• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This Forum just turns into a bigger mess by the day. Bumping a sales thread a dozen times when the books aren’t moving? No problem! Running a sales thread with the same groups of books over and over for 6 months? No problem! Certain books aren’t selling? Pull ‘em out and start a new thread. Maybe somebody will want them if they’re listed separately this time. Let’s not forget to start multiple threads either! Gotta make sure we take up as much front page real estate as possible. Guidelines? What guidelines?

This is great! We now have a free version on an ebay store!

This Forum just turns into a bigger mess by the day. Bumping a sales thread a dozen times when the books aren’t moving? No problem! Running a sales thread with the same groups of books over and over for 6 months? No problem! Certain books aren’t selling? Pull ‘em out and start a new thread. Maybe somebody will want them if they’re listed separately this time. Let’s not forget to start multiple threads either! Gotta make sure we take up as much front page real estate as possible. Guidelines? What guidelines?

Richard, is there something on your mind you'd like to share with the rest of the class?

I sense a wee bit of sarcasm in your post. lol

You forgot selling things you have LISTED on Ebay and or or on your website , or books graded by the "other" guys;) (tsk)

Can I offer you some nice Mister Miracle books to calm you down?

You forgot selling things you have LISTED on Ebay and or or on your website , or books graded by the "other" guys;) (tsk)

doh! Stupid me!

Nah, no names, just venting. I'm probably imagining things. Everybody else seems happy. (shrug) (Except for Divad, he's never happy.)

doh! Stupid me!

Nah, no names, just venting. I'm probably imagining things. Everybody else seems happy. (shrug) (Except for Divad, he's never happy.)

Some "other" people might not think this stuff is exactly playing "cricket" either, but we might bite our tongues ...(no piercing jokes;) I kind of view it the way I view the people who walk in front of me on a line...cause they are "special".

I just slapped myself doh! , cause I really don't want to get into flame wars...but I wish people would be considerate.

Yeah, stop beating around the bush and start naming names :popcorn:

Well . . . a "friend" of mine wants to sell these VERY expensive books, so I thought I'd do myself him a favor and see what kinda action is here . . . my his asking price is exhorbitant not to mention my cut but hey, you all like me, and the guidelines are for sissies anyways :grin:

Well, I'll name names. And the first name would be mine.

I'm pretty certain that Richard is talking about me. And he has a good point. Even if he's not talking about me, I'm guilty of what he's saying. So, for my part, I apologize to those of you who feel like Richard does. It's easy to get caught up in trying to move stuff and to forget that after a round or two, others might be sick of seeing the same old stuff. I also apologize for having two threads on the front page at the moment, as I didn't mean to do that.

Well . . . a "friend" of mine wants to sell these VERY expensive books, so I thought I'd do myself him a favor and see what kinda action is here . . . my his asking price is exhorbitant not to mention my cut but hey, you all like me.

What part of this is against the guidelines?

Well . . . a "friend" of mine wants to sell these VERY expensive books, so I thought I'd do myself him a favor and see what kinda action is here . . . my his asking price is exhorbitant not to mention my cut but hey, you all like me.

What part of this is against the guidelines?

The part you cut off? lol

Questionable ethics, if not questionable facts, if not where else are they being offered, if not who is actually selling the books . . . at best :grin:

But hey, books is books, and it's not like there is any kind of enforcement around here :insane:

For real, I don't know where everyone's books are (or are not) listed, but there are several posters with multiple threads currently on page 1:

Skynwalker

Araich

Moondog

Atlasfan

Let's hear it...who else is breaking the guidelines? (shrug)