• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Beautiful colors on that one Grantley but where's the rest of it? Looks like you just bought a cover.

How do you mean?

There is a strong contingency of detectives on these here boards, Mr. Goddard. They have never seen a case they can't crack :roflmao:

NO disrespect meant towards anyone. I am Switzerland on the topic. (shrug)

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Beautiful colors on that one Grantley but where's the rest of it? Looks like you just bought a cover.

How do you mean?

There is a strong contingency of detectives on these here boards, Mr. Goddard. They have never seen a case they can't crack :roflmao:

lol

I still have no idea what's going on :screwy:

If you mean I should crack it out (which I normally would do) I'm not doing this with graded Planets :sumo:

New direction :gossip:

How do you mean?

lol

I still have no idea what's going on :screwy:

If you mean I should crack it out (which I normally would do) I'm not doing this with graded Planets :sumo:

New direction :gossip:

I read my comics digitally online for free (such as comicbookplus). My comics stay safe in their bags and I still get to enjoy the stories. ;)

My new fight...

image_zps5riszna7.jpeg

I am excited about the book, looks great in hand. Coloring is great. I have to say I am disappointed in the new new case. This one is the new case with an inner well and the Newton rings are plentiful. You can easily see some in my picture. Look at the "blotches" of what looks like a discoloration in the lower part of H in fight and to the right of S in comics. Also prevalent in picture on her left knee, spots in her dress, and left elbow to name a few others. The book in hand looks way better than any picture because of these rings. Oddly enough, not one issue on the back cover, not even a hint. Is there anything I can do about this ?

My new fight...

image_zps5riszna7.jpeg

I am excited about the book, looks great in hand. Coloring is great. I have to say I am disappointed in the new new case. This one is the new case with an inner well and the Newton rings are plentiful. You can easily see some in my picture. Look at the "blotches" of what looks like a discoloration in the lower part of H in fight and to the right of S in comics. Also prevalent in picture on her left knee, spots in her dress, and left elbow to name a few others. The book in hand looks way better than any picture because of these rings. Oddly enough, not one issue on the back cover, not even a hint. Is there anything I can do about this ?

Beautiful Book! Love those Fights.

Don't you think CGC should offer a half price service where they just send you a label and send you the book back with the label in the mylar you sent? The only reason I send books there is to have "verification it is the grade I am saying it is" and to check for restoration. I would prefer it not be sent back encased. I get why they do it though- because it could be graded and then damaged later (or switched out with another book by the unscrupulous). They could have a front and back cover scan on a larger label so when you sell it you are able to prove to the buyer they are buying the same book in the same condition as when it was graded. Just a thought hm

My new fight...

image_zps5riszna7.jpeg

Beautiful Book! Love those Fights.

Don't you think CGC should offer a half price service where they just send you a label and send you the book back with the label in the mylar you sent? The only reason I send books there is to have "verification it is the grade I am saying it is" and to check for restoration. I would prefer it not be sent back encased. I get why they do it though- because it could be graded and then damaged later (or switched out with another book by the unscrupulous). They could have a front and back cover scan on a larger label so when you sell it you are able to prove to the buyer they are buying the same book in the same condition as when it was graded. Just a thought hm

Interesting idea.

If there was a way to stop fraudulent practice from the unscrupulous (which I don't think there is), I would much prefer a label without the case. Don't think it will happen though, not from CGC anyway. With all these copycat companies springing up all over the place...who knows?

My new fight...

image_zps5riszna7.jpeg

Kelly, beautiful book!!

What you can do about it is crack it out and imbibe its essence!

My new fight...

image_zps5riszna7.jpeg

Kelly, beautiful book!!

What you can do about it is crack it out and imbibe its essence!

hm you do have a good point there....

I guess you would need to think about why you got it in the first place. If you got it strictly for the cover, if it is super high grade or you want to retain a pedigree I would leave it alone. A book like this can usually be found fairly easy in lower grade if you want to read it. There is of course nothing like thumbing through a vintage comic and even if in high grade, you can maintain the grade if you are very careful.

I guess you would need to think about why you got it in the first place. If you got it strictly for the cover, if it is super high grade or you want to retain a pedigree I would leave it alone. A book like this can usually be found fairly easy in lower grade if you want to read it. There is of course nothing like thumbing through a vintage comic and even if in high grade, you can maintain the grade if you are very careful.

I've got a nice VG with decent colors for sale in my thread right now :hi: