• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facilitators, Scared Boardies & Cool Books - A Love Story

219 posts in this topic

And as for someone trying to make things right after the fact that is getting your hand caught in the cookie jar. Especially when then is not a single incident.

I keep reading this isn't a single incident, but have not heard of another incident from anyone on here including yourself.

There was just this one posted earlier....

I had the same issue with the same book actually. It took some time but was eventually resolved. The issue, as I understand it, is simply you believe you have purchased a book and count on that book coming back in a 9.8 as promised. Now accidents are bound to happen here and there for every facilitator unfortunately, but most facilitators will notify a customer of the problem before shipping the product in a lower grade. This didn't happen to the op or myself in this case. As stated above, the problem was handled after some back and forth, but I feel I should have received a heads up before the books were shipped. I ordered 2 9.8's and received 2 9.6's. Not what I initially purchased per the thread. It is as simple as that.

He did give me refund and yes I do have a 9.6 he initially sent however as I stated all I want is the 9.8 which is what I purchased.

I cannot in good faith take what I did not purchase! This is not about getting extra loot! It is about standing by your word and delivering the service.

All I need is for Doug to make right and I will gladly send this book back to him.

Looks like Doug did everything possible to make it right including giving a full refund.

You have a 9.8 enroute to you and your money back. I see no reason for this thread to exist other than dragging someone's name through the mud.

It would certainly be ironic if OP wound up on the probation list because of this hit job...

I can guaranty that wont happen!

But thank you again.

How about Doug winding up there?

Is that possible?

Are you really this obtuse? I make no comment whatsoever on this situation - save this one - when people start talking about the Probation List, the rules of the Probation List obtain. And making things right will insure Doug is not on the PL.

To the OP - when you get your 9.8, will you return the money and the 9.6? If you fail to do so, should you go on the PL?

Everyone has the right to receive that for which they have bargained. But at what point do you realize that you are being placed on people's "do not deal with" list for being unreasonable?

I do not agree with you, in fact Sean quite the opposite.

I guess time will tell when others get involved.

And as for someone trying to make things right after the fact that is getting your hand caught in the cookie jar. Especially when then is not a single incident.

Again, I am speaking purely about the PL rules. Not your "honor code" or the "cookie jar." It is clear from your PMs that these deal has a moral imperative attached to it. That is fine. Just understand that your moral imperative does not change the rules of the PL. My attempt to clarify is a FAIL, and I feel stupider for the effort. Thank you.

Please do not apologize!

This comes downs principles and facilitators business practices.

When you look at how many customers this has impacted it now becomes the norm not the abnormal as it should be.

I know I am horrible at getting my point across however this type of behavior needs to stop.

I take everyone's comments and criticism and appreciate it good or bad.

But everyone reading this needs to understand what is happening. It is not about making people right after the fact! It is about honoring your word and delivering what was promised. If I am at fault for wanting what I paid for 6 moths ago so be it.

But the truth is there facilitators who do honor the services, who communicate without having to contact them. It is that simple!

No, as others have said, mistakes happen. Unfortunately. How someone addresses the mistake is paramount.

You come off as a spoiled, comic junkie.

Whenever someone gets hung up on "principal", that's the end of the discussion. Your mind is made up, Nobody is going to convince you otherwise. Just don't get your panties in too much of a wad when the majority isn't going to agree with you.

He's gone above and beyond. Certainly entertained your nonsense for longer than I would have.

Does the OP have dscott on ignore?

It seems like he's laying out exactly what he's done/doing to rectify the situation, but the OP is either ignoring it or can't see it.

I keep reading this isn't a single incident, but have not heard of another incident from anyone on here including yourself.

There was just this one posted earlier....

I had the same issue with the same book actually. It took some time but was eventually resolved. The issue, as I understand it, is simply you believe you have purchased a book and count on that book coming back in a 9.8 as promised. Now accidents are bound to happen here and there for every facilitator unfortunately, but most facilitators will notify a customer of the problem before shipping the product in a lower grade. This didn't happen to the op or myself in this case. As stated above, the problem was handled after some back and forth, but I feel I should have received a heads up before the books were shipped. I ordered 2 9.8's and received 2 9.6's. Not what I initially purchased per the thread. It is as simple as that.

Correct as I stated 5 customers total were affected by this order. Each one has been in contract and I am working with them for a solution.

Agrippa41and me worked out a deal in which he was offered a partial refund of $100.00 per book and he would keep the merchandise as is. He suggested this deal to me.

I later on my own accord after refunding him the $200.00 I decided to refund him the full price of each book($400 total) let him keep the 9.6s and provided him with my CGC, UPS, and CCS account number so if he liked he could press the books, regrade them and ship them back to himself all on my dime.

From Agrippa

"Waiting another 6 to 8 months for a book in not acceptable! A refund is not acceptable!"

^^ This speaks volumes about how irrational your demands are.

Do you know how long some of us boardies wait for sketch commissions from ANY facilitator to come back? Are you completely new to this industry? My mind is boggled by your attempts at logic and reason.

Doug (Dscott) - I ask again - because I think some people are unfairly pointing out the problem was the original poster.

