• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,638 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2022 at 12:25 PM, szav said:

Was this focused Fiction House auction noted yet?  Should be fun (incidentally I see a few old friends in here....), seems like they’re also doing a featured Baker only auction too, wonder what others there are coming up.

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=40199&ic=breadcrumb-comics-121913-interior

image.thumb.png.cf74fb48a09056b3e868e6e46ea4139f.png

Thanks for posting this Scott, I hadn't looked that far ahead.  Should be interesting.

Edited by telerites

On 6/30/2022 at 4:27 PM, Straw-Man said:

finally closed the wings 1-50 run with one of the dr. steele books.    glad to have it.

wings35.jpeg

Attaboy geek! Glad you finally crossed it off the list. Must be that killer splash page that makes it hard to come by.

On 7/1/2022 at 9:52 AM, Robot Man said:

I have long wanted to do this. A photo of the “Big 6”. Always loved seeing these ads in the FH books. Wondering which one I’d pick that month if I only had one dime. Well I finally realized I actually own a “Big 6”. This is from Sept/Oct 1945. What book would you choose if you only had one Mercury dime to spend that month? Anybody else have a “Big 6”? 

74D40EE9-4ED4-4058-A04C-2105C8E7D321.jpeg

AAC926D3-6DD7-411B-B446-BE4FEB6082CB.jpeg

I’ve wanted to do this for a long time as well. I have come close, but have not been able to own all at one time from any of the “Big 6” front cover reveals on the back cover of FH books. Congrats for owning them all. Sweet to see them all along side each other 🙌🏻

On 6/30/2022 at 11:40 AM, Robot Man said:

Just got in a nice color upgrade for this one. One of my favorite Jungle covers.

The first one was an old EBay “acceptable” copy. When I saw my new copy I knew I just had to have it. Even it might be improbable color wise but in the mean time…:x

Funny thing is, unless you saw the brighter one, you might not ever know.

41CF97C8-9124-40BE-A6CA-A8B6FF0F8F38.jpeg

B6113695-BAA1-47A4-90EB-250B481D8489.jpeg

Orange blood is a give-away that the ink has deteriorated. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:31 PM, szav said:

Nice, my favorite gal.  I’m no expert on OA and barely qualify as a novice, but is that professionally produced or a recreation by someone?  I don’t see the usual production markings on it… again no expert.  What’s the story the seller gave?

@szav thanks for the reply. I don't think it's production picked up a few weeks back on the bay from a antique store seller I think. Paper feels old and I know the name on the top right was an artist that work on fire hair if Google is correct.. 

On 7/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, Robot Man said:

Picked up this nice colorful example. Down to two issues I need to complete what I want from this title. 

E930E1E4-EF76-4CD9-9C61-5DFE7814D05B.jpeg

This cover looks like it was colored by a six year old.