• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Thanks. That one has very bright colors. I have a few with very bright colors, But most of my Fiction House books do appear faded.

Anyone know the story on that??

The first year and last couple years of FH have nice colors. Everything published in between was printed as cheaply as possible and it's real crapshoot as to whether there was enough pigment in the ink.

Your comment is spot on. 2c

I read somewhere that Fiction House kept on printing several of their comic covers even when some of the inks had run out, which is why certain covers look severely faded compared to other copies of the same issue.

S7303358-1.jpg

Nice Fight!! :applause:

We were talking about Fiction House colors. Here's my copy showing red. It's maddening how much variation there is for these books. Plus, IIRC, mine was manufactured without staples :insane: -

98752.jpg.2b0f80a44e03bfb0f0b6c8e73f49e60a.jpg

Received this disappointing copy of Fight 65 off eBay. It's a tough book with # 71 to find with nice white on the cover. The white on the copy are above average for the copies I've seen but the tearing at the staples is worse than I'd hoped for. Oh well. At least, I've now Senorita Rio from # 35 to # 70 with no holes.

Senorita Rio looks great in her 47th appearance, the splash and story are Spirit-inspired here.

98753.jpg.e00667a86038434853eb99e02cffcc5c.jpg

98754.jpg.656437b7880bc22b3e8855d6a8b2da0a.jpg

At least, I've now Senorita Rio from # 35 to # 70 with no holes.

Congratulations! :applause:

Thanks for sharing that splash. It's definitely Eisnerish in its conception, though Crandallish in its execution.

Thanks for sharing that splash. It's definitely Eisnerish in its conception, though Crandallish in its execution.

Thanks AS. I have 48 of her 52 appearances ... but 3 of the last 4 are going to be tough getting or even finding.

Re: The art on the splash. The GCD has a note citing that this used to be attributed to Grandenetti (no doubt as it is reminiscent of his work on Dr. Drew over in Ghost and other places) but indexers are not agreeing. Crandallish is a nice way to put it. I thought more along the line of Druckerish as I thought of Mademoiselle Marie ... maybe it's the raspberry beret that's throwing me off here.

Wait a second, I just read that it was Grandenetti who created Mademoiselle Marie with Kanigher. Maybe ... maybe ... Grandenetti did this Rio and then re-chanelled that when he did Mademoiselle Marie. That would be intriguing.

Thanks AS. I have 48 of her 52 appearances ... but 3 of the last 4 are going to be tough getting or even finding.

Re: The art on the splash. The GCD has a note citing that this used to be attributed to Grandenetti (no doubt as it is reminiscent of his work on Dr. Drew over in Ghost and other places) but indexers are not agreeing. Crandallish is a nice way to put it. I thought more along the line of Druckerish as I thought of Mademoiselle Marie ... maybe it's the raspberry beret that's throwing me off here.

Which 4 are you looking for?

I love that splash. Now I want to fill in Fights from 50-86.

Which 4 are you looking for?

I love that splash. Now I want to fill in Fights from 50-86.

The usual suspects of course: 30 (tree bondage), 31 (decapitation) and 34 (big gun bondage) and 71 (as I am waiting for a white cover copy).

If you cross your eyes and squint it's just like in 3D.

The one on the left makes me want to covet. Great color.

I crossed my eyes and squinted, and this is what I saw:

S7303353.jpg

:roflmao:

What a lovely pose! :applause:

Jumbo9090.jpg