• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Are these rare or scarce? How many issues in the Canada run? I have #3 and maybe #4

Thanks to our own board member Porcupine for locating the Canadian Planet Comics #4 to complete my set of 4. The number 2 is a place holder that is in beat condition, but I can say I have all 4 now. Very tough to locate these, thanks again Jimmer

PlanetComicsCanadianEditionsgroup_zps9a83ba00.jpg

Are these rare or scarce? How many issues in the Canada run? I have #3 and maybe #4

Thanks to our own board member Porcupine for locating the Canadian Planet Comics #4 to complete my set of 4. The number 2 is a place holder that is in beat condition, but I can say I have all 4 now. Very tough to locate these, thanks again Jimmer

PlanetComicsCanadianEditionsgroup_zps9a83ba00.jpg

Only the 4 books posted in that Canadian printing of Planet Comics. They are much more rare than the American counterparts.

http://www.comics.org/series/26362/

When you look at this cover you usually focus on the Nazi executioner & the girl. I always thought the Nazis in the background were just surrendering with there arms in the air.

BUT LOOK CLOSER!!! My God there's body parts flying all over the place!

Close up

get-attachment-1aspx_zps4921a3af.jpeg

Even closer

get-attachment-2aspx_zpse17fbfc3.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

There are some Australian editions coming up for auction in January that I will own in a just world. :sumo:

Since I've paid MCS for these, hopefully they won't mind me using their auction scans until they arrive. :banana:

Oz_planet_3_zps0460849b.jpg

Oz_planet_4_zpsc88c83a4.jpg

Oz_planet_5_zps6b6a486f.jpg

When you look at this cover you usually focus on the Nazi executioner & the girl. I always thought the Nazis in the background were just surrendering with there arms in the air.

BUT LOOK CLOSER!!! My God there's body parts flying all over the place!

Close up

get-attachment-1aspx_zps4921a3af.jpeg

Even closer

get-attachment-2aspx_zpse17fbfc3.jpeg

I Swear, I've looked at that cover MANY times over the years, as a potential FH purchase if/ when I decided on a group of books to chase, and I NEVER noticed that before!! Wow. It's always the small details."....

I sold my low grade copy of this last year and immediately regretted it.

So I picked up this one.

Nice looking copy.

get-attachmentaspx_zps51b47441.jpeg

Beautiful copy, it's been on my wantlist for quite a while.

Nice pick up . :applause:

There are some Australian editions coming up for auction in January that I will own in a just world. :sumo:

Since I've paid MCS for these, hopefully they won't mind me using their auction scans until they arrive. :banana:

Oz_planet_3_zps0460849b.jpg

Oz_planet_4_zpsc88c83a4.jpg

Oz_planet_5_zps6b6a486f.jpg

Grats!

I need one of those for my own Australian run, and it was extremely tempting to bid for the book I need but I would consider that bad form since I had no idea the books were available until you posted about it.

Sure look in nice shape!

So I picked up this one.

Nice looking copy.

Not only the details on the exploding germans, but also a very faithful representation of the Mont Saint Michel in the background. Compare the cover to this photo with about the same perspective -

mont-st-michel-2_4dcfe8373c9ed-600x400.jpg

So I picked up this one.

Nice looking copy.

Not only the details on the exploding germans, but also a very faithful representation of the Mont Saint Michel in the background. Compare the cover to this photo with about the same perspective -

mont-st-michel-2_4dcfe8373c9ed-600x400.jpg

Wow, that's fantastic! Thanks for posting that. I love this kind of historical information.

Inching closer to completing the run.

PlanetComics48CGC90jpg_zps504cf026.jpg

PlanetComics56CGC75_zps31bacfe3.jpg

awesome books, I love 56 as well. 48 never really grabbed me as a cover until I obtained my double cover book and it is a favorite in my run because of the double cover.

How many more you need?

Inching closer to completing the run.

PlanetComics48CGC90jpg_zps504cf026.jpg

PlanetComics56CGC75_zps31bacfe3.jpg

awesome books, I love 56 as well. 48 never really grabbed me as a cover until I obtained my double cover book and it is a favorite in my run because of the double cover.

How many more you need?

I still need I think 30 issues. But at least half of those are easy - and let's face it, a few are not so great. (I'd rather leave those for last.)

I only need a handful of the rivet run, and I've finished the end of run barring one upgrade. It's mostly the middle needs filling.