• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys are honest sellers.

173 posts in this topic

(General Post)

Hey guys...remember that Supapimp guy.. He was caught red-handed and was evasive to say the least about his eBay nonsense...

Yup..we had him drawn and quartered and ripped him sumptin' fierce yet he's still around...

I propose we offer the same attitude towards KM...which is..to be watchfull of any further antics while also allowing him to still remain a member of the forum community...

Heck...we all F up...and what I've learned is "The best way out is through" which seems to be the course KM seems to be taking....

JMHO... wink.gif

I agree on this one. This neighborhood is filled with glass houses, so I say KM gets some credit for owning up right away. Some. But next time........well, there shouldn't be a next time. There are more than a couple of high profile vets on these boards that have unquestionably done worse. Everyone deserves a second chance. Even....aw, I ain't going there. foreheadslap.gif

Thanks to everyone who has stuck up for me/given me a second chance. I really appreciate it.

You know. Kids do stupid [#@$%!!!].

I'm not mad at you, Kilt. Having a son a few years older than you, I almost feel sorry for you.

I know at your age, the only way you learn a lesson is to make a mistake.

You can't learn from other people.

Someone tells you "it's hot", you don't believe them until you touch it.

This is the pain of being young.

You hear of people being "Wise, above their years.".

These people actually *listen* to other's experiences and *learn* without having to do it themselves.

Walk the walk, if you talk the talk.

To me, It's not so much that you did it, but the comments you were making while you were still doing it.

I'd have no problem if you did it and fessed up the way you did.

That comment quoted somewhere above is what got under my skin.

Be a man and get yourself together. You need to do some soul searching, IMO.

If you're lucky, someday you'll have a family that depends on you. You'll be wise to grow up before you're in this posistion.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm sure you've heard it thousands of times before.

I'm sure you'll ignore it coming from me just like you've ignored it from everyone else.

There are more than a couple of high profile vets on these boards that have unquestionably done worse.

Actually I can only think of two that still post here regularly...the rest have either gone, post very rarely, or been banned outright...

Jim

I'm not mad at you, Kilt. Having a son a few years older than you, I almost feel sorry for you.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm sure you've heard it thousands of times before.

I'm sure you'll ignore it coming from me just like you've ignored it from everyone else.

Dice......consider it an attempt to keep a kid from going over to the Dark Side. I think Kilt's immaturity showed on this one. But again, next time.....show no mercy!

I know at your age, the only way you learn a lesson is to make a mistake.

You can't learn from other people.

Someone tells you "it's hot", you don't believe them until you touch it.

This is the pain of being young.

You hear of people being "Wise, above their years.".

These people actually *listen* to other's experiences and *learn* without having to do it themselves.

Walk the walk, if you talk the talk.

To me, It's not so much that you did it, but the comments you were making while you were still doing it.

I'd have no problem if you did it and fessed up the way you did.

That comment quoted somewhere above is what got under my skin.

Be a man and get yourself together. You need to do some soul searching, IMO.

If you're lucky, someday you'll have a family that depends on you. You'll be wise to grow up before you're in this posistion.

Thank you for that. You do make sense and i understand what you are saying. I am young and i have alot of growing up to do.

I would just like to add though. I may have admitted that i am a hypocrite for what i said. And this is not aimed at anyone in particular! As RH put it. There are plenty of people in Glass Houses. I doubt i am the only hypocrite on these forums.

I have learned a lesson this past week or so. A helluva big one.

There are plenty of people in Glass Houses. I doubt i am the only hypocrite on these forums.

I'm sure there are other hypocrites here as well. But you're also a thief and probably still would be if you had not been caught.

Are people supposed to feel sorry for a criminal just because he pleads guilty? I don't think so.

Ouch! I thought this thread was going to be a bore! insane.gif893whatthe.gif Sorry guys, my "vigilante" ways have gone into hibernation since I don't have the time to peruse auctions anymore 27_laughing.gif

If you're smart Kilty, you'll listen to the Dice Man! gossip.gif
802685-diceman.JPG

So I had my head up this chick's [#@$%!!!].

And I'm thinkin'...what else are you supposed to do when you're on line at da bank?

acclaim.gif

Kiltman,

I truely hope you learned a big lesson from this whole process. Now that I'm in my early 30's, the one thing I've learned in life is not to make a bad situation worse. Even though I understand that people make mistakes, I'm still kind of glad that the board members are coming down hard on you. I'm sure you hate that feeling just like I would. If you ever come at a crossroad between doing the right thing or not, always remember how bad it feels to be an outcast. Getting caught was probably the best thing that happened you. Otherwise, by the time you saw the error of your ways, you may have already crossed to the dark side (as Red Hook mentioned).

Why don't you put together a set of books you own and ship them to comics-for-kids (sp.). It'll make you feel a little better about yourself.

There are plenty of people in Glass Houses. I doubt i am the only hypocrite on these forums.

I'm sure there are other hypocrites here as well. But you're also a thief and probably still would be if you had not been caught.

Are people supposed to feel sorry for a criminal just because he pleads guilty? I don't think so.

I just read this thread today for the first time.. thinking it was 4 pages of postal discussion. WOW...all this over plates?

OG... I gotta agree with ya.. he himself declared.. If ebay had not caught me i may still be doing this, who knows.

Well I imagine it is safe to assume he would still have done it.. why stop once started if it worked for him?

The fact that he fessed up, and took some lumps is noteworthy.. he coulda just run away.

It does not wipe the slate clean either.

To bring up glass house's is taking the spotlight away from the topic at hand.

That point being KM was shilling honest folks.

But it is a valid point.

If everyone here knew everything about everyone else here. would we still talk to each other?

Who would be left?

I can only speak for myself, and those few here I trust with my family.

But the rest of ya are just names on a screen.

We let Russ hang out here.. many of us had a problem with him.. others said let him stay.. if ya dont like him, then do not buy from him.

Recently FD had a few shill accusations thrown his way.. was that really EVER resolved to everyones liking?

etcc..etcc..

I say if Kilt wants to hang out here... keep taking some lumps..work his way back into the fold, earn peeps respect again... then so be it. He already knows I felt he posted way too much to start with.( just my opinion)

Perhaps he is now a bit humbled?

20 years ago when I was kilts age?...would I have done similar things? I am not sure how I would have handled the internet and Ebay if it was around when I was young.

I know I made mistakes.

And the allure of easy money is a hard mistress to ignore , I am also not that stupid to think there are still many here who smile at everyone while they try and fleece us for an extra buck.

Way o the world..it is what it is.

So Kilt... 893naughty-thumb.gif ya really stepped in it didnt ya? Ya friggen redheaded dumchit 27_laughing.gif

Dont think I will ever let you forget it.. but I also wont hold it over your head every second of the day either.

Ze-

I worked at a pizza place a long time ago. One day I was slicing some ham on one of those big meat slicers. All of a sudden -- BAM!!! -- sparks flew. I pulled the ham off the machine and noticed that I had hit a huge piece of metal that was "made" in the ham. Dunno how it got there but it woudl have sucked if I had bitten down on it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. confused-smiley-013.gif

Recently FD had a few shill accusations thrown his way.. was that really EVER resolved to everyones liking?

etcc..etcc..

As interesting as those accusations were, the fact that people were content to let it die without a whimper spoke volumes. I know I took serious note of that thread and who posted what.

etcc..etcc..

As interesting as those accusations were, the fact that people were content to let it die without a whimper spoke volumes. I know I took serious note of that thread and who posted what.

You're not the only one who noticed... gossip.gif