• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need advice
1 1

153 posts in this topic

I am not trying to do anything to them. The AF 15 has a very small chip from one corner that had fallen off. I still have the chip in yet another small envelope. Again. I don't plan to handle them until the bags and boards come.

But today just makes this all seem more unreal. I knew there was stuff missing. It seemed too unlikely that the collection would have fit perfectly in these two boxes. So, after all these years I went looking in the loft of the old part of the house (1792) and after about an hour, there came out another box, just the same size as the first two. It said "Comics" in small letters. I probably packed it in New Mexico in 1975. I never actually got down the stairs. I just sat there being frozen at 48 degrees and started in on the box. It confirmed my memories. It coughed up spidey 38-125 or so plus a bunch of multiples. I still have to collate them, all in exceptional condition. There were all my missing Conan's There's a huge pile of Capt America and the falcon which never did that much for me so they're pretty much unread even once. . My death of Gwen Stacy was one I knew to be special and it went into heavy mylar and stayed there. It's pristine. These's some x men, nothing terribly old but then again, it's all old, Daredevil going back to around # 24. There's more I just haven't accounted for. It's all at the top of the stairs right now. The cat is having a wet dream.

One of the members here is going to post some pictures for me that I'm emailing to him.

This is a lot like going to a baseball game, which I love being a red sox fan from the 1950's and on. When you go to the park, there, you're surrounded by people who absolutely love baseball and they really know the game. They'll tell you Ted Williams average on the last day of the 1939 season. at the drop of the hat. The enthusiasm I have felt is remarkable if you look at the PM's. This is like that. It's really remarkable to pull all this stuff out even though the plan is to sell it. Doors open and they close. Thanks again.

Edited by Glassman10

There's some good key issues in that spiderman run-notably #50. The Caps keys are 100, 109 and 117.

What a beauty :)

(Building up the suspense for the AF 15) haha

20170114_124245_resized_zpskckdwcye.jpg

Very quick look (and tough off only 1 photo) that books is in the 9.0 to maybe 9.4 range. Graded that means it is a $1500 to $2500 book. If the rest look like this, I can not stress enough that a personal tripe to Florida for a meeting with Matt is in order. Getting these dry cleaned and graded, you could be looking at big $$. You do have to remember, you may need to spend a few thousand initially to due this properly, and see full monetary potential.

Edited by drotto

I am not trying to do anything to them. The AF 15 has a very small chip from one corner that had fallen off. I still have the chip in yet another small envelope. Again. I don't plan to handle them until the bags and boards come.

But today just makes this all seem more unreal. I knew there was stuff missing. It seemed too unlikely that the collection would have fit perfectly in these two boxes. So, after all these years I went looking in the loft of the old part of the house (1792) and after about an hour, there came out another box, just the same size as the first two. It said "Comics" in small letters. I probably packed it in New Mexico in 1975. I never actually got down the stairs. I just sat there being frozen at 48 degrees and started in on the box. It confirmed my memories. It coughed up spidey 38-125 or so plus a bunch of multiples. I still have to collate them, all in exceptional condition. There were all my missing Conan's There's a huge pile of Capt America and the falcon which never did that much for me so they're pretty much unread even once. . My death of Gwen Stacy was one I knew to be special and it went into heavy mylar and stayed there. It's pristine. These's some x men, nothing terribly old but then again, it's all old, Daredevil going back to around # 24. There's more I just haven't accounted for. It's all at the top of the stairs right now. The cat is having a wet dream.

One of the members here is going to post some pictures for me that I'm emailing to him.

This is a lot like going to a baseball game, which I love being a red sox fan from the 1950's and on. When you go to the park, there, you're surrounded by people who absolutely love baseball and they really know the game. They'll tell you Ted Williams average on the last day of the 1939 season. at the drop of the hat. The enthusiasm I have felt is remarkable if you look at the PM's. This is like that. It's really remarkable to pull all this stuff out even though the plan is to sell it. Doors open and they close. Thanks again.

Fellow New Englander here,so I know what you are talking about. (thumbs u

we'll indeed see what the grade comes in at. Three people have looked at it close up and read overstreet and they feel it's a lot better than your estimate, but I did expect to be picked apart. . I am going to have it pressed. I appreciate the help I've been given getting the pictures up. I have about 4-500 to shoot.

I have the resources and the luxury of time to do this right. If I get real about the photos, I'll quit using the phone and go to the SLR Canon where we shoot pictures of our glass. This is very down and dirty stuff right now.Dave was great about forwarding these shots, but keep in mind, they're just fast record shots. Each took about fifteen seconds. I'll talk to the folks in Sarasota and fly down with I am guessing about 20-25 books initially.

I have the resources and the luxury of time to do this right. If I get real about the photos, I'll quit using the phone and go to the SLR Canon where we shoot pictures of our glass. This is very down and dirty stuff right now.Dave was great about forwarding these shots, but keep in mind, they're just fast record shots. Each took about fifteen seconds. I'll talk to the folks in Sarasota and fly down with I am guessing about 20-25 books initially.

Best thing you can do at this point. As I said without the book in hand, and based on 1 photo grading is almost impossible. By going down to Sarasota, you are doing the best thing possible. A cheap ticket and piece of mind that the books are safe, is likely worth it. Plus the insurance on shipping that dollar value of books via USPS could shock you.

I had already talked to CGC and they won't take a book like the AF15 except through the front door as a hand carry. Those spidey 129's might have the same reaction. I still love my thor but I've always been stupid that way. Sif is hot.

My learning curve has been enormously steep here given that we've only had the books out for about eight or nine days now but I have a call in to Matt on pressing and cleaning. I joined this group. I joined the analysis subscription board. I have read tons of thread here. It is still so far a cinderella kind of story. I wish I had bought some more number ones when I had the chance. But back then 80 dollars was a month's rent. Seeing what the newsstand one have done is really remarkable.

I've always asked questions when I don't know the answers. I expect to be trolled since it's a tough job but someone has to do it. I'm listening except I don't like the idea of cheap seat on a plane much.

Edited by Glassman10