• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

People like to whine here. Get with the program. (thumbs u

I apologize for failing to be with the program. ;)

I don't drink coffe though so I'm relaxed. :headbang:

Have a milkshake. :grin:

Lactose intolerant but you knew that. :foryou:

But your milkshake still brings all the boys to the yard.

[Which is probably why you don't have guys like me listing stuff on here. It is really more trouble than it is worth, especially when you have to deal with people like Joe.

I find it quite hilarious that Jocko here keeps dragging me out as the big bad guy, when SEVERAL PEOPLE helped point out his OBVIOUS RULE-BREAKING, and by the time I came along, they had ALREADY CHASED HIS SORRY HASS off the forums.

But instead of highlighting the FACT that he was LAMBASTED by a GROUP of forum members for his transgressions, it's far safer to keep TROLLING and NAMING me alone.

I guess that makes it seem safer, portraying me as the lone gunman, rather than the reality of a group effort long before I even saw the thread.

I was clearly in the wrong, even tho that was not my intent.

Yeah, convenient that the thread is gone huh. Make it that much easier for you to make up lies and try to support your pathetic sorry existence.

And you really changed your tune since Arch totally deleted your thread. Where are the complaints about the "stupid rules" and how you "didn't do anything wrong"? lollol

Yeah, convenient that the thread is gone huh. Make it that much easier for you to make up lies and try to support your pathetic sorry existence.

Edited by Dale Roberts

Ok. How's the slimmer trimmer notice. Useless? Useful?

Much improved. Now can it appear only once perhaps? Instead of every page? Or did you fix that already? :)

I hope you get paid well for this job. This board must give you nightmares or insomnia or something , and it must be impossible explaining the lot of us when someone brings up this aspect of your job...

:roflmao:

:sick:

Much improved. Now can it appear only once perhaps? Instead of every page? Or did you fix that already? :)

Even once per thread is OTT....

The old system was okay - errant seller comes along, ignores rules, someone points this out and calmly (well, that's the theory) directs person to the rules thread. If seller refuses to comply, notify Mods, and game over. Regardless of how many notices are pinned, you're still gonna get twits who'll wilfully flout the rules.

I wonder if it would be possible to have the information in the new "Interstitial" section actually be the default text inside the text box when starting a new thread...?

That would kill two birds with one stone, as people would be forced to review it prior to deleting it or whatever...

Bumping this because it's a good idea, and I thought of it first, dammit. :sumo:

I like it. Most posters need in your face material for their own good. And now you don't have to have a lynch mob trying to get the guy to chance his post cause he/she'll have no excuse. Just hit the mod button,done. Simple, easy, fast.

It would be nice if it popped up before the 1st post was actually made by the poster but again...work in progress.

Thanks Arch.

Now do come to Chicago so you can see us feed greggy long island milkshakes.

We'll make him sit next to Doc Watson the next day for breakfast.

R.

back to my discussion....I just lowered priced on the remaining books in my thread to try to clear them out.....if you think I haven't graded properly....please feel free to pm me so we can have rancor and discourse.

cheers.

Get out of here and put this in the announcement thread.

:makepoint:

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?, now we need a banner to keep the discussion thread in order.

:censored:

Berating people for complaining about the size of text is a bit much. Especially since there's no "Hey guys, what do you think of this?". For all anybody knew we were going to be stuck with that so I feel the reaction was a part of it and should have been anticipated.

I fully support the complaining as it got results and the new size is much better since it seems to be the way it's going to be.

I still don't like it being there period. (oooohhh look a complaint....get over it).

But basically I don't care.

I preferred the old way of letting kindly and well meaning forum members assist newbie sellers in the ways of enlightenment.

I really can't wait for SkyPinkBlu's selling threads to pick back up as reading these forum police threads are a snooze.

back to my discussion....I just lowered priced on the remaining books in my thread to try to clear them out.....if you think I haven't graded properly....please feel free to pm me so we can have rancor and discourse.

cheers.

Anything good there I should check out?

Mid-grade early SA for example?

cheers.

Get out of here and put this in the announcement thread.

:makepoint:

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?, now we need a banner to keep the discussion thread in order.

:censored:

go back and check my post, I'd already edited/deleted it as you were giving me the hammer..........don't get me going or I'll have to get real mean.... lol

Edited by comicdey