• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have a question along these lines. I need to raise funds for a grail and will be posting a fair number of books. Would it be considered bad form to have a GA selling thread and a seperate SA selling thread? Would a combined thread more along the lines of a VCC booth be more in order? The guidelines don't state one thread per person and I've seen it done both ways. While both are fine to me, within reason, I'd hate to offend anyone before they even had a chance to view my books and decide they suck on their own merit.

Personally, I feel that separating the two is a good idea. One compromise would be to start one thread and list the GA first, then the SA - or vice versa.

If the books are for two different interest groups then there is no problem with two threads! Go ahead! The rule about covering too much "real estate" space in the forum was to prevent abuse not useful sales threads.

:applause:

R.

So, if I have one GA book, one SA book, one BA book, one CA book and one Modern book, then it would be okay to start a sales thread for each of them at the same time? hm

No, which is why I had one thread with one GA book, one SA book, and one BA book when I posted a few books for sale the other day. However, I think it would be fine to have separate threads for different ages if you were selling multiple books in each age as Moloch mentioned he would be doing. Common sense prevails...usually. lol

So, if I have one GA book, one SA book, one BA book, one CA book and one Modern book, then it would be okay to start a sales thread for each of them at the same time? hm

Anarky Rulz! :headbang:

I've got 40 slabbed Avengers that are my undercopies and I'm interested in seeing if anyone is interested in trading for copies of Avengers that I do not have. Are For Trade threads allowed in the Forum Sale section?

I've got 40 slabbed Avengers that are my undercopies and I'm interested in seeing if anyone is interested in trading for copies of Avengers that I do not have. Are For Trade threads allowed in the Forum Sale section?

Sounds like a great idea...... except that I don't have much to trade for them. :sorry:

I've seen the local wildlife work itself into a frenzy over rule violations. Seems like noobs get a bit of an initiation.
You are right. I'm sure it's all in good fun. Heck, I've even done a little initiating myself and kind of enjoyed it. lol

I've seen the local wildlife work itself into a frenzy over rule violations. Seems like noobs get a bit of an initiation.
You are right. I'm sure it's all in good fun. Heck, I've even done a little initiating myself and kind of enjoyed it. lol
Me too! ;)