• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

PlanetComics15_zpsc3a0d963.jpg

I think i have seen that book before

Funny, I was thinking the very same thing, but cant recall where or when. Pity about the binder holes, but it is what it is. Interestingly to me, there is an interior ad for books that month including #15 itself. If the colors are correct, then "Planet Comics" would have originally been pink rather than red. But all the copies I've ever seen look like this one.

saw these books listed on Ebay a good month or two ago.

Funny, I was thinking the very same thing, but cant recall where or when. Pity about the binder holes, but it is what it is. Interestingly to me, there is an interior ad for books that month including #15 itself. If the colors are correct, then "Planet Comics" would have originally been pink rather than red. But all the copies I've ever seen look like this one.

Main attraction is that the page quality is nice.

Main attraction is that the page quality is nice.

Page quality has a lot to do with why I bought my copy of 15, offwhite pages.

These look like great copies. Curious did you buy the entire lot that was available or just the 14 / 15?

These look like great copies. Curious did you buy the entire lot that was available or just the 14 / 15?

Just the #14 and #15. Presumably the whole set didn't sell and they broke it up? I didn't make the connection until you pointed it out. Couldn't find that original listing.

They do flatter to deceive though. The #14 has a spine split to the top staple. The #15 has had the covers reattached with four hand tipped paper tabs on the inside.

But then they wouldn't have been better than good anyway with the punch holes!

They both present exceptionally well though, which is refreshing! The #15 is especially nice in hand.

Still have to decide whether to go for cheetah's and trade this in! :pullhair:

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Just the #14 and #15. Presumably the whole set didn't sell and they broke it up? I didn't make the connection until you pointed it out. Couldn't find that original listing.

They do flatter to deceive though. The #14 has a spine split to the top staple. The #15 has had the covers reattached with four hand tipped paper tabs on the inside.

But then they wouldn't have been better than good anyway with the punch holes!

They both present exceptionally well though, which is refreshing! The #15 is especially nice in hand.

Still have to decide whether to go for cheetah's and trade this in! :pullhair:

Here is the original Ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLANET-COMICS-GOLDEN-AGE-COMPLETE-COLLECTION-No-1-73-collectibles-/261597996416?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ce874a580&nma=true&si=XeaJ8diZEsk8hf8uAGQ91hJTCLQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_2989wt_923

I think that most people "wish" the cover was red rather than the actual fiction house orange. I think it was planned to be orange. Here is the back of my Rangers 2. It depicts 15 with orange. Notice the Jungle book above Planet, the fiction house bullseye and Jungle title is a deeper orange than the planet and the Rangers. The inks would have been set for the same hue, therefore if the jungle bullseye is reddish then the planet should be reddish, but they are two different colors. 2c

a70745a8.jpg

I have also noticed that on several ads that the colors are TOTALLY off. Check out the planet on this as (bottom right). This one shows a yellow background while the actual comic is more of a purple wine color.

image_zps7f303f1e.jpg

Lastly, nice pick ups Flex (thumbs u