• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, mustang33guy said:

Hey everyone! 

Got this nice low grade copy of one of my favorite issues in the Fight run at Little Giant a couple weeks ago.

I got it from Jim Payette and noticed it had this Certificate of Provenance on the back of it. From an original owner like collection from Dr. Henry Binford Steele. 

Was just wondering if anyone else has any other knowledge on this collection or even have their own copies from it. Thanks! 

Fight Comics #10

4773C854-7C55-464F-996D-AE90E548449B.jpeg

18AA3296-51AC-4E69-BD7F-56BB5934BCBF.jpeg

Not a recognized CGC pedigree. Another cool collection that Jim picked up fairly recently I think. He has turned up more cool collections than anybody I can think of. 

On 5/9/2022 at 11:31 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Been a little while since I have acquired something worthy to post in this thread!! I believe Planet 10 used this early Eisner covered Jungle as a template 🤷‍♂️😎

F37F80E9-F5A7-4C4E-A799-F4E7F111ECE4.jpeg

Awesome!! This cover is super cool Gino. Definitely the inspiration for Planet 10. Love it! 

On 5/10/2022 at 2:31 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Been a little while since I have acquired something worthy to post in this thread!! I believe Planet 10 used this early Eisner covered Jungle as a template 🤷‍♂️😎

F37F80E9-F5A7-4C4E-A799-F4E7F111ECE4.jpeg

Great cover Gino it took me some time to find a decent copy just love the cover :luhv:

On 5/8/2022 at 12:06 PM, Robot Man said:

Beautiful group! I think Fight is my favorite FH title. Long ago I bought a few then discovered the Matt Baker issues. So I went for the run of them. Then that proceeded to anything with a cool cover from start to end. Other than a few issues, I pretty much have the ones I really want but am always open to another...

Here is my Baker run. From say, #30-50 are my favorites. Probably everybody else's too because they don't turn up often. Sure glad I got started early. And, yeah, I like 'em raw so I can look inside at the wonderful contents!

comfightbakerrun1.jpg

comfightbakerrun2.jpg

These are amazing RM thank you sharing baker was the man!

On 5/9/2022 at 1:43 PM, mustang33guy said:

Hey everyone! 

Got this nice low grade copy of one of my favorite issues in the Fight run at Little Giant a couple weeks ago.

I got it from Jim Payette and noticed it had this Certificate of Provenance on the back of it. From an original owner like collection from Dr. Henry Binford Steele. 

Was just wondering if anyone else has any other knowledge on this collection or even have their own copies from it. Thanks! 

Fight Comics #10

4773C854-7C55-464F-996D-AE90E548449B.jpeg

18AA3296-51AC-4E69-BD7F-56BB5934BCBF.jpeg

I have about 5 issues from various FH tittles that I also got from Jim.