• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I have 2 arms!

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take 2 arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? 

Great stuff in there, just placed a lot of tracking, hoping to win a few.  Lots of good stuff going everywhere, Clink, HA.  I'm hoping w/ all these auctions a few I want slide through because people run out of $$$$. :)  

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, G.A.tor said:

Sure, but that book really only could appeal to a very small number of potential bidders. This auction has something for almost everyone ...I'd say way more appeal and interest than the action 1

I think that book APPEALED to LOTS of people, however, very few had the disposable $$$$ to do anything about it, beyond drooling all over their computers and wishing they had hit the powerball.

10 minutes ago, SushiX said:

Wow.. Amazing man 22 is at 18k...guess that one comes off the watchlist...:sorry:

Great book...worth it

" I'm not talking about any of his Silver or bronze btw i don't see these commanding any real premiums."

You're right - they shouldn't command any real premiums BUT with a collection of this magnitude and hype, there's a risk that bidders are going to get caught up in the hype and overpay just for the privilege of saying "It came from the collection of...".

59 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

" I'm not talking about any of his Silver or bronze btw i don't see these commanding any real premiums."

You're right - they shouldn't command any real premiums BUT with a collection of this magnitude and hype, there's a risk that bidders are going to get caught up in the hype and overpay just for the privilege of saying "It came from the collection of...".

For JBs sake i hope they do ? heck i'm tracking a few silver books myself I want something from this collection!! 

6 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:
18 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You're just lucky I don't know what that means! :sumo:

Why, it means Robin Goodfellow-ish persiflage of course!

Oh, well, in that case, then, um, well ... ok ... I guess. hm

2 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

I'm definitely going to over pay for the book I'm after !:sumo: 

7 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Youthinks?

Blame GAtor for giving me an excuse for channeling the bard.

There is a tide in the affairs of Gators, which, taken in the flood, leads on to winning Berk bids. Omitted, all the voyage of their life
is bound in shallows and only second-highest graded Centaurs.