• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

I'm glad they went to a good home. Better colors on both of them than on my higher graded copies.

Thanks Jeff. I'd always take colors over grade if they are nice enough, as you know, and there are some issues especially where the color is key.

But I may have set myself an impossible challenge - to assemble the entire run with colors that 'pop'. doh!

Possibly a lifetime's work, and I'm no spring chicken! (Don't say it Billy!)

Still, I'm sure I'll have fun trying.

I'm glad they went to a good home. Better colors on both of them than on my higher graded copies.

Thanks Jeff. I'd always take colors over grade if they are nice enough, as you know, and there are some issues especially where the color is key.

But I may have set myself an impossible challenge - to assemble the entire run with colors that 'pop'. doh!

...... I have a solution..... move to Shangri-La were lifespans are greatly extended.... with your laptop. Have the books flown in via FedEx...... problem solved (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... I have a solution..... move to Shangri-La were lifespans are greatly extended.... with your laptop. Have the books flown in via FedEx...... problem solved (shrug) GOD BLESS....

:idea: I'm already there! Thank you O Wise One!

Flex's plans include being frozen into an iceberg, to be worshipped by some Eskimos, and to be periodically thawed by some mysterious, as yet to be determined, supergroup, as high color issues of Planets surface. Exact details remain to be worked out, but the basic plan has been proven before.

Flex's plans include being frozen into an iceberg, to be worshipped by some Eskimos, and to be periodically thawed by some mysterious, as yet to be determined, supergroup, as high color issues of Planets surface. Exact details remain to be worked out, but the basic plan has been proven before.

Captain Planet Comicerica?

Curse you Black Walter, how did you know. lol

Captain Planet Comicerica?

Get your hands off me Agent Planet Carter! I'm spoken for!

I got my Fiction House in the mail this week. It's cool, but I can't say I'm as big a fan as I thought I might be. What do you guys think of the book?

It's amazing that in all these years, no one wrote something in the blank white emblem on his chest.

16510719131_0011231a2e_b.jpg

I got my Fiction House in the mail this week. It's cool, but I can't say I'm as big a fan as I thought I might be. What do you guys think of the book?

It's amazing that in all these years, no one wrote something in the blank white emblem on his chest.

16510719131_0011231a2e_b.jpg

It's a great action cover from Zolnerowich. Great detail and over the top - I like it but then I'm an FH fan, especially this title and Rangers. All the early covers are good.

What period is "early"?

Did Zolnerowich do a lot of covers?

Yup, he did his fair share of covers. My fave cover artist @ Fiction House.

Though not complete surely, here's what I could pull up quickly from the GCD.

Zolne did covers for the following titles within this issue range

Fight # 3 - 27 (1940 - 1943)

Jumbo # 9 - 51 (1939 - 1943)

Jungle # 10 - 42 (1940 - 1943)

Planet # 10 - 25 (1941 - 1943)

Rangers # 1 - 11 (1941 - 1943)

Sheena # 1 - 3 (1942 - 1943)

Wings # 10 - 23 (1941 - 1942)

so probably over 100 early '40's FH covers.

What period is "early"?

Did Zolnerowich do a lot of covers?

Yup, he did his fair share of covers. My fave cover artist @ Fiction House.

Though not complete surely, here's what I could pull up quickly from the GCD.

Zolne did covers for the following titles within this issue range

Fight # 3 - 27 (1940 - 1943)

Jumbo # 9 - 51 (1939 - 1943)

Jungle # 10 - 42 (1940 - 1943)

Planet # 10 - 25 (1941 - 1943)

Rangers # 1 - 11 (1941 - 1943)

Sheena # 1 - 3 (1942 - 1943)

Wings # 10 - 23 (1941 - 1942)

so probably over 100 early '40's FH covers.

I love his Planet Comics stuff. 10-25 is my favorite part of the run.

Btw, Zolne was born in 1915 so by 1943 he was 28. Probably was enlisted / called circa that time. He died in 1995 in New Jersey.

Check out this page about the Pratt graduates where I found the info above. There's a photo of Zolne -

http://alphabettenthletter.blogspot.com/2013/06/school-days-pratt-institute-and-golden.html

Just picked this up in a small stack of books.... and I'm not used to seeing these as nice as this one..... I almost passed on it because it was very pricey, but the cover and art inside are just so cool.... GOD BLESS...

FIGHT%20200002.jpg