• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2021 at 6:20 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I really wanted to like it but can't. 2/5. For the life of me I don't understand why Harley Quin is so popular. John Cena was defiantly the best part of the movie.

Polka Dot man was my favorite. Cena always comes off as bland/generic to me. Dave Bautista should have been Peacemaker. 

Edited by Scam Likely

On 8/5/2021 at 8:12 PM, fantastic_four said:

He's referring to Gunn's cringeworthy tweets about kids that caused Disney to fire him.  He's got a weird sense of humor so I'm willing to believe he thought he was kidding, but yea, you don't want to go where he tried to go.  :eek:

No, it wasn't a "tweet about kids" it was him "dressing up" as a pedo as a "gag" that got him fired by Disney.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 8/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I really wanted to like it but can't. 2/5. For the life of me I don't understand why Harley Quin is so popular. John Cena was defiantly the best part of the movie.

Harley Quinn is popular as a cosplay and I hear the cartoon is good enough.  

But as much as it would seem Robbie would have owned the role, it has just never clicked on the big screen.  I started thinking this after Birds of Prey and I definitely think this now.  WB needs to bench the character for a few years and recast, hopefully this time make her more like the comic book/cartoon and less like whatever the hell Margot Robbie is supposed to be doing. 

-J.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, Jaydogrules said:

No, it wasn't a "tweet about kids" it was him "dressing up" as a pedo as a "gag" that got him fired by Disney.  

-J.

If I recall, I believe Gunn dressed as a priest and posed for pics with his friends who were adult women dressed as little girls. I’m not judging, I’ve told more distasteful jokes than that. 

On 8/6/2021 at 5:33 PM, Scam Likely said:

If I recall, I believe Gunn dressed as a priest and posed for pics with his friends who were adult women dressed as little girls. I’m not judging, I’ve told more distasteful jokes than that. 

He was "dressed up" as a To Catch a Predator pedo, and had a grown woman dressed as a little girl with him, from the original photos I saw 

Real funny stuff, huh?

-J.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:46 PM, Jaydogrules said:

He was "dressed up" as a To Catch a Predator pedo, and had a grown woman dressed as a little girl with him, from the original photos I saw 

Real funny stuff, huh?

-J.

With all the pedophilia in that industry, he was probably making fun of them.

Enjoyed it. Went it with low expectations because of how the first one went. Had it fun moments, along with some head scratching moments.

I though King Shark was awesome!  Polk Dot's "mom issue" was great as well.

Did not realize Nathan Fillion was T.D.K. till the credits.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, Capn17 said:

Enjoyed it. Went it with low expectations because of how the first one went. Had it fun moments, along with some head scratching moments.

I though King Shark was awesome!  Polk Dot's "mom issue" was great as well.

Did not realize Nathan Fillion was T.D.K. till the credits.

A lot went by me as well, I recognized polka dots from the mcguyver tv show as the main villain.

Was surprised to see Mary Poppins as well lol

On 8/6/2021 at 8:46 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Real funny stuff, huh?

-J.

I don’t think its funny but again, not judging him. I don’t know the guy. Plenty of decent people out there with a sick sense of humor.

All of the articles I had read when Disney fired him just referred to the tweets where he's doing racy jokes that were about such a broad range of gender, sex, race, and religious topics that they could have just as easily come from Daniel Tosh.  It seemed clear he was kidding, but about topics some people didn't want anyone joking about.

Just went looking for the pics Jaydog is referencing and found them fairly easily:

I thought this was much better than the first film. I was kind of surprised that they went all out with the gore but kept the silliness of a silver age DC book. It was an odd combination. I would probably buy the Blu-ray when it is released. However, it still falls behind when compared to a Marvel film.

I'll be watching tomorrow on my computer via HBO, and if I like it,I'll grab the Blu-ray when it's released. I think it looks fun.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Harley Quinn is popular as a cosplay and I hear the cartoon is good enough

More than good enough. Harley Quinn's animated series is wildly popular. And that is where they went full Deadpool. Including characters such as Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Clayface, King Shark and zany characters such as Kite Man enhances the show's humor.

There's a reason it is going into Season Three. Though how long they can keep it up will be interesting.