• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you like about the new boards
1 1

84 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Something else I like is that hovering gives you a wealth of information.

Hover over usernames to see more info about them. Once the boards have a better color scheme / skin option this is going to make the boards look much cleaner without having to display all the additional, redundant information.

Hover over thread titles to see 1st / last post.

Still checking out new things but hovering is an interesting feature.

wow, we joined here around the same time and you have 5X as many posts as me and I think I post way too much...

1 minute ago, the blob said:

wow, we joined here around the same time and you have 5X as many posts as me and I think I post way too much...

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I think you post too much too. :P

The easy pic uploads is brilliant. That'll save me a ton of time for my sales threads!

Same with being able to search PMs...PLUS now you can create folders for your PMs and organize them!!

I'm liking the site...especially when they figure out how to make it a little less "white/light grey".

The layout isn't bad...... perhaps they could allow each user to select the color they want in a settings/preferences format.... so those who aren't enamored with light gray could choose something with a bit more color and contrast. GOD BLESS...

--jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbs u

9 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

The layout isn't bad...... perhaps they could allow each user to select the color they want in a settings/preferences format.... so those who aren't enamored with light gray could choose something with a bit more color and contrast. GOD BLESS...

--jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbs u

Purple text on an orange background? :)

In the old forum they had a button called "top" that would take you to the top of the page so you could go back to forum choice, now it's in the bottom right.

Due to the kind of mouse that I have,  I like that now there is an arrow in the bottom right hand corner to get to the top of the page.

On the old forum it was in the bottom left of the posts, so on the bottom right makes it easier :)

It's a small thing/adjustment but I am thankful for it O.o

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

In the old forum they had a button called "top" that would take you to the top of the page so you could go back to forum choice.

Due to the kind of mouse that I have, I have to manually drag the bar to scroll down. I like that now there is an arrow in the bottom right hand corner to get to the top of the page.

On the old forum it was in the bottom left of the posts, so this makes it easier :)

The red arrow that floats in the bottom right now does that function.

Ya :) that's what I was saying it's on the bottom right rather than left which I like better due to the mouse I use, it's a small thing but I'm thankful for it lol

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The red arrow that floats in the bottom right now does that function.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya :) that's what I was saying it's on the bottom right rather than left which I like better due to the mouse I use, it's a small thing but I'm thankful for it lol

Rereading my original post, I was convoluted, sorry for making it complicated, hopefully my one sentence explanation is better:)

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

In the old forum they had a button called "top" that would take you to the top of the page so you could go back to forum choice.

Due to the kind of mouse that I have, I have to manually drag the bar to scroll down. I like that now there is an arrow in the bottom right hand corner to get to the top of the page.

On the old forum it was in the bottom left of the posts, so this makes it easier :)

Look for the red up arrow in circle in the lower right.

• Administrator

Oh, let's see....

Things I like.

1. Point-based moderation system
  2. Moderation ticket queue
  3. @Architecht mentions in posts by name
  4. Notification system that is highly configurable 
  5. Improved boards search
  6. Private message search, sort, filter
  7. Mobile / responsive design
  8. Faster performance (so far - I was worried about that one, confident but cautious)
  9. The activity feed in the upper right - customizable to view one long stream of anything you want to track on the forums
  10. Hiding posts
  11. A rich plugin system waiting to be tapped for all kinds of cool funtionality
  12. An awesome tagging system
  13. Single sign on with the grading sites
  14. Easier image uploads
  15. Grading-company-specific message boards
  16. Gallery functions
  17. Not turned on, but some cool kind of blogging and other tools that we might use
  18. Some cool things like an automatic email of popular threads this month that we might turn on
  19. Real-time notices of replies and messages, etc. without having to refresh a page
  20. Social media links

I'm sure I could think of more, but why not leave an even 20 for now.

Ok....the PM search, etc is nice

single sign in is also good...except I cannot sign in with my dealer ID (CHANGE THAT)

Grading company specific?  So the other boards was for CBCS and PGX too?  :grin:

I will agree that uploading images is a TON better (kudos for that)

So how the hell do I get email notifications when I have a PM?

Edited by Columbia Comics

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

Ok....the PM search, etc is nice

single sign in is also good...except I cannot sign in with my dealer ID (CHANGE THAT)

Grading company specific?  So the other boards was for CBCS and PGX too?  :grin:

I will agree that uploading images is a TON better (kudos for that)

So how the hell do I get email notifications when I have a PM?

@Columbia Comics When you click on the bell at the top to see notifications, you will see small text at the upper right of the pop up that says "notification settings". Adjust to your heart's content.

1 hour ago, Architecht said:

Look for the red up arrow in circle in the lower right.

I said I liked the red arrow circle, that's all I've ever said, I hope this clarifies :)  I don't know why everyone read my post differently, if I was confusing I'm sorry. I said, in the first place, that I like it on the bottom right hand corner rather than anywhere else. 

• Administrator

Oooh! Did anyone notice that you can highlight the text in someone's post (any part of it) hover over the highlight and click "quote this" to quote JUST that part in a reply? That's nice.