• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destroy it or sell it?

31 posts in this topic

I can not stand restored books. I can't continue to own this because I despise restoration so much, but if I sell it on Ebay there is a good chance some A-hole will deslab it and try to pass it again. But I can't likely eat this much of a loss. I bought this too long ago to return it, but suffice to say this seller is now on my personal list.

Not even sure what to sell it for? Any input appreciated.

If it is low enough that I can absorb the loss I may just trash the book.

IMG_0270_zpsh5doxuip.jpg

I'm guessing you might be able to get around $200 for it. There is no GPA for a restored #2 but there is for #1 and #4, just guessing here.

Please do NOT destroy it. The resto is very, very minor and could have been easily missed by the seller inadvertently.

You can try to return to him if he's on the boards even if it was a long time ago. I would certainly take it back if I was the seller.

You can crack it out, read a nice story and throw it in a nice mylar.

Again, please don't destroy the comic, it's a piece of art!

If it is low enough that I can absorb the loss I may just trash the book.

Please, do not take offense, but this is one of the most nonsensical statement I have ever read.

You were annoyed by the fact it is "restored" (?) and for this reason no one other should be able to get it, potential "scamming" or not?

And this is also a bit frightening: Adolf Hitler followed a similar line of reasoning when Germany lost the war, with the essential difference he was thinking of people, not of objects. He "lost", Germany had to "burn" and "go down" with him… Ugh! :eek:

If it is such a burden, I will gladly take the book as a gift, even if I don’t care about it. And stay sure I would not care at all about this "restoration". You do not prevent fraudolent selling practices by "destroying" books…

Without the book in hand, there is no way for sure to evaluate how much color touch there is with the possibility of removing. C-1 can be an extensive amount of color touch, to much for removal. I would think its value would be around a good 2.0 condition unrestored.

Speaking as someone that doesn't mind buying restored books because that's more suitable to my disposable income level, please do not destroy it. 100 years from now, they will just be happy that the books still exist in some format, not burned to ashes or in a landfill.

Without the book in hand, there is no way for sure to evaluate how much color touch there is with the possibility of removing. C-1 can be an extensive amount of color touch, to much for removal. I would think its value would be around a good 2.0 condition unrestored.

The label states "Very small amount of color touch on cover."