You offered up books here in SS and apparently in PM weeks before the show, against board rules I might add since this would have been yanked immediately if it was in the Sales Forum + look like the Mods were notified and no action was ever taken -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9442764&fpart=1

You stated that the books went to CCS - which says to me you didn't have 9.8 copies when you finally got them at the show. Why weren't your customers given the opportunity to back out of the deal and seek books from other dealers/facilitators? You were selling raw and blue labels as well as SS - that's not a Sig Op

He did give me refund and yes I do have a 9.6 he initially sent however as I stated all I want is the 9.8 which is what I purchased.

I cannot in good faith take what I did not purchase! This is not about getting extra loot! It is about standing by your word and delivering the service.

All I need is for Doug to make right and I will gladly send this book back to him.

Looks like Doug did everything possible to make it right including giving a full refund.

You have a 9.8 enroute to you and your money back. I see no reason for this thread to exist other than dragging someone's name through the mud.

It would certainly be ironic if OP wound up on the probation list because of this hit job...

I can guaranty that wont happen!

But thank you again.

How about Doug winding up there?

Is that possible?

Are you really this obtuse? I make no comment whatsoever on this situation - save this one - when people start talking about the Probation List, the rules of the Probation List obtain. And making things right will insure Doug is not on the PL.

To the OP - when you get your 9.8, will you return the money and the 9.6? If you fail to do so, should you go on the PL?

Everyone has the right to receive that for which they have bargained. But at what point do you realize that you are being placed on people's "do not deal with" list for being unreasonable?

I do not agree with you, in fact Sean quite the opposite.

I guess time will tell when others get involved.

Again, I am speaking purely about the PL rules. Not your "honor code" or the "cookie jar." It is clear from your PMs that these deal has a moral imperative attached to it. That is fine. Just understand that your moral imperative does not change the rules of the PL. My attempt to clarify is a FAIL, and I feel stupider for the effort. Thank you.

Please do not apologize!

This comes downs principles and facilitators business practices.

When you look at how many customers this has impacted it now becomes the norm not the abnormal as it should be.

I know I am horrible at getting my point across however this type of behavior needs to stop.

I take everyone's comments and criticism and appreciate it good or bad.

But everyone reading this needs to understand what is happening. It is not about making people right after the fact! It is about honoring your word and delivering what was promised. If I am at fault for wanting what I paid for 6 moths ago so be it.

But the truth is there facilitators who do honor the services, who communicate without having to contact them. It is that simple!

No, as others have said, mistakes happen. Unfortunately. How someone addresses the mistake is paramount.

You come off as a spoiled, comic junkie.

Whenever someone gets hung up on "principal", that's the end of the discussion. Your mind is made up, Nobody is going to convince you otherwise. Just don't get your panties in too much of a wad when the majority isn't going to agree with you.

He's gone above and beyond. Certainly entertained your nonsense for longer than I would have.

Thank you Chrisco

SO let me see if I get this right, it would be okay for me to take Doug's generosity exploit him for extra stuff and call it a day while others are getting hosed?

Spoiled comic junkie? Far from it however I would be willing to bet if you purchased something and they didn't communicate about it being wrong initially

sent you what you didn't buy

lied to you multiple times you would be okay with that?

I don't believe that for a second.

On another note if I am so wrong take the thread down, ban me?

The fact here is was there a mistake yes there was, did it get corrected seems to be working that direction. How many others did this happen too that didn't get corrected until I started the PM with Doug?

These are all facts and this is only the Batmans, we still the Justice League, Wonder Woman and so on.

This goes way beyond me and fortunately it is now exposed.

Please read below our conversation. I do not demand nor want Doug to be out of pocket, I said this months before I didn't want extra stuff.

Please understand what is happening here.

Doug,

Is it even possible to get Dell 'Otto to sign books and if so do you have something in the works?

Thank you sir for you help and time!

James

Possibly at Nycc and he is 20 a book

Really, thank you sir as always.

On a side note some of my friends have received there raw orders from SDCC but I have not.

Just following up as I know you had a ton of orders come through.

Thank you again

James

Which ones are you waiting on? I can check tracking and see where they are at.

The only Raw I ordered was a Batman SDCC Foil

Other books were all graded copies

James

I don't believe I thanked you for the books you did for me I Dallas. 5 sigs on multiple books and they all come back 9.8 is amazing Doug!

I can't wait till you get the grades on all the graded foils!

Thank you again sir!

James

I do apologize Doug to keep bothering you! This was just a follow up of the raw Batman SDCC foil. I was thinking you may have been keeping it to send me all the books at once?

James

honestly I feel like I submitted that one also for you. let me check some invoices today. But I get the feeling that is what happened on our end. So you will get that one cgced for free.

Doug I cannot take anything for free sir, and I understand mix-ups. Mistakes happen no reason for you to be inconvenienced.

Please let me know how much I owe, it isn't fair for you to be out money!

Also are you accepting or is there time for me to submit my Batman #404 9.8 for Franks sig?

James

Hey James you can get us the 404 by the 29th we will get it done at canada. It is $200.

Dont worry about the cgc costs thats on us. We make enough and we factor mistakes like that into our costs.

