• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Least-favorite artist with the greatest presence in your collection?

64 posts in this topic

I will also vote forJRJR and add Chris Bachalo. Both of them have art that strays too far from how the characters should look. And most of it looks a little sloppy.

I like Chris Bachalo's early work, but for me a downwards trajectory pretty much identical to what I described for JR JR.

Noto in my Modern books. It's not that he's a "bad" artist, but that stuff should be used in cafe stories from the Art Deco era, not superheroes.

When I see X-23 or the Spider-Women looking like abstract twig figures...

:o

I'm a huge Noto fan, have been collecting him for years.

:cloud9:

29ft36f.jpg

25jfd46.jpg

I actually like those, man ! Maybe his X-23 and Spider-Women work was hurried...

Noto in my Modern books. It's not that he's a "bad" artist, but that stuff should be used in cafe stories from the Art Deco era, not superheroes.

When I see X-23 or the Spider-Women looking like abstract twig figures...

:o

I'm a huge Noto fan, have been collecting him for years.

:cloud9:

29ft36f.jpg

25jfd46.jpg

I actually like those, man ! Maybe his X-23 and Spider-Women work was hurried...

I actually do think sometimes his interiors are a little slapdash, but I still really dig it.