• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Empty Package Scam from EBay Seller

180 posts in this topic

all addys look legit. If it wasn't for the packaging and cgc broken pathetic case I would think could be an accident. But how the inside of a the medium flat rate box on a $5,000 order, It just seemed b.s will posts pictures for kicks in a few

all addys look legit. If it wasn't for the packaging and cgc broken pathetic case I would think could be an accident. But how the inside of a the medium flat rate box on a $5,000 order, It just seemed b.s will posts pictures for kicks in a few

Saw the photos. What a #*$#&.

I'm sure you'll prevail. Buyer protection is always the best. I always worry about situations like this from the seller POV, where a buyer buys something then ships back an empty box (or now an empty cgc holder).

dont smudge prints on that case-evidence.
I would message the seller and tell him I hope he wore gloves when packing up. See how he responds to being called out and at the same time let him know his days are numbered. He may opt to give up a refund. Its gonna get ugly for him

Only thing I said the seller was "Thanks for the empty box and the empty cgc case- good try on the scam. I feels sorry for you-dan"

yes I know I accidentally put an "s" on feel

getting angry and threatening to fly there like in Jay and Silent Bob the movie would do no good. was tempting to go off but with business as in life I always ask mself what I hope to accomplish with what I say and write. it is sad because it puts a damper on collecting when mess like this happens

I got hit by a similar scam back when I collected MTG cards. Back then the scam was to build up an account with feedback selling cheap things then sell some higher priced items and finally the big cards. The seller then shipped everyone that purchased one of those cards a box with an empty top loader and fought the disputes, then disappeared if he lost the disputes. This looks pretty similar on a smaller scale, the seller probably hopes to keep his account in this case.

I would call both paypal and your credit card company and inform them of what happened . You should eventually get your money back.

Seller's address there, everything on their end seems legit. they saying it was shipped in box, which might of. Would make for the perfect insurance scam on their end, how can anyone prove them wrong? Everything on their end seems legit but my guess would point to still the perfect scam. I have no clue, anything I say is a guess and all I know is I received an empty box

Seller's address there, everything on their end seems legit. they saying it was shipped in box, which might of. Would make for the perfect insurance scam on their end, how can anyone prove them wrong? Everything on their end seems legit but my guess would point to still the perfect scam. I have no clue, anything I say is a guess and all I know is I received an empty box

If their fingerprints are on the inside of the case that would be a slam dunk proving they knowingly sent empty slab.

I have bought from ebay lots of times always got my money back but 1 time.

I never got anything in my mailbox seller said he sent and post office said it was delivered but it was not there never got item. I told ebay and pay-pal both said it was delivered and closed case that fast.

Hard to prove since he sent and you opened it sucks. I say you get the real account holder sounds like hijacked account.

Weird part is it seems like the real account holder. Will keep y'all updated. Hard to prove anything if they say the comic was in there and acting like it was broken into during transit.

Lesson learned so far: video tape opening up any box for items over $2,500

Box was not tampered. Was a broken cgc case inside makes me think they probably knew exactly what they were doing. Right now I figured to let PayPal prove otherwise because if Amex opens dispute- PayPal case closes. Figure if PayPal fails, eBay than Amex. I would think PayPal will step up on this but we will see.

It's a scam I have worried about for 15 years with my other online business, but I guessed it would happen as me as a seller and the buyer says the box was empty...

What about the shipping label? You could easily exacto remove it and retape it to another fresh new taped up box that would give the appearance of an original sealed untampered box.

Thats the hard part of all this, how to prove it was not in the box before or that it was broken into is nearly impossible. Just hope the right outcome surfaces

I really appreciate all of y'all who have reached out to me on this thread and in pm, really means a lot and hope at the end of this I have good news and hope this never happens to any of us in the future.

If the board detectives can find that book is actually owned by someone else it would be a slam dunk. He got that image from somewhere.

Weird part is it seems like the real account holder. Will keep y'all updated. Hard to prove anything if they say the comic was in there and acting like it was broken into during transit.

Lesson learned so far: video tape opening up any box for items over $2,500

He could be telling the truth he sent book. I think mail person knows there might be $$$$$ book in there and took it out its possible someone took book out.