Good morning Mr. Peters

I was just sending a follow up on the SDCC Batman books I ordered.

I saw the post that you had started shipping them out and just wanted to make sure

My name was not left off the list. Thank you as always and have a great Monday.

James

hey James it should show up in the next day or two. We shipped them last week. Probably just a little slow from the holiday traffic

Thank you for the heads up, I am home so I will keep a look out.

Mr. Peters,

There seems to be an issue with my purchase. For some reason I received a 9.6 instead of a 9.8? Would you kindly help me understand what happened here?

The other issue is only received 1 book?

If you will review this post you will see I brought this to your attention back on 8/16/2016.

James

Ah that would explain why I have an extra on here. I can mail that out thats not an issue.

As for the 9.6 we only got 3 - 5 9.8s back I believe they were shipped in the order they were claimed by customers. If you were one of the first to claim an order and got a 9.6 I apologize.

So to offset the 9.6 I can offer you a $50.00 refund and you keep the book or a $200.00 refund and you return the book.

Also if you can send me the serial number I can check the graders notes. All the books were pressed but it seems like ccs didnt do a good job on them and they are repressing some for free that they didnt get the kinks out of. Which if yours is one of those books then they will repress and it will most likely get a 9.8.

Let me know what you want to do.

Mr. Peters,

If we go off of your Operating Procedures being that the first to claim the books were the first to receive the 9.8's, we should not be having this discussion as I was the first person in your Private Thread to say I will take it.

If you recall you and I also had a side bar PM where you confirmed that any books over 9.8 would be available for an upgrade in the order they were claimed.

As I look at this book #1406985012 I even see my name on it, which tells me someone had to be looking at those who purchased this book and the order they were requested so the correct book would be sent?

On the Facebook group you and I both belong to, I was excited to see the 9.8 posted and saw you subbed around 30 books. Needless to say I am very disappointed and upset at the moment. I am really at a loss for words here!

I also see this book on eBay in the same number pattern as mine belonging to a boardie who purchased after me in the SDCC private thread. That book has been up for days but here again if those books went out in a specific order we would not be having this discussion.

To make matters worse I never received the raw book I ordered from you in a NM+. When that was brought to your attention you wrote " honestly I feel like I submitted that one also for you. let me check some invoices today. But I get the feeling that is what happened on our end. So you will get that one CGC'ed for free. " I have still received this to date!

As for the book you sent I do not see this pressing out as it has 2 spin ticks and a front indention. CGC may have been generous in the grade?

I will leave this in your hands as to make this right Mr. Peters, there is only one way to handle and I'm sure you know what the right call is.

James

Sadly James I don't have any 9.8s believe me I'd rather a customer be happy than make a couple hundred on eBay. I make more than enough that I don't have to scam anyone or screw anyone over. This is just a case of books not grading out as planned and a mix up in shipping.

If I had a 9.8 I'd send you one but I do not. I did not ship the books out my shipping department does that I was in NYC when they went out. I cannot give you what I don't have. As per board rules on a presale item I am offering you the options that are acceptable for failure to deceiver an item. A full refund or a partial refund however since those are not acceptable for you I can propose the following:

for this one situation I would be willing to refund you the $200.00 and let you keep the 9.6.

I have an extra copy here at the office that is a signed 9.4 that is most likely your raw book if you want that you're welcome to it, if not I can refund the purchase price for a raw book or order you one off ebay

There is one other option if you're not in a hurry to get the book

I can get a comp copy from Tom Kings collection as I recently signed him to a management contract and have them signed by Tom, David,Jim,Alex, and Scott. I will pick the nicest copy and even submit extras for you to ensure a 9.8 from his collection and have it signed 5 times and CGC graded. Now because Jim lees only signing is sdcc 2017 that means they won't be ready until August.(CGC should notate on the label it is from Toms Collection but I cannot promise that. They currently do this but things may change by the time it is submitted)

in exchange for your patience I would let you keep the 9.6s for your trouble. And I can mail you the 9.4 still to replace your missing raw.

If you are not fine with the wait I can have the book CGC graded 9.8 blue label and send it to you as a blue label. Then when sdcc 2017 comes around you can mail them back to me and I'll crack them and add everyone.

Mr. Peters,

Lets just get all of this on the table now. Waiting another 6 to 8 months for a book in not acceptable! A refund is not acceptable! What is acceptable is what I purchased and you sir guaranteed. Does your ethics, business practices and or word mean anything? Lets just say to the people on the boards and being a top CGC facilitator you name means a lot. However sir your actions and lack there of speak differently.

Why would you not communicate to the people who support your Private and Public sales thread that you would not be able to fulfill there orders rather than just send a book and hope they are okay with it? How many others have you done this too, because surely I am not the first and in my count there are at least 9 others who didn't get what they purchased.

As for only getting 3 9.8's are you sure you want to go down that road?

Invoice #1406985

001 9.6

002 9.8

003 9.6

004 9.8

005 9.8

006 9.6

007 9.6

008 9.6

009 9.4

010 9.6

011 9.8

012 9.6

013 9.6

014 9.8

Does this look familiar? Funny thing is all this information is available to everyone if you just do your research.

