• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Sorry if this has been answered...but does CL charge the buyer a fee should they win? Are there any other costs above the winning bid?

Or just the seller??

If you pay with a credit card, you get hit with an additional 3% fee.  If you pay with a check, there's no fee.

Bid on about 50 books, a record for me, but the snipers won out tonight.  I had what i thought was a pretty aggressive bid on some of them too.  Anyway, my only win tonight.  An upgrade from my 9.2 Twin Cities pedigree.

RADBC0062017222_17132.jpg

Some of the books I was looking at finished at CRAZY prices -- $5300 for a Journey Into Mystery #103 in 9.0 wp?  $800 for an Iron Man #33 in 9.8?

Admittedly, both can be tough in grade but those prices feel nosebleed-like -- I've won nothing thus far, obviously.  How are others faring?

Dan

This is actually good to hear since I thought it would be a blood bath with it occurring so soon after the last auction.  Some people were discussing a slow down in e-bay sales but it appears the high grade Comic Link buyers are still out in force.

3 hours ago, Drummy said:

Some of the books I was looking at finished at CRAZY prices -- $5300 for a Journey Into Mystery #103 in 9.0 wp?  $800 for an Iron Man #33 in 9.8?

Admittedly, both can be tough in grade but those prices feel nosebleed-like -- I've won nothing thus far, obviously.  How are others faring?

Dan

I've won a handful of books, including two nice keys at decent prices.  Certainly seems like a lot of strong bids out there.  It is tax season, so perhaps a few of those crazy bids are fueled by "Bonus Bucks".  

11 minutes ago, Drummy said:

George, what did you pick up if you don't mind sharing?  Congrats!

Dan

Hey Dan.  The only notable books so far were the Avengers 55 9.6 and Hero for Hire # 1 9.0/White...thought I did okay on both.  

10 hours ago, Drummy said:

Admittedly, both can be tough in grade but those prices feel nosebleed-like --

Not sure why you think these prices feel like nosebleed in terms of the Iron Man issue?  (shrug)

After all, only $800 pewny little dollars for an Iron Man 33 in 9.8 condition is peanuts compared to what this Iron Man 30 in the same 9.8 condition went for:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=689571&title=IRONMAN

Now, that's what I call not only a nosebleed price, but more like a brain bursting price.  :flipbait:   :screwy:  lol

28 minutes ago, Lego said:
36 minutes ago, greggy said:

RADD04B1201723_111323.jpg

I thought you weren't allowed within 500 yards of books like that?  :gossip:

:roflmao:

This book has been special to me for a long long time.  Kinda nice to land a beautiful copy like this one.  Now I have a reader copy.... and a slabbed copy :cloud9:

Christmas%20Parade%207_zpsenjveqwk.jpg