• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Flex, you are truly one of the wise men on the Fiction council. That link to the Twilight Zone and Star Trek is brilliant!

Mirror Mirror is one of my all time favorite Trek episodes. :cloud9:

3 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

It is, isnt it? Apparently it was a house name (no surprise!), and one of the strip's writers was sci fi author Jerome Bixby, who later wrote scripts for the Twilight Zone and Star Trek(including Mirror Mirror, about a dark alternate universe that has remained a Trek trope to this day.)

And the artist was the great Rudy Palais...

PC21-36.jpg

Thanks for the info and story sharing Michael, so cool! :) 

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Been looking for this for a while. Dug it out of one of Brian Peet’s boxes at WonderCon. Color isn’t quite up to my standards but I can live with it for now.

63AD3321-AA74-4915-A714-C62DB47E5205.jpeg

One of my favorites even though the GGA is subtle.  Also, I will pretty much take any chance I can to post this book   

F0F08AD2-9F9D-4328-86A0-B305D48B859C.jpeg

16 hours ago, telerites said:

Had a lot of FH in my last submission.  Won't post them all but wanted to throw this one up since it was a ped

fight comics #38 rockford.jpg

Great copy! I haven't really taken notice of this book before. But now that I do:

Swipe!?! And not just any swipe. A swipe of a classic!

It's not perfect of course, but the parts are all there:

• a leading man (looking right rather than left) oblivious to the danger lurking in the upper right section of the scene
  • his poise and steady, unruffled expression
  • his head wrap (khaki aviator helmet rather than green mask)
  • his gun blasting at something out of view, and not at the imminent threat
  • the aforementioned danger, involving a baddie with a bladed weapon 
  • a blonde lady hoisted on the leading man's shoulder (head up rather than head down) (ropes around feet rather than hands) (awake rather than comatose)

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but plausible. Or maybe I just got MM3 on the brain! :insane:

mys5.297a_crop.png.f267ad4e6fb45109531fd9b77b8fdab9.png

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Great copy! I haven't really taken notice of this book before. But now that I do:

Swipe!?! And not just any swipe. A swipe of a classic!

It's not perfect of course, but the parts are all there:

• a leading man (looking right rather than left) oblivious to the danger lurking in the upper right section of the scene
  • his poise and steady, unruffled expression
  • his head wrap (khaki aviator helmet rather than green mask)
  • his gun blasting at something out of view, and not at the imminent threat
  • the aforementioned danger, involving a baddie with a bladed weapon 
  • a blonde lady hoisted on the leading man's shoulder (head up rather than head down) (ropes around feet rather than hands) (awake rather than comatose)

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but plausible. Or maybe I just got MM3 on the brain! :insane:

Not sure but fixating and/or swiping the great Lou Fine is never a bad thing.  :D  And your MM3 :applause: