• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT - CGC Chat Boards Upgrade
6 6

151 posts in this topic

I predict a couple weeks of everyone complaining (me included) about the changes and then everyone will love it. Happens every time.

Thats part of the software lifecycle. Its literally built in to project plans... Hopefully they've done some test cutovers. There's a 50/50 chance we won't be posting jack until that Wednesday.

Edited by comicquant

And waitaminnit...what about our post counts? Those precious, precious post counts!

Everyone is always talking about post counts??? I've never seen a post count anywhere... I think someone said its under the profile to the left of the post, but I see nothing about post counts and I've probably posted a couple hundred times. (shrug)

And waitaminnit...what about our post counts? Those precious, precious post counts!

Everyone is always talking about post counts??? I've never seen a post count anywhere... I think someone said its under the profile to the left of the post, but I see nothing about post counts and I've probably posted a couple hundred times. (shrug)

1018 times to be exact

Edited by djpinkpanther67

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account. If you don't have a free (or paid) CGC Collectors Society account, you will receive an email to activate a free CGC Collectors Society account. All of your old posts and private messages will be preserved under this new account.

So we have to use our real names?

What about the water cooler or links to the other sections?

Will we loose access to those?

Mine shows the same name as I have here, skypinkblu :shrug:

Since the Powers That Be have been quiet, I ventured over to Numismatics ( :eek: ) to see if I could find any info. Not much there, but came up with this:

Probably a dumb question (I know, I know 'there are no dumb questions'...but there are inquisitive insufficiently_thoughtful_persons! This will be an example).

My chat board nickname 'Stork' is one I use here (obviously), and I like it for consistency. But I used a new nickname for the Registry. Seeing as it's neither name/handle but my email to log in with for the Collector's Society, will my nickname for the chat boards be Stork or my other nickname?

Good question and one I'm sure will be frequently asked.

We will match your chat board account to your Collectors Society account. You will keep the nickname Stork and this will become your registry nickname as well.

Again, I say no post-count numbers. Just levels, like "Collector" until 1K, "Subscriber" until 5K, "TOTAL NEWB" after 10K posts (as an example), but no actual number. Some people tend to think it's a competition, and no one here loves newbies who mess-post all day.

Just IMHO.

But...without post counts, how do we know who's winning?

lol

Will we get different levels of notifications to hump?

:roflmao:

-slym

Look at any post you make. it's under your avatar.

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account. If you don't have a free (or paid) CGC Collectors Society account, you will receive an email to activate a free CGC Collectors Society account. All of your old posts and private messages will be preserved under this new account.

I have no idea which account I have. How would I know the difference?

keep an eye one your email?

Go to the registry - http://comics.www.collectors-society.com

Login brings up your control panel and it tells you under acct info what type of acct you have if I understand what you are looking for.