• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

Just now, G.A.tor said:

tis the market we are in

I dunno, I'm not in your buying bracket,so I've been watching some other books...and  I was kind of surprised the Action 23, 3.0 restored did so well. Nice for Jon and the winner.

5 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I dunno, I'm not in your buying bracket,so I've been watching some other books...and  I was kind of surprised the Action 23, 3.0 restored did so well. Nice for Jon and the winner.

I assume the buyer intends to remove the restoration? If not I also am surprised at the price.

Edited by SuperBird

2 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Someone is getting a bargain if the Action #1 closes at 355K.

no action 1 goes for a bargain anymore, I don't think?

3 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

I assume the buyer intends to remove the restoration? If not I also am surprised at the price.

I didn't think of that, you are probably right. I keep thinking I just bought my 4.5 blue  a few years ago for less than this one went for, but maybe it was longer than that.

Edited by skypinkblu

4 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

I don't think so...book would end up about a 1.0 if they did that..I'd leave it as is..

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't think of that, you are probably right. I keep thinking I just bought my 4.5 blue  a few years ago for less than this one went for, but maybe it was longer than that.

It wasn't. :)

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

no action 1 goes for a bargain anymore, I don't think?

Do the replaced staples seem as if they have rust on them?  I assume the serious bidders have seen the book in hand. 

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

5+ years ago, I was selling action 23's at 1K a point...so a 4.5 would have been about 4500

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Do the replaced staples seem as if they have rust on them?  I assume the serious bidders have seen the book in hand. 

the previous staples had rust on them that migrated a bit into the paper...that's why the staples were replaced...they should be rust free

Just now, Action252Kid said:

I think the Action 1 is going to end when one of these last second "snipers" loses their internet connection trying to get one of these 10 seconds left bids in there lol

I've never understood why folks wait 2min and 50 seconds...just bid already! lol

Just now, G.A.tor said:

the previous staples had rust on them that migrated a bit into the paper...that's why the staples were replaced...they should be rust free

I would have thought so too, but the scan makes is appear that the replacement staples have some rust.  But that's just my screen.