• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw ASM 11 9.6 (?) plus other nice books on eBay from new seller - legit?

74 posts in this topic

My buddy requested pics of interior page to see if he actually had books in hand-said he would but never did....

Has anyone contacted this person? Have they given you a name or an alias yet?

His name is probably "Roy". lol I knew this was your fault, Roy.

:acclaim:

But seriously, I'm trying to determine what name/alias he is using in his replies and if it's the same person I dealt with nearly 3 years ago.

Tell us what happened in Oregon

Right Kav. And even if he wasn't a new seller the buyer is still protected. I don't really think this is a scam seller, but honestly I'm a bit confused as to how exactly a seller would ever make any money from books he doesn't have. As long as the buyer uses Paypal, they will ALWAYS get their money back eventually...even if the seller uses the box stuffed with newspapers sham. Do sellers perhaps not realize that they will never be able to keep any money if they don't deliver the books?? I just don't get it... (shrug)

Either they are new at scamming and they dont realize they wont get the money or they are using ebay just to seed things for a deal outside ebay.