• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need advice
1 1

153 posts in this topic

I love the advice. It has been genuine from the beginning. I have had one of those iron wheeled critters back in the west. Thanks, Could I have a romance comic instead please? As to the big tread baby. It won't fit in the shed. I need a 40 HP Deere to go with my 33HP which has saved my life for 22 hundred hours with a minor investment in restoration ( 3 grand) I really will plaster the new one with marvel characters. I used to have a ford 600 with painted flames on the body. That was wishful thinking. I gave my share to my neighbor when I left Santa Fe. He still runs it. Mine gets up and plows at 10 below and mows in summer. It's hyperbolic passion!.

We'll see what happens with these comic books. It's been a really fun week.

I was trying to get a used rear end for a dodge Power wagon I owned...

For any four-wheel drive illiterates out there who might benefit from a little enlightenment:

power-wagon.jpg

Those were bad-@ss old trucks! One of my cousins owned one back in the '70s.

Depending on what year yours was, it might be worth as much today as the AF15...

Power Wagons

Your books are very cool, and the story behind them is even better. Thanks for sharing, and best of luck with everything!

At one point, I put the power wagon in low range, first gear and actually got out of the truck and pulled a tree out of the ground by the roots while I watched. . She's long gone now. I loved/hated that thing. To punish myself I now have a 1971 MGB with a racing cam and a five speed trans. Never drive it farther than you're willing to push it. The tractor has better sex appeal in my mind.

Indeed, Tractor. We can get up to 180 inches of snow here a season. ( Do that Math!) I've seen that twice in the last ten years. I sometimes have to plow to get down to my sweetie's horses 1/4 mile just to feed. I don't need snowblowers. This baby in 4WD and chains will climb a tree.

I lied about the sex appeal.

Edited by Glassman10

Press will pobabaly correct the spine roll and any NCB bends/creases but the severity and size of the CB creases alone would bring it down to a 6.0/6.5. I have a few CGC graded SA spideys that look similar without the chip and are at that grade or lower. The chip could bring it down to 5.0/5.5 territory assuming nothing else wrong on the interior or back cover. Stains, fingerprints, detached cover/centerfold, interior tears, water damage, even musty/moldy smells can affect the grade further. Either way the cleaning and resto pros down in sarasota should be able to tell you all you need to know to decide what can be done to maximize value. Keeping it unrestored is preferable. Of course there's always the silver age grade bump that special books like this sometimes get if right on the edge of a grade.

Good luck! :wishluck:

A 5.0 is a pretty solid book here's one for comparison:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-WHITE-TIME-PAY-SUPER-RARE-GEM-COPY-1-EXIST-/351948257940?hash=item51f1c03a94:g:t5UAAOSw241Yawb-

Here's a 4.5 I think his is in better shape cause no chipping so I'm thinking 5.0.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-4-5-1962-Origin-1st-Spider-Man-Movie-D4-121-cm-/282274272216?hash=item41b8db93d8:g:c1UAAOxyaTxTVL48

On reflection I do think a press is warranted for the spine roll.

heres a 7.5:

9j0mkl.jpg

I love the advice. It has been genuine from the beginning. I have had one of those iron wheeled critters back in the west. Thanks, Could I have a romance comic instead please? As to the big tread baby. It won't fit in the shed. I need a 40 HP Deere to go with my 33HP which has saved my life for 22 hundred hours with a minor investment in restoration ( 3 grand) I really will plaster the new one with marvel characters. I used to have a ford 600 with painted flames on the body. That was wishful thinking. I gave my share to my neighbor when I left Santa Fe. He still runs it. Mine gets up and plows at 10 below and mows in summer. It's hyperbolic passion!.

We'll see what happens with these comic books. It's been a really fun week.

Thanks for showing the pictures. They look good after all the years in storage. Love your story how you found them in a school bus, and the employees reading some of them in the john. lol

I know what you are talking about Deere tractors. I had drove my grandpa's at his ranch many years ago. I had towed some bales on trailer. Fun machines, when I was a boy. Now it's all gone with the ranch faded into history.

Looking forward to see how your books fare at CGC and grades.

Seeing a 4.5 to 5 AF 15 materialize, makes me wonder what else is still out there.

Yep. Certainly not "flat as a pancake" but not too bad. The corner creases are killers as is the stain. I don't see a chip missing (unless it's very tiny). 4.5 is probably right.

Actually, it's not a stain but it is something and it's on the surface, not in it. I do want it cleaned. I will rely on whoever winds up in the cleaning of it. The back is just fine. I'll try to shoot another few pic of it today if the backer boards and bags come. Otherwise, I don't want it out of the bag again until Sarasota.The current photo is simply terrible and looks like those news stand shots of celebrities without their makeup. It really does lay flat though.

I did happily find an origin story reprint when the third box of comics popped up so I can have that in my special Marvel series " Coverless comics from Marvel" It's an extensive group. You can get them with bitcoins only.

What is really remarkable is the spidey 122 I think. The "Death of Gwen Stacy". It went under thick mylar the day it was bought. Never read and flattened quietly for all these years. It is clearly the highest grade book I have, certainly a 9.6, maybe more.I stopped buying books about a year after that with some occasional falls off the wagon.

I wish David Fleiss had made a comic of "Cow and Chicken" if anyone here ever watched that amazing period on Cartoon network in the '90's. It was just pure genius. That, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, COurage the cowardly dog. I loved that stuff with the kids growing up. Chicken's cousin, Boneless Chicken indeed!. I got the cow and chicken complete on DVD about fifteen years ago. I do watch them occasionally. This is an illness.

Edited by Glassman10

Great books. Love the AF 15 in the raw. Notice the color breaking crease on the bottom right corner on the 122, that will prevent it from uber high grade unfortunately. Good luck in Sarasota!!

i just checked Google images as i wondered if it could possibly be part of the art- it isn't. VF+ (but pic is awful blurry, so w/ that caveat), still nice. where's the #121?

I'll put up a pic of the 121 as soon as I have the backing boards which come today. I made a mistake in the last post and really meant the #121 in it.I know the 122 is not as fine. I did have 121 out for 45 seconds this morning and it would do well with a press. The cover has these tiny ripples in the lower right corner and are hard to perceive. They don't show in the mylar at all. On the back cover, there is a tiny gouge near the bottom center, maybe 1/4 inch long and shallow. The pages are very close to snow white. I was disappointed in the tiny gouge. Even with it, It's going to be premium. Nice book.

I'm becoming my own troll.

Edited by Glassman10