• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:39 PM, october said:

I just need to stop selling at auction. For every nice surprise there are five results that range from mediocre to just plain bad.

In the interest of being fair and balanced, I am very pleased with the result on my Strange Tales 35 sale.

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Honestly felt like I stole this one.  Glad to see it fall through the cracks.  I've seen several lower grade copies on the boards go for more money than this one.

RADDB073201727_145243.jpg

Sometimes books fall thru the crack and we luck out but a great book you got:headbang:

7 hours ago, Brian48 said:

My only pick up tonight.  Really surprised there's practically zero interest in this title compared to others.  

image.jpeg

All books come in cycles some hot and some cold but classics always win !

On February 28, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

I thought the ASM books realized some strong prices.  I was surprised and for a fleeting moment thought about selling off a few more undercopies. 

I was surprised at ASM 51 and 52 as well as ASM Annual 1/Strange Tales annual 2....all beat GPA considerably.

I got smoked on my bids.

25 minutes ago, Bfairb1 said:

I was surprised at ASM 51 and 52 as well as ASM Annual 1/Strange Tales annual 2....all beat GPA considerably.

I got smoked on my bids.

That new pedigreed copy of the ST Annual #2 was incredible looking.  Not sure what it closed at, but I know I saw it close to 15k, which seemed really high.

41 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

That new pedigreed copy of the ST Annual #2 was incredible looking.  Not sure what it closed at, but I know I saw it close to 15k, which seemed really high.

I just looked since I thought it was an incredibly nice looking book as well.  Hammer price was $20,600!  An incredible price for an incredible book...:whatthe:

All the Adams Bat books did really well.  I was looking for upgrades and all of them went for far more than what I thought the  upgrade was worth.  They've been on the rise the last few auctions, but I was hoping some of the hype had died down since we're all long past the BvS movie.

2 hours ago, Drummy said:

Hey all --

Excellent pick-ups here...love the eclectic quality of people's tastes.  

My tastes still run to white-paged Marvel SA keys, so here was my one win from the auction:

58b9df097eb88_StrangeTales110.thumb.jpg.05d2432e5aada5d18a6045d89f36cc15.jpg

Your such a sucker for a well wrapped book :applause:

On 1/12/2017 at 11:53 AM, 1Cool said:

My odds of getting a steal drastically go up if I snipe compared to set it and forget it. With the format in place there is really no reason to show your hand so to speak before the last second.

Your comment made me realize the "getting a steal" is most likely because you are deciding at the very last second what you think is a good price or a bad price.  I never snipe an auction when it is already too high, so I am never at risk to over-spend.  If you bid your maximum the first day it opens, you are at the mercy of everyone bidding after you.

Edited by 90sChild