• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Empty Package Scam from EBay Seller

180 posts in this topic

I mean his prints should be on the flyers and case, there should be video of his visit to post office have you brought up the fliers and stuff in your messages to him? If he says he has no knowledge of them and his prints are on them...

That is if the post office goes that deep with their fraud investigations

So you have personal experience in the best person to contact?

Have you ever done this before? I'm only asking because I have done this dozens of times and it doesn't work that way.

Go ahead and call the Springfield police and tell them you want to talk to the chief to file a report. Be sure to let us know how that works out.

Have you ever done this before? I'm only asking because I have done this dozens of times and it doesn't work that way.

Go ahead and call the Springfield police and tell them you want to talk to the chief to file a report. Be sure to let us know how that works out.

1hcv72.jpg

1hcv72.jpg

Apparently I didn't get the joke. I don't have kav figured out yet.

1hcv72.jpg

1hcvpc.jpg

1hcv72.jpg

1hcvpc.jpg

Actually, kav is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. There are lots of Springfields in the US, and the PA police chief is Joseph Daly.

When you call in to file a report, you don't get the chief of police.

Many boardies have been thoughtful on offering assistance. unless PayPal decides against me- I think enough clear evidence for me to not do more than already done and contact post office . I am not flying to Springfield, I have work and family. This fraud should be clear cut with altered photo (thanks to our great boardie on detecting that.) If PayPal ruled against me, I will be begging for help but till then- I got to have faith that I should have my money back soon

Oh, chief in the Simpsons. Got me. lol

I truly hope that some day my IQ will increase enough to match my shoe size.

It's all good.

I'm glad you didn't split.

One thing about this case would crack me up if it didn't suck so much, that the seller/fraudster tried to think like he would if he was a dumb postal office worker that stuffed the box full of whatever was handy, oh look, postal supplies - perhaps to throw Timely Finds off the trail, duh, could he have been more obvious? It just seems so transparent, would the USPS even hire someone so dumb? [or maybe it was a smart postal worker trying to fool wiseguys like me.]

Oh, chief in the Simpsons. Got me. lol

I truly hope that some day my IQ will increase enough to match my shoe size.

It's all good.

I'm glad you didn't split.

One thing about this case would crack me up if it didn't suck so much, that the seller/fraudster tried to think like he would if he was a dumb postal office worker that stuffed the box full of whatever was handy, oh look, postal supplies - perhaps to throw Timely Finds off the trail, duh, could he have been more obvious? It just seems so transparent, would the USPS even hire someone so dumb? [or maybe it was a smart postal worker trying to fool wiseguys like me.]

Yes.Yes they would.

PayPal decided in my favor, funds being refunded. Glad it's over, I have had larger amounts have fraud issues on sellers end but this empty package situation was much scarier. Lesson learn: film large purchases being opened and if possible, do at post office. Thanks everyone for their help and time to go find an AF 15