• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Should be right around the time Love hits the corner jumper for the Cavs overtime win. hm

Nobody lets Love in a corner.

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

For sure his Larson copy of Mystery Men 3 since it did not show up in the auction.  Interesting to note that he decided to keep the Larson copy and to let the Church copy go instead.  hm

I have heard that he has said Science 2 is Lou Fine's best work in his opinion, even though he has the Fantastic 3. Does anyone know if he has the Mile High Science 2 and did not put it up? 

Not sure about his love for Science 2, but I have heard and read many of his articles where he has stated that Mystery Men 3 is his favorite cover due to how dynamic and free flowing the cover image is.  In fact, whenever I see the cover for MM3 now, I think of Jon Berk right away.  Similarly, I also feel that with his research on the Larson books and on the man himself, I always think that the Larson pedigree is almost synonymous with Berk himself.

So from my point of view, keeping the Larson Mystery Men 3 is the absolute perfect book for Jon to retain in his collection.  (thumbsu

Well, it looks like I will be stuck on a plane during this entire first day of auction closings.   

I am hoping my wife can figure out how to bid and maybe win me something.  :wishluck:

5 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Well, it looks like I will be stuck on a plane during this entire first day of auction closings.   

I am hoping my wife can figure out how to bid and maybe win me something.  :wishluck:

I hope she can't! :devil:

53 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Looks like the last lot won't close until just before midnight.

Looks like the books which I am most interested in doesn't hit the hammer until the last hour of the day.

Hope everybody is either totally engrossed in the game or fast asleep by then so that I can scooped up the goodies at a basement bargain price.  :wishluck:

22 minutes ago, Hudson said:

If I was relying on my better half for this auction , all I can say is that she will be sure to find the Delete button for all of my bids.  :censored:  lol

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Should be some early fireworks as @Zolnerowich and I go to the mat over the Marvel Slurpee cups. :sumo:

So let me get this straight...you and Z will be rolling around on a mat...and there will be fireworks???

Are sure we are talking about an auction?

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:
6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Should be some early fireworks as @Zolnerowich and I go to the mat over the Marvel Slurpee cups. :sumo:

So let me get this straight...you and Z will be rolling around on a mat...and there will be fireworks???

Pre-game festivities.  Probably booze as well. 

38 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

If I was relying on my better half for this auction , all I can say is that she will be sure to find the Delete button for all of my bids.  :censored:  lol

I guess if she "can't" figure it out, it will leave more cash on hand for the other 4 days of bidding. 

Trying to look on the positive side.  

48 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

43 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

41 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

:gossip:"auction" is the safe word.

41 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Pre-game festivities.  Probably booze as well. 

31 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Light the blue touch paper and retire

Well how about that! I leave my desk for an hour and the insinuations fly! It's just harmless "Marvel mat play" with my friend Sqeggs. Sure, maybe a bit of the Red Sonja Half Nelson, or if we're up for it, a Black Widow Boston Crab, but at the end of the day, it's all about the brain freeze that will really start hurting at end of day Friday.

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

They have Internet on the plane with your smart phone 

3 hours ago, Saleen333 said:

Anyone notice the original art page from ASM 6 is at 73k WOW 

Decent Spidey-action Ditko ASM panel pages start at $60k+ these days. Given the quality and significance of this single-digit issue ASM page, cracking $100k was always a given, and I think it may touch $150k!