• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,647 posts in this topic

Closing in on #1 to #10 - just two to go.

PlanetComics185_zpsaf0d4d00.jpg

:applause: I won it's baby brother.

Planet48_zps570e3063.jpg

Two really nice Planets :applause:

Agreed!

I think I came in third on the Planet 1. As it turns out I am glad I didn't win, is several other books I am chasing...

I won it's younger and more good looking brother.

Planet48_zps570e3063.jpg

Fixed that for you!

I've not seen many of these and they all have the same color level. I imagine her dress and the missiles are supposed to be bright red. Anyone have a brightly colored copy?

te]

I've not seen many of these and they all have the same color level. I imagine her dress and the missiles are supposed to be bright red. Anyone have a brightly colored copy?

Yes, just one low grade copy with deep colors - I didn't keep a scan but seem to recall there is also more nuance in color variation when the full palette is present - not just in the reds but the purples as well.

But having said that, this is one of the FH covers where one doesn't feel the loss - your copy is beautiful.

I have a beauty for color. As it is a double cover book, this is a shot of the inner cover and it's color. For obvious reasons I can not scan it but the photo is pretty decent. let me know if you want to see another shot/ detail. I can take a shot of close up of her dress. It is off register, but there are areas that have the combined color.

0b512ada-c641-4510-bb26-190d8822c24d_zps66651556.jpg

Planet48_zps570e3063.jpg

Fixed that for you!

I do not own this one, but this one has a nice red dress and red missiles.

image_zpsf37bc836.jpg

Planet48_zps570e3063.jpg

Fixed that for you!

I do not own this one, but this one has a nice red dress and red missiles.

image_zpsf37bc836.jpg

Yep,

my off register book is similar reds.

I do still wonder if many of these color differences on Fiction House books are how it was printed. As in change of ink rather than fading color. Sometimes one color is vastly different from another, but the blue on each will be the same. Is it a recognized fact that some colors fade more easily than others?

The oranges used on these are notorious for variations.

Planet 54 is another that uses this Orange. My 8.0 I bought from Cheetah is very vibrant orange, but I have seen copies of that book where the orange is starting to look yellow.

I think if I fall and hit my head, I might be able to see what it was supposed to look like,

:insane:

No love for my funky book :(

It isn't that. We all love it.

(thumbs u

It looks normal to me. What does that say? lol