• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

A wonderful string of Rangers covers!

What I love about Rangers Comics is the Werewolf Hunter storyline as drawn by Lily Renee. I think these stories are definitely worth the price of admission.

Here is Lily Renee's original splash page from Rangers 34, with a reproduction of that splash page in the upper right and the actual cover (and comic) of this issue in the lower right. All in one happy frame.

rangers34_300dpi_ht7_q8_zpsp8twfo0g.jpg

Beautiful page of art.

Two of the tougher Planets are 8 and 10, so of those two which one do you think is harder to find (in condition)?

100_1143.jpg

02aae18c-6dd0-4564-b690-73871f8c129e_zpsk8benrfq.jpg

definitely 10

10 for sure. Below is my 10.

147a2ed0.jpg

In collecting Planets for about 10 years, I have had the opportunity to purchase #8 in 7.0 or higher 5 or 6 times. The 10 I have is the only one above 7.0 that I have found. For clarity, I did find one other 10 in 8.0, but I did not buy since I thought it wasn't real. Turns out earlier version of one of the 8's on the cgc census showed on the cgc label 'small amount of glue on cover' in the scan, but scan sent to me by seller did not have this. I didn't believe seller was "real" so I passed. Later talked to cgc and they confirmed that owner sent that book back in, glue was removed before submitting and therefore did not display on new label with same cert #. I digress...

10 is tough

Two of the tougher Planets are 8 and 10, so of those two which one do you think is harder to find (in condition)?

100_1143.jpg

definitely 10

In collecting Planets for about 10 years, I have had the opportunity to purchase #8 in 7.0 or higher 5 or 6 times. The 10 I have is the only one above 7.0 that I have found. For clarity, I did find one other 10 in 8.0, but I did not buy since I thought it wasn't real. Turns out earlier version of one of the 8's on the cgc census showed on the cgc label 'small amount of glue on cover' in the scan, but scan sent to me by seller did not have this. I didn't believe seller was "real" so I passed. Later talked to cgc and they confirmed that owner sent that book back in, glue was removed before submitting and therefore did not display on new label with same cert #. I digress...

10 is tough

147a2ed0.jpg

Here are the two scans, just for fun.....

image_zps0aohjvvf.jpeg

image_zpsp0d7bfbu.jpeg

Edited by kelholt

100_1143.jpg

definitely 10

10 is tough

147a2ed0.jpg

image_zps0aohjvvf.jpeg

image_zpsp0d7bfbu.jpeg

your 10 is wonderful, deep colors!

100_1143.jpg

definitely 10

10 is tough

147a2ed0.jpg

image_zps0aohjvvf.jpeg

image_zpsp0d7bfbu.jpeg

your 10 is wonderful, deep colors!

The #10 Kelly refers to is mine.

PlanetComics1080NicolasCage.jpg

Like Kelly I've had several copies of #8, upgrading each time. Still not as sharp as Steve's!

PlanetComics8CGC80_zps0344639a.jpeg

But going back a decade it was thought to be one of the scarcer issues between #1 and #10.

...so today, leading on from Steve's interesting question, how would you guys rank issues #1 to #10 from rarest to most common?

Well, I'll throw myself out there...

1. Planet 1 (most common, relatively speaking)

2. Planet 4

3. Planet 3

4. Planet 2

5. Planet 9

6. Planet 8

7. Planet 10

8. Planet 7

9. Planet 5

10. Planet 6 (rarest)

...so today, leading on from Steve's interesting question, how would you guys rank issues #1 to #10 from rarest to most common?

2. Planet 4

3. Planet 3

4. Planet 2

5. Planet 9

6. Planet 8

7. Planet 10

8. Planet 7

9. Planet 5

10. Planet 6 (rarest)

My list:

2. Planet 3

3. Planet 4

4. Planet 9

5. Planet 8

6. Planet 7

7. Planet 2

8. Planet 10

9. Planet 6

10. Planet 5 (rarest)

2. Planet 4

3. Planet 3

4. Planet 2

5. Planet 9

6. Planet 8

7. Planet 10

8. Planet 7

9. Planet 5

10. Planet 6 (rarest)

My list:

2. Planet 3

3. Planet 4

4. Planet 9

5. Planet 8

6. Planet 7

7. Planet 2

8. Planet 10

9. Planet 6

10. Planet 5 (rarest)

Here is my opinion on the list

1. Planet 1 most common

2. Planet 3

3. Planet 4

4. Planet 7

5. Planet 6

6. Planet 5

7. Planet 9

8. Planet 8

9. Planet 10

10. Planet 2 Tough to find

These are based on my impression and my experiences searching for these books.