So now you know where I stand sir, and the fact that you have purposely not been truthful is disgraceful. You have not followed your own business practices rather taking care of the people you chose. I want you to think long and hard as to your next response to me, as I am thinking about my next actions. All I want is what I purchased, I don't want extra books, extra swag, free books free anything! How about you just deliver what you said you would!

James

James I cannot give you what I don't have. So I'm not sure what exactly you're after.

I will ask around and see if anyone I know has an extra. But if not then all I can do is replace it or refund it.

As far as the boards are concerned I am doing what is outlined when a preorder cannot be filled.

Ok one of the other customers on the list is willing to send me his copy so I can mail it to you. He is willing to wait for the replacement in 2017.

Are you ok keeping the 9.6 to replace the raw? Or would you rather send that back and have me order one off eBay?

Doug

Ok one of the other customers on the list is willing to send me his copy so I can mail it to you. He is willing to wait for the replacement in 2017.

Are you ok keeping the 9.6 to replace the raw? Or would you rather send that back and have me order one off eBay?

Doug

Mr. Peters,

Please explain to me how I was first to claim the SDCC Batman 9.8 SS yet I did not receive one per you own business practices?

I'm also wondering how you can provide me a response as to how you shipped to those that purchased the book in the order they came in. You didn't even take the time to look and see where I was on the list before you gave that reason!

You were misleading about how many 9.8's you received, playing me for an ignorant buyer. How long do you expect to stay in business doing this?

I am grateful for the service you have provided in the past, maybe you were still hungry back then Doug?

For you to be this dishonest is disheartening sir. I by no means want to be little you however you need to think about your actions and who this will affect. You are not the only game in the business! Any of the other facilitators can provide the same services, you and I both know that! Maybe not everyone knows but we do! Yes you have an amazing lineup of artist but you better remember where you came from!

As per you quoting the boards then you do what is right per the boards. Remember though my order was put in first therefor by the boards I am to be taking care in the order it was received? You know very well what you have done to me and others Doug and it is not right!

Do not quote rules to anyone when you don't even follow them!

Whatever you do you are going to do, you know what is right in correcting this wrong.

James

Please read above James.

I will consider this the end of our business together and wish you luck in 2017 with your new facilitator. I sadly do not wish to stay in business with someone who feels I would be dishonest in anyway towards them. As I stated above I was not in the office when the books were shipped I was in NYC at Mr. Millers office. Clearly a mistake was made by the individual who handles our shipments. I have apologized and worked out the terms to fill and finalize your order. It saddens me that you think I need to scam a couple hundred dollars from my customers. But like I said above I wish you nothing but the best of luck in 2017.

Doug

Mr. Peters,

I considered an end to doing business with you when you dishonest about following your own policies, you were dishonest about how many 9.8's you received and flat out took advantage of me. I will be willing to bet you if I was to look up who's name is on your business license it will read Doug Peters?

Therefor sir anything that comes out of your office should be under your control!

Do you not have policies and procedures that you claimed you followed earlier?

Now sir I am hearing you blame you staff and being incompetent and not filling orders correctly. Stop with the excuses and just own the fact that you took care of who you wanted to. Again it is your name on the door and your right, but if you are going to do that then stop pre selling books you and promising grades you cannot deliver. Think about the intent of what your are doing knowingly sending someone something they didn't purchase, that sir is called fraud and if your name is on the door then you are condoning that behavior.

As for 2017 I wish nothing but the best for you and your business! I mean no disrespect or ill will towards you as I'm sure I will see you many time this coming year. However I urge you to think about when you were working your way up through the ranks to get where you are today. I'm sure you remember Chandler Rice!

Please don't be the next Chandler!

James

When you have a moment please either confirm for me that the 9.6 is fine to replace the raw or that you'd prefer to return that and be mailed a raw copy.

Hi James as of today a refund will be placed for your order and a 9.8 will be sent to you once it arrrives for the trouble. The last thing I'm out to be is Chandler Rice. Our business grew fast in 2016 in ways that we as a company are still adjusting too. My staff grew from 2 people including myself to 10 in order to compensate the uptick in sales and the new endevours we are now part of. You're right I should have had a better handle on the various departments and employees working for me. Those books never should have left the office, I should have instructed them to wait for my return before shipping in order to see what could be done. For that I apologize.

I wish you and your family a happy holidays and enjoy your 2017 and beyond. I'm sure I'll see you in Texas since I'll be there with several of my clients. For Dallas Comiccon in March

Good morning to you Doug,

I hope you will look at this Doug from the other side just for a moment as you were getting tips and learning the ropes not long ago. If you didn't know this was happening then there is a gross neglect on your part. However a business growing as I'm sure yours has with the new additions and sketchs blowing up is a great thing and I applaud you for this. You just need to remember Doug you are providing a service and your word is everything!

If you had called me and explained the situation I would have been upset sure, however I would have gladly worked with you to figure out a solution. i can only assume you are not hurting for money not need my business but can you imagine how you would be doing with let's say a Business Manager or is Cody and or James acting in this role? Imagine someone you could trust to do the job correctly while you were away? Just an observation on my end.

