieu of bland hypotheticals would be highly recommended.

Looks like he was first in line for a guaranteed 9.8 in a private sales thread, received a 9.6, and saw a 9.8 copy of the book posted somewhere else.

He is upset because if he was first in line, why did he not receive the 9.8.

I do not know DScott (Doug) personally never met him, not on facebook with him, but I have used him over the last couple of years buying FM miller books, Star Wars, DD and a few others. His service towards me has been exemplary.

He is quick to respond to queries and has ALWAYS sorted any issues with complete professionalism. IMHO he is definitely one of the good guys of our industry.

Like I say I owe him nothing and this is just my opinion as a buyer off him.

The op clearly is still upset about an issue in a private sales thread that occurred between me and my customers.

The thread in general offered 5 times signed copies of the 2016 sdcc foil batman variant in 9.8 grade.

The op claimed one of these in 9.8 and one in raw form. However the book he received was a CGC SS 5 times signed 9.6 copy due to a mistake on our end and several pressable defects on CCS end that were missed. I receieved an email from CCS shortly after this issue was brought to my attention. They asked me to return the books to them so they could repress them as they agreed several of the defects that graders notes listed as preventing the 9.8 should have pressed out when CCS did the 1st pressing. However those defects still remained after pressing. CCS offered to repress these books for free to remove the issue however by then the books had already been shipped to customers. I immediately emailed all customers involved with this information when I received the email from CCS.

In order to rectify the specific situation above the op was offered several options for reimbursement and his obvious hardship of having received something he didnt purchase. Including sending the item back to CCS and a full refund.

In the end the OP found none of those offers to be sufficient enough for his trouble and didnt feel like waiting for the book to be repressed. I agreed with his assessment and found another buyer who was willing to allow me to send the op his copy of this book in 9.8 to make sure the op was made whole. In addition I sent him out a full refund for this transaction of $230.00. Screen shot below.

Because of the current Holidays this book arrived today and is in my office. It is going out to the op in this afternoons mail the tracking number is:

9405909699937198009608 via usps shipping.

The OP was asked several times if he wished to keep the 9.6 ss 5 times book to replace his raw order or if he wanted me to provide him a raw book. He never responded I assumed he was content with the 9.6 SS book.

I considered the matter closed once I was able to provide the OP with the merchandise he ordered as well as a full refund for the trouble (that is right he got a 9.8 SS CGC 5 times signed book, a 9.6 SS CGC 5 times signed book and his original $230.00 refunded). Clearly he has not felt vindicated enough and has felt the need to start this thread.

I am unaware of any other issues I currently have with this buyer or any other buyers at the moment as nothing has been brought to my attention. However if any buyer has an issue with any merchandise we are selling I urge them to please contact me directly for a resolution to your issue. The above issue was (on my end at least) resolved in under 24 hours with the OP.

Untitled_zpsqnyscsl4.png

any other questions I urge anyone at all on these boards to PM me directly.

*edit*

I should also point out that all other buyers that received 9.6s from this sales thread were offered the following options once I recieved the email from CCS.

1- return the book for a full refund

2- return the book and allow ccs to press in hopes of fixing the pressable defects and getting a 9.8. If it returns a 9.6 again keep the 9.6 and get a full refund.

To my understanding everyone affected was content with this options.

It should also be pointed out that I did not retain any copies of this book for sale at a later date all books were sent out to buyers. 1 9.6 was retained to give away for free in our bi annual give away thread. At no time was any copy of this book offered on any other site for sale by me or a member of my company.

The image below is the book that was mailed to the customer to fill his order. It was returned to me by another customer who is also a board member. So this image is available on ebay for those who wish to track it down. My ebay user name is Amea4682 the ebay user name associated with this image belongs to a customer of mine in California so it is not my property.

s-l1600_zpsjk1wu8c0.jpg

Best

Doug

I read the first section and skimmed the rest. The sentence structure of the first post is simply AWFUL. It makes it incredibly difficult to understand the point the OP is trying to make. Perhaps take the post down, revise, and start again.

he got a 9.8 SS CGC 5 times signed book, a 9.6 SS CGC 5 times signed book and his original $230.00 refunded

:o

No he didn't.

According to Doug's response, he did.

OP is a customer of mine and sent me this pic - It's signed 6 times and a 9.6.

5B4F1754-A479-446D-AF9A-2F3FF4328775_zpsbbgttrcg.jpg

he got a 9.8 SS CGC 5 times signed book, a 9.6 SS CGC 5 times signed book and his original $230.00 refunded

No he didn't.

says right here in his reply

I considered the matter closed once I was able to provide the OP with the merchandise he ordered as well as a full refund for the trouble (that is right he got a 9.8 SS CGC 5 times signed book, a 9.6 SS CGC 5 times signed book and his original $230.00 refunded). Clearly he has not felt vindicated enough and has felt the need to start this thread.

No he didn't.

says right here in his reply

See post above.

No he didn't.

According to Doug's response, he did.

OP is a customer of mine and sent me this pic - It's signed 6 times and a 9.6.

.....found another buyer who was willing to allow me to send the op his copy of this book in 9.8 to make sure the op was made whole. In addition I sent him out a full refund for this transaction of $230.00. Screen shot below.

Because of the current Holidays this book arrived today and is in my office. It is going out to the op in this afternoons mail the tracking number is:

9405909699937198009608 via usps shipping.