• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NES Classic

125 posts in this topic

Altered Beast. Splatterhouse. Golden Axe. ToeJam & Earl.

:cloud9:

Altered Beast & Golden Axe :cloud9:

+2 love those games. I used to play them often in the arcades and at home with my step-brother's Sega Genesis. Would also put Shinobi into the mix.

Altered Beast and Golden Axe were the first Genesis games I played on my friend's console, but Phantasy Star II was the one that put me over the top and make me ask for one for Christmas. Still love that game.

+1 and revenge of shinobi

You guys know you can have a Wii, psp, and other devices modded to get just about every NES, gba, game boy, most 64 games, and more. Hell I have a Wii that has everything and burns any Wii game I find. My psp plays all those and Sega genesis and game gear titles too.

This. In a world of mods and emulators, it seems crazy that people are paying so much for these. I'd pick one up at retail because I think they're cute and would look cool on the shelf, but as for playing, I'll stick with my modded X-Box. One of my friends has Everdrive versions of all of the classic consoles, and those are amazing, as you can load thousands of games onto a memory stick and then play the games through the original hardware. It's a good time to be a gamer!

I play any NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega game I want on my Wii.

I had an Atari Flashback and it was terrible. Managed to sell it and decided emulated is the only way to go.

+2 love those games. I used to play them often in the arcades and at home with my step-brother's Sega Genesis. Would also put Shinobi into the mix.

Altered Beast and Golden Axe were the first Genesis games I played on my friend's console, but Phantasy Star II was the one that put me over the top and make me ask for one for Christmas. Still love that game.

+1 and revenge of shinobi

Never played it. Ugh, wish I did!?! I would do anything to go back in time and relive those times

Totally Shinobi - that game rocked :headbang:

If I could load up more ROMs configure it to my liking, I'd pay market price for the unit, but for 30 games? I'll pass and keep playing the games on my Wii U PC.

Jerome

Um you can load up more ROMs. I have 90 on mine...

You guys know you can have a Wii, psp, and other devices modded to get just about every NES, gba, game boy, most 64 games, and more. Hell I have a Wii that has everything and burns any Wii game I find. My psp plays all those and Sega genesis and game gear titles too.

This. In a world of mods and emulators, it seems crazy that people are paying so much for these. I'd pick one up at retail because I think they're cute and would look cool on the shelf, but as for playing, I'll stick with my modded X-Box. One of my friends has Everdrive versions of all of the classic consoles, and those are amazing, as you can load thousands of games onto a memory stick and then play the games through the original hardware. It's a good time to be a gamer!

I want it for the upscaling. Everdrives are nice, but it doesn't solve the problem of NES and SNES games looking awful on modern TVs. I could buy a CRTV, but I don't want an enormous 150 pound brick in my house. I tried a Retron 5, but it was a piece of garbage. Totally broken right out of the box. I should just break down and get a framemeister I guess.

Good point. My buddy and I have been scavenging for great CRT's, mostly Sony Trinitron Wega's. You can get them for literally nothing these days, and the games look amazing on them.

lol

You can say that again. I had a great 27" WEGA with stand that was in perfect condition taking up space, disconnected, for years before finally swallowing the pill of actually *paying* a $25 recycling fee to get rid of it a few months ago. It's tough to go back from HDTV. Even watching old 4:3 TV shows on a streaming service feels like a struggle.

If I could load up more ROMs configure it to my liking, I'd pay market price for the unit, but for 30 games? I'll pass and keep playing the games on my Wii U PC.

Jerome

Just mod an old ps3. Then load it with with mame,nes,snes, genesis, etc. best way to go. Ps3s can handle a 500 gig drive. lol

Jerome

Just mod an old ps3. Then load it with with mame,nes,snes, genesis, etc. best way to go. Ps3s can handle a 500 gig drive. lol

Better hope you have a newer PS3, ever try modding a NAND? Yeah, forget it lol

Will only buy one at retail price. Why do these companies release a minuscule amount of product? I have an nes and snes. Good enough for me

Slow supply and high demand around the holidays has been Nintendo's business model for years. The first wii was going for crazy prices. Create hype, allocate product, and they sell out everywhere.

I was dissapointed that when you turn it on there was not a way to go online and purchase more games or a game list of others etc I love the games they have it brought back memories but still give me more. Makes me think they'll have another one in the future with different games idk