• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

Just now, Straw-Man said:
16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I feel your pain. I barely get the e-mail confirming my bid before I get another e-mail saying I've been outbid. 

Berk was apparently not a great Raboy fan as far as I can tell

well, then, although he is possessed of excellent taste, he does not have perfect taste.

No, he's clearly several notches below you and me in that department.  But, then again, who isn't? 

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

This is such a HUGE auction that it seems most, if not all, have completely forgotten there are HA and ComicLink auctions underway.

I haven't. Maybe I can grab a couple of books that I am drooling over in those other auctions.

:whistle:

7 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

holy cow, aman 22 already over 12K

And that's before you bid? You have only yourself to blame for raising the visibility of Centaurs! :)

Just now, Sqeggs said:

And that's before you bid? You have only yourself to blame for raising the visibility of Centaurs! :)

honestly was going to enter a tracking bid on it, but I don't want to add any fuel to the centaur fires, so will do my best to refrain...

I've identified 9 "must wins" and 9 "want to" wins and about 100 others I would upgrade at the right price...

and then there are all the other 2700 books...geesh!...headed to bank tomorrow to get a loan

Just now, G.A.tor said:

honestly was going to enter a tracking bid on it, but I don't want to add any fuel to the centaur fires, so will do my best to refrain...

I've identified 9 "must wins" and 9 "want to" wins and about 100 others I would upgrade at the right price...

and then there are all the other 2700 books...geesh!...headed to bank tomorrow to get a loan

Please get some dough for the rest of us while you're there. 

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:
2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Please get some dough for the rest of us while you're there. 

I am serious you know...opportunities like this come up so rarely....heck with retirement lol

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Has any auction in recent memory had as much interest and buzz as this one?

Certainly not among us diehard boardies!!!!!!!

As for the rest of the world, (shrug)

Just now, Zolnerowich said:
5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Has any auction in recent memory had as much interest and buzz as this one?

Certainly not among us diehard boardies!!!!!!!

As for the rest of the world, (shrug)

I checked out the rest of the world the other day.  You definitely do not want to go there. :whatthe:

Just now, Zolnerowich said:
5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I just outbid you on the Marvel Slurpee cups. 

Sqeggs, sorry to break the news, but you know there's no actual Slurpee in those cups.

When will CC start providing complete descriptions? :taptaptap:

30 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Sqeggs, sorry to break the news, but you know there's no actual Slurpee in those cups.

If you add Slurpee to the cups would the result be considered "married"?