• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,647 posts in this topic

I agree, #72 is an awesome cover. One of the reasons I bought this rather nice copy:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-11-10

despite it being LTOWP. I'm not sure the colors will come through, but in hand they are spectacular. Plus the book looks more like a 9.4 to me; I've heard there is a limit to the top grade that can be assigned to a LTOWP book (?)

I know I've posted # 4 a kazillion times already but I'm not going to stop until the Post Office recognizes its brilliance and puts it on a stamp. :sumo:

Planet4GA-1.jpg

47582-Planetenvelope.jpg

:o

You mean it WAS a stamp in the 70's?

doh! My bad.

(worship) Funny stuff, Jayman. lol:applause:

It was an old request to see some of your beautiful pre-code horror from your collection!

Pretty-please? :wishluck:

It was an old request to see some of your beautiful pre-code horror from your collection!

Pretty-please?

I posted a few scans on my thread sometime around October 30th in answer to johnenock's request. :gossip:

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see? My greatest strength in pre-code horror is mostly in titles published by EC.

A double dose of Fight found my mailbox this week. After the 51, today came # 41, courtesy of board member Moloch. The copy is not pretty as October's but I still like it, what with the Lily Renée Senorita Rio story inside -

47631-FightComics41.jpg.0aa9ab18203986daed5de967a417853c.jpg

Asking me what to see is like letting a kid run loose in a candy shop! :D

Straight out I'd like to see any of these:

Haunt of Fear #8

Haunt of Fear #12

Crime SuspenStories #20

Crime SuspenStories #22

And any of the 3-D Horror books

Not an E.C. but would love to see a copy of Underworld Crime #7 if you have one! :wishluck:

Asking me what to see is like letting a kid run loose in a candy shop! :D

Straight out I'd like to see any of these:

Haunt of Fear #8

Haunt of Fear #12

Crime SuspenStories #20

Crime SuspenStories #22

And any of the 3-D Horror books

Not an E.C. but would love to see a copy of Underworld Crime #7 if you have one! :wishluck:

Can't help with EC Horror, all I've got are Sci-Fi (BZ will have to do that), but here's a 3-D horror from St. John.

HouseofTerror13D.jpg

That is actually one of (if not the first) pre-code horror books I ever came across as a kid at a show.

Even though I never owned a copy , it's remembered as my introduction to pre-codes! :applause:

Hi there. This is my first post on the Fiction House thread. I have been hanging out and receiving a lot of help over at the Fox thread.

Based on the unbelievable response to my book, "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks" (now in it's third printing!), I am beginning to contemplate a second volume of the comics of Fletcher Hanks. Below is my wish list.

Does anyone have any of these books? If so would you be willing to make some decent high-rez scans for me for potential publication? In return you will receive an acknowledgement should the book be published, an inscribed copy of the book, and my undying gratitude.

Here's the list:

Hanks wish list

JUNGLE (Fiction House)

#2 Mystery Woman of the Jungle

#4 Gorilla story

#8 [The Temple In the Mud Pit]

#9 The Tiger-Women of Wildmoon Mountain]

#12 [The New Blitzers]

#14 [The Revenge of Zomax]

FIGHT COMICS (Fiction House)

#3 [The Timber Thieves]

#4 [The Lumber Hijackers]

#5 [The Sinister Stranger]

#6 [The Paper Racketeers]

#7 [The Lumber Hijackers]

#8 [The Monk's War Rockets]

#9 Last appearance Sept. 1940 [searching For Sally Breen]

Daring Mystery (Timely)

#4 [Mars Attacks] Whirlwind Carter

#5 [Planet of Black-Light] Whirlwind Carter

Planet Comics (Fiction House)

#2 The Dashing, Slashing Adventure of the Great Solinoor Diamond, Tiger

Hart (Medieval story)

#5 Buzz Crandall [slaves of the Flower People]

#8 Buzz Crandall [sophus, the Mad Philosopher]

thanks,

-Paul Karasik

Hi there. This is my first post on the Fiction House thread. I have been hanging out and receiving a lot of help over at the Fox thread.

Based on the unbelievable response to my book, "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks" (now in it's third printing!), I am beginning to contemplate a second volume of the comics of Fletcher Hanks. Below is my wish list.

thanks,

-Paul Karasik

I can't help with any of the books, but I was wondering if you're selling signed copies of your book directly.

Picked this up today for twenty bucks. I'm pretty pleased with it, all things considered, since 1) I didn't have it 2) it was dirt cheap and 3) it wasn't on my bondage cover list.

jungle083.jpg