I can only imagine how much money you are spending trying to make things right with other and I hope this 2017 will bring you a greater more efficient process. I stated earlier you have always been a stand up guy prior to this and provided exactly what you stated in your threads. I don't know how we got here I just hope you take a moment to correct the issue's, as the only person who will stop your success is you.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

I look forward to talking with you this March!

James

no of course James, I understand thats why when I woke up this morning I fully refunded everyone of you guys who has had an issue with these orders

and while the money isnt exactly going to break me it isnt fun to hand it out. So yes I will have to reevaluate who is in charge while I am not at the office. Flying to nyc 3 times a week to meet with Frank, or Scott is different for us so some changes will need to be made.

And as is obvious we are still learning and I assume always will be learning. 2 years ago we were just doing sketch opps, last year we started doing facilitation, this year we started to actually sign contracts with and manage several of the larger names in the industry with DC comics. So not only do we facilitate for fans like you we also facilitate for the other facilitators as they have to go through us to get signatures from any of the batman writers and several of the batman artists. So we are always growing and learning. I appreciate your feedback with this.

Thank you sir again for your time and in understanding with what has happend.

I do appreciate the communication and hope in the future it will be initiated

From you guys as soon as a discrepancy happens.

We both know how Chandler treated everyone from clients to facilitators and even CGC.

We can always learn From the past and just move forward with those lessons learned as it seems you are doing. I hope I did not offend you as I may have come off harsh so please accept my apology as no disrespect was intended.

You take care of yourself Doug

No worries james, I clearly gave you fault to be upset so I take full responsibility. I look forward to working with you in the future.

James this email was sent to me today if you want me to send that 9.6 back. You'd have to mail the book back to me

Hello Doug,

CCS 1406985 was a 12 book press submission. The itemized invoice pdf and a scan of the original submission form are attached for your reference. press service will improve many defects but not necessarily correct all the defects.

I reviewed the graders notes on invoice 1431514 and it appears that some varying defects remained after the press service.

Rippling and warping should definitely be corrected with any and all CCS services. I am very sorry that this was missed. Light bends and indents left after a press is not uncommon. It is likely they were originally heavier bends and dents that were improved but would have required a full press in order to remove them completely.

As a courtesy on account the situation with this order I would like to give all books with remaining defects on this submission a full press and have them regarded at no charge. Please send these books to my attention and include a copy of this email for my reference. I'll take care of the repressing and regrading in a timely manner. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything further. Thanks and have a wonderful Holiday.

Oh lord. doh!

I thought the same thing. Looks like Doug offered to do everything that was in his control to do to make this right other than offering up his first born. Still not good enough for the OP.

Wow

I've dealt with Doug on many transactions - many, many transactions. And have zero complaints. In fact, I can think of several occasions where he's gone above even what I'd consider "above and beyond".

I have no reason to believe that will not continue to be the case going forward.

Whether you work at or run a business, mistakes will happen. It's how those mistakes are dealt with that define customer service and commitment to the end client. And from what I've been able to glean here, this mistake has been more than handled.

Again Roach thank you for your input!

This goes way beyond me, how many other boardies have been impacted and not been made whole? How are scared of being added to the probation lists or not able to get there books done?

I have stated and will again Doug has delivered on many occasions, never having to make it up with refunds or free stuff. However pre selling books and promising a grade and not delivering is another story.

Guy, you thanked me for my input but didn't read it. Clearly a mistake was made. Even more clearly, it's been handled (and then some) You're now insinuating that other boardies have been wronged and you're somehow trying to represent them with this thread? That's never going to work - in any venue.

I've dealt with Doug on many transactions - many, many transactions. And have zero complaints. In fact, I can think of several occasions where he's gone above even what I'd consider "above and beyond".

I have no reason to believe that will not continue to be the case going forward.

Whether you work at or run a business, mistakes will happen. It's how those mistakes are dealt with that define customer service and commitment to the end client. And from what I've been able to glean here, this mistake has been more than handled.

Again Roach thank you for your input!

This goes way beyond me, how many other boardies have been impacted and not been made whole? How are scared of being added to the probation lists or not able to get there books done?

Guy, you thanked me for my input but didn't read it. Clearly a mistake was made. Even more clearly, it's been handled (and then some) You're now insinuating that other boardies have been wronged and you're somehow trying to represent them with this thread? That's never going to work - in any venue.

I guess we will see wont we?

I have stated and will again Doug has delivered on many occasions, never having to make it up with refunds or free stuff. However pre selling books and promising a grade and not delivering is another story.

Please read below our conversation. I do not demand nor want Doug to be out of pocket, I said this months before I didn't want extra stuff.

Please understand what is happening here.

Doug,

Is it even possible to get Dell 'Otto to sign books and if so do you have something in the works?

Thank you sir for you help and time!

James

Possibly at Nycc and he is 20 a book

Really, thank you sir as always.

On a side note some of my friends have received there raw orders from SDCC but I have not.

Just following up as I know you had a ton of orders come through.

Thank you again

James

Which ones are you waiting on? I can check tracking and see where they are at.

The only Raw I ordered was a Batman SDCC Foil

Other books were all graded copies

James

I don't believe I thanked you for the books you did for me I Dallas. 5 sigs on multiple books and they all come back 9.8 is amazing Doug!

