• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I'm talking the Amazing-Man 22s or the Wonder Comics #1s of this collection. These aren't, "MH/Larson peds" that are coming from his collection these are JB books and have you seen them?? WOW!! How do we say a premium will be paid 10 yrs down the road or even now? Of course a premium will be paid for them I ask again have you seen them??!!!

Yes, I have seen them. I'm drooling over the cabinet pieces like everybody else and I write a wee bit about the auction in a European comic forum. :smile::popcorn:

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
5 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I'd rather have a book from the JB collection than the Nick Cage collection.

+1

I thought I saw one book with a ped label (Larson or Church?) and the Cage notation and the Berk notation. :)

56 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Yes, I have seen them. I'm drooling over the cabinet pieces like everybody else and I write a wee bit about the auction in a European comic forum. :smile::popcorn:

Sounds like we are for the most part in agreeance then my friend  (thumbsu Peds have started to intrigue me more and more over the past 2-3 yrs (the market anyways and it's impact on other books) I simply have never purchased any as I am a low grade collector at heart and wallet haha!! When collecting pedigree books how much would you say percentage wise is to be applied to say a Church, Larson, Lost Valley etc. GA key vs a Non-key/classic cover of the same grade and do you think this percentage will rise or fall in the future? General question not necessarily aimed just at you. Do you feel that these pedigrees will separate themselves even more as the years pass and if so don't you think there would be a trickle down to, "collections" and the like as we have seen with the low grade entry level books as the mega keys in general have grown exponentially? 

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I thought I saw one book with a ped label (Larson or Church?) and the Cage notation and the Berk notation. :)

and soon to be added, " from the Sqeggs T Awesome collection"!! ?:wishluck:

Now that's got PREMIUM written ALL OVER IT!! 

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I guess it depends on the book. I'm not sure what kind of premiums get paid for any pedigrees to be honest besides for the REALLY big ones and even with those many of them are the nicest examples. With Jons collection many of his books are already Pedigrees (Mile Highs and Larsons for example what like a 10th of the collection?) on top of being rare to begin with. Some of his books only have 1-2 examples ever certified so what do we even compare them to down the road when sometimes his are the best presenting or highest graded. I'm not talking about any of his Silver or bronze btw i don't see these commanding any real premiums. I'm talking the Amazing-Man 22s or the Wonder Comics #1s of this collection. These aren't, "MH/Larson peds" that are coming from his collection these are JB books and have you seen them?? WOW!! How do we say a premium will be paid 10 yrs down the road or even now? Of course a premium will be paid for them I ask again have you seen them??!!! I think it will depend more on the overall state of the market than the name itself but i think this will apply to all comics not just run of the mill books but pedigrees as well. So while i don't disagree with you I still think the name Berk will carry weight down the road bc of the rarities he possessed and had a passion for and let's not get started on that OA which I don't even yet collect whoa!!. So... Will his New Mutants 98 garnish more than a regular NM98 who knows but I can get one of those on ebay 365 days a year. Many of his things we hardly EVER see and THAT in itself IS THE PREMIUM and why they will command premium prices now and down the road  2c

I think if you read between the lines, what Gino is saying is: he's going full court press for A-Man 22 and Wonder #1$!*&#%@*!!      :nyah:

Gino;

I love stories about OO-collections from the GA, "pedigrees" in particular. As you will know, you find them on these very boards. (Unfortunately - as far as I know - the project http://comicpedigrees.com/ became stuck.)

Great thing is, on these boards the stories are yet evolving (as last seen: "Recil Macon", "Okajima").

39 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

When collecting pedigree books how much would you say percentage wise is to be applied to say a Church, Larson, Lost Valley etc. GA key vs a Non-key/classic cover of the same grade and do you think this percentage will rise or fall in the future? General question not necessarily aimed just at you. Do you feel that these pedigrees will separate themselves even more as the years pass and if so don't you think there would be a trickle down to, "collections" and the like as we have seen with the low grade entry level books as the mega keys in general have grown exponentially? 

Will reasonably rise I believe. High-end collectors seem to more and more appreciate a special "provenience" of a book.

I am by far not a high-end collector at all, so I'll pass on your other questions. But it's all about very personal decisions, I take it.

Oh, I think the show is going on ... !! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Now, you're talkin'! :)

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Now, you're talkin'! :)

I'm told that each won Lot from the Berk collection comes with a dancing girl and a pair of python skin bedroom slippers :gossip: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Just now, jimjum12 said:

I'm told that each won Lot from the Berk collection comes with a dancing girl and a pair of python skin bedroom slippers :gossip: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I figured that went without saying. hm

10 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Will the Berk pedigree hold value in the future? What does everyone think?

Not after I crack them out.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:
11 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Not after I crack them out.

:whatthe:

:banana:

I have looked through all 2600+ books a half dozen times now lol. Started a watch list and took a few off already as prices are getting crazy compared to previous sales. I have been debating on bidding or just waiting until the 28th day or whenever they start ending

58 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

the dancing banana tooting is more your posting style methinks

doh!