I can't wait till you get the grades on all the graded foils!

Thank you again sir!

James

I do apologize Doug to keep bothering you! This was just a follow up of the raw Batman SDCC foil. I was thinking you may have been keeping it to send me all the books at once?

James

honestly I feel like I submitted that one also for you. let me check some invoices today. But I get the feeling that is what happened on our end. So you will get that one cgced for free.

Doug I cannot take anything for free sir, and I understand mix-ups. Mistakes happen no reason for you to be inconvenienced.

Please let me know how much I owe, it isn't fair for you to be out money!

Also are you accepting or is there time for me to submit my Batman #404 9.8 for Franks sig?

James

Hey James you can get us the 404 by the 29th we will get it done at canada. It is $200.

Dont worry about the cgc costs thats on us. We make enough and we factor mistakes like that into our costs.

Good morning Mr. Peters

I was just sending a follow up on the SDCC Batman books I ordered.

I saw the post that you had started shipping them out and just wanted to make sure

My name was not left off the list. Thank you as always and have a great Monday.

James

hey James it should show up in the next day or two. We shipped them last week. Probably just a little slow from the holiday traffic

Thank you for the heads up, I am home so I will keep a look out.

Mr. Peters,

There seems to be an issue with my purchase. For some reason I received a 9.6 instead of a 9.8? Would you kindly help me understand what happened here?

The other issue is only received 1 book?

If you will review this post you will see I brought this to your attention back on 8/16/2016.

James

Ah that would explain why I have an extra on here. I can mail that out thats not an issue.

As for the 9.6 we only got 3 - 5 9.8s back I believe they were shipped in the order they were claimed by customers. If you were one of the first to claim an order and got a 9.6 I apologize.

So to offset the 9.6 I can offer you a $50.00 refund and you keep the book or a $200.00 refund and you return the book.

Also if you can send me the serial number I can check the graders notes. All the books were pressed but it seems like ccs didnt do a good job on them and they are repressing some for free that they didnt get the kinks out of. Which if yours is one of those books then they will repress and it will most likely get a 9.8.

Let me know what you want to do.

Mr. Peters,

If we go off of your Operating Procedures being that the first to claim the books were the first to receive the 9.8's, we should not be having this discussion as I was the first person in your Private Thread to say I will take it.

If you recall you and I also had a side bar PM where you confirmed that any books over 9.8 would be available for an upgrade in the order they were claimed.

As I look at this book #1406985012 I even see my name on it, which tells me someone had to be looking at those who purchased this book and the order they were requested so the correct book would be sent?

On the Facebook group you and I both belong to, I was excited to see the 9.8 posted and saw you subbed around 30 books. Needless to say I am very disappointed and upset at the moment. I am really at a loss for words here!

I also see this book on eBay in the same number pattern as mine belonging to a boardie who purchased after me in the SDCC private thread. That book has been up for days but here again if those books went out in a specific order we would not be having this discussion.

To make matters worse I never received the raw book I ordered from you in a NM+. When that was brought to your attention you wrote " honestly I feel like I submitted that one also for you. let me check some invoices today. But I get the feeling that is what happened on our end. So you will get that one CGC'ed for free. " I have still received this to date!

As for the book you sent I do not see this pressing out as it has 2 spin ticks and a front indention. CGC may have been generous in the grade?

I will leave this in your hands as to make this right Mr. Peters, there is only one way to handle and I'm sure you know what the right call is.

James

Sadly James I don't have any 9.8s believe me I'd rather a customer be happy than make a couple hundred on eBay. I make more than enough that I don't have to scam anyone or screw anyone over. This is just a case of books not grading out as planned and a mix up in shipping.

If I had a 9.8 I'd send you one but I do not. I did not ship the books out my shipping department does that I was in NYC when they went out. I cannot give you what I don't have. As per board rules on a presale item I am offering you the options that are acceptable for failure to deceiver an item. A full refund or a partial refund however since those are not acceptable for you I can propose the following:

for this one situation I would be willing to refund you the $200.00 and let you keep the 9.6.

I have an extra copy here at the office that is a signed 9.4 that is most likely your raw book if you want that you're welcome to it, if not I can refund the purchase price for a raw book or order you one off ebay

There is one other option if you're not in a hurry to get the book

I can get a comp copy from Tom Kings collection as I recently signed him to a management contract and have them signed by Tom, David,Jim,Alex, and Scott. I will pick the nicest copy and even submit extras for you to ensure a 9.8 from his collection and have it signed 5 times and CGC graded. Now because Jim lees only signing is sdcc 2017 that means they won't be ready until August.(CGC should notate on the label it is from Toms Collection but I cannot promise that. They currently do this but things may change by the time it is submitted)

in exchange for your patience I would let you keep the 9.6s for your trouble. And I can mail you the 9.4 still to replace your missing raw.

If you are not fine with the wait I can have the book CGC graded 9.8 blue label and send it to you as a blue label. Then when sdcc 2017 comes around you can mail them back to me and I'll crack them and add everyone.

Mr. Peters,

Lets just get all of this on the table now. Waiting another 6 to 8 months for a book in not acceptable! A refund is not acceptable! What is acceptable is what I purchased and you sir guaranteed. Does your ethics, business practices and or word mean anything? Lets just say to the people on the boards and being a top CGC facilitator you name means a lot. However sir your actions and lack there of speak differently.

Why would you not communicate to the people who support your Private and Public sales thread that you would not be able to fulfill there orders rather than just send a book and hope they are okay with it? How many others have you done this too, because surely I am not the first and in my count there are at least 9 others who didn't get what they purchased.

As for only getting 3 9.8's are you sure you want to go down that road?

Invoice #1406985

001 9.6

002 9.8

003 9.6

004 9.8

005 9.8

006 9.6

007 9.6

008 9.6

009 9.4

010 9.6

011 9.8

012 9.6

013 9.6

014 9.8

Does this look familiar? Funny thing is all this information is available to everyone if you just do your research.

So now you know where I stand sir, and the fact that you have purposely not been truthful is disgraceful. You have not followed your own business practices rather taking care of the people you chose. I want you to think long and hard as to your next response to me, as I am thinking about my next actions. All I want is what I purchased, I don't want extra books, extra swag, free books free anything! How about you just deliver what you said you would!

James

James I cannot give you what I don't have. So I'm not sure what exactly you're after.

I will ask around and see if anyone I know has an extra. But if not then all I can do is replace it or refund it.

As far as the boards are concerned I am doing what is outlined when a preorder cannot be filled.

Doug

Doug

Mr. Peters,

Please explain to me how I was first to claim the SDCC Batman 9.8 SS yet I did not receive one per you own business practices?

I'm also wondering how you can provide me a response as to how you shipped to those that purchased the book in the order they came in. You didn't even take the time to look and see where I was on the list before you gave that reason!

You were misleading about how many 9.8's you received, playing me for an ignorant buyer. How long do you expect to stay in business doing this?

I am grateful for the service you have provided in the past, maybe you were still hungry back then Doug?

For you to be this dishonest is disheartening sir. I by no means want to be little you however you need to think about your actions and who this will affect. You are not the only game in the business! Any of the other facilitators can provide the same services, you and I both know that! Maybe not everyone knows but we do! Yes you have an amazing lineup of artist but you better remember where you came from!

As per you quoting the boards then you do what is right per the boards. Remember though my order was put in first therefor by the boards I am to be taking care in the order it was received? You know very well what you have done to me and others Doug and it is not right!

Do not quote rules to anyone when you don't even follow them!

Whatever you do you are going to do, you know what is right in correcting this wrong.

James

Please read above James.

I will consider this the end of our business together and wish you luck in 2017 with your new facilitator. I sadly do not wish to stay in business with someone who feels I would be dishonest in anyway towards them. As I stated above I was not in the office when the books were shipped I was in NYC at Mr. Millers office. Clearly a mistake was made by the individual who handles our shipments. I have apologized and worked out the terms to fill and finalize your order. It saddens me that you think I need to scam a couple hundred dollars from my customers. But like I said above I wish you nothing but the best of luck in 2017.

Doug

Mr. Peters,

I considered an end to doing business with you when you dishonest about following your own policies, you were dishonest about how many 9.8's you received and flat out took advantage of me. I will be willing to bet you if I was to look up who's name is on your business license it will read Doug Peters?

Therefor sir anything that comes out of your office should be under your control!

Do you not have policies and procedures that you claimed you followed earlier?

Now sir I am hearing you blame you staff and being incompetent and not filling orders correctly. Stop with the excuses and just own the fact that you took care of who you wanted to. Again it is your name on the door and your right, but if you are going to do that then stop pre selling books you and promising grades you cannot deliver. Think about the intent of what your are doing knowingly sending someone something they didn't purchase, that sir is called fraud and if your name is on the door then you are condoning that behavior.

As for 2017 I wish nothing but the best for you and your business! I mean no disrespect or ill will towards you as I'm sure I will see you many time this coming year. However I urge you to think about when you were working your way up through the ranks to get where you are today. I'm sure you remember Chandler Rice!

Please don't be the next Chandler!

James

When you have a moment please either confirm for me that the 9.6 is fine to replace the raw or that you'd prefer to return that and be mailed a raw copy.

Hi James as of today a refund will be placed for your order and a 9.8 will be sent to you once it arrrives for the trouble. The last thing I'm out to be is Chandler Rice. Our business grew fast in 2016 in ways that we as a company are still adjusting too. My staff grew from 2 people including myself to 10 in order to compensate the uptick in sales and the new endevours we are now part of. You're right I should have had a better handle on the various departments and employees working for me. Those books never should have left the office, I should have instructed them to wait for my return before shipping in order to see what could be done. For that I apologize.

I wish you and your family a happy holidays and enjoy your 2017 and beyond. I'm sure I'll see you in Texas since I'll be there with several of my clients. For Dallas Comiccon in March

Good morning to you Doug,

I hope you will look at this Doug from the other side just for a moment as you were getting tips and learning the ropes not long ago. If you didn't know this was happening then there is a gross neglect on your part. However a business growing as I'm sure yours has with the new additions and sketchs blowing up is a great thing and I applaud you for this. You just need to remember Doug you are providing a service and your word is everything!

If you had called me and explained the situation I would have been upset sure, however I would have gladly worked with you to figure out a solution. i can only assume you are not hurting for money not need my business but can you imagine how you would be doing with let's say a Business Manager or is Cody and or James acting in this role? Imagine someone you could trust to do the job correctly while you were away? Just an observation on my end.

I can only imagine how much money you are spending trying to make things right with other and I hope this 2017 will bring you a greater more efficient process. I stated earlier you have always been a stand up guy prior to this and provided exactly what you stated in your threads. I don't know how we got here I just hope you take a moment to correct the issue's, as the only person who will stop your success is you.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

I look forward to talking with you this March!

James

no of course James, I understand thats why when I woke up this morning I fully refunded everyone of you guys who has had an issue with these orders

and while the money isnt exactly going to break me it isnt fun to hand it out. So yes I will have to reevaluate who is in charge while I am not at the office. Flying to nyc 3 times a week to meet with Frank, or Scott is different for us so some changes will need to be made.

And as is obvious we are still learning and I assume always will be learning. 2 years ago we were just doing sketch opps, last year we started doing facilitation, this year we started to actually sign contracts with and manage several of the larger names in the industry with DC comics. So not only do we facilitate for fans like you we also facilitate for the other facilitators as they have to go through us to get signatures from any of the batman writers and several of the batman artists. So we are always growing and learning. I appreciate your feedback with this.

Thank you sir again for your time and in understanding with what has happend.

I do appreciate the communication and hope in the future it will be initiated

From you guys as soon as a discrepancy happens.

We both know how Chandler treated everyone from clients to facilitators and even CGC.

We can always learn From the past and just move forward with those lessons learned as it seems you are doing. I hope I did not offend you as I may have come off harsh so please accept my apology as no disrespect was intended.

You take care of yourself Doug

No worries james, I clearly gave you fault to be upset so I take full responsibility. I look forward to working with you in the future.

James this email was sent to me today if you want me to send that 9.6 back. You'd have to mail the book back to me

Hello Doug,

CCS 1406985 was a 12 book press submission. The itemized invoice pdf and a scan of the original submission form are attached for your reference. press service will improve many defects but not necessarily correct all the defects.

I reviewed the graders notes on invoice 1431514 and it appears that some varying defects remained after the press service.

Rippling and warping should definitely be corrected with any and all CCS services. I am very sorry that this was missed. Light bends and indents left after a press is not uncommon. It is likely they were originally heavier bends and dents that were improved but would have required a full press in order to remove them completely.

As a courtesy on account the situation with this order I would like to give all books with remaining defects on this submission a full press and have them regarded at no charge. Please send these books to my attention and include a copy of this email for my reference. I'll take care of the repressing and regrading in a timely manner. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything further. Thanks and have a wonderful Holiday.

Oh lord. doh!

I thought the same thing. Looks like Doug offered to do everything that was in his control to do to make this right other than offering up his first born. Still not good enough for the OP.

Wow

Sometimes you just can't satisfy a customer. :eyeroll:

If op was the first person to put a :takeit: in the group dm, and when you look up the invoice of the book he received other grades show up as 9.8

Why didn't the op get one of the 9.8s?

Also how long is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a book? I have five books I submitted in May and I'm still waiting for them to hit the grading room after being pressed. How did Doug get his books out of ccs while others sit waiting to be serviced?

Oh lord. This guy needs to get off his high horse and take a xanax.

If this was happening on the scale that he insinuates, then Doug would be out of business.

How can he not see where his arguments just fall flat on the floor in light of facts.

And to have Dre chiming in trying to look like a knight in shinning armor, admitting that he knows the OP personally, stinks of outside influence towards the OP in hopes of stealing "business" away from Doug.

So far only one person has stated that he was also affected by the problems OP experienced, but he has dealt with them and seems fine with it. Some people just can't be made happy. That's when both parties just need to walk away... not try and drag the other party through the dirt.

Poor evilawd all he is trying to do is point out that he was wronged by Dscott and all you guys do is blast him (probably in hopes that Dscott will somehow reward you for doing so...probably the only reason to be honest, which is sad.) With that being said, you can add me to the list of people that purchased one thing and received another.

I purchased a 9.8 Batman Adventures and received a 9.4. Yeah sure Dscott was willing to give me a refund but that isn't the point. While we are at it I see the 'refund' being in the pro column a bit too much here. Do you not factor in the fact that you need to take time out of your day to go to the post office (only open till 5), and have to pay for shipping. So by me and (him) buying that it cost more time and money to do so. When I very well could have just purchased the book from a different facilitator.

I do think that evilawd was compensated for it and that is sweet that he got his money back and then some, However, it looked like it took a lot of effort to do so. What is the point in even sending out the 9.4 or 9.6 to even begin with? If evilawd didn't say anything he would have paid for a 9.8 and be stuck with a 9.6. Just as I would have been stuck with a 9.4 but paid for a 9.8.

If you bought something from Target and they sent you a broken product would you just say oh...ok...Well its Target and they have been around for a while so It must be me!