• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

maybe because i'm new here, but i really don't see the irritation that runs rampant with the main posters in this thread. i haven't posted much outside of the selling thread because my knowledge of comics are based bronze and modern and i'm moving further away from that into the great unknown of golden age but i also don't want to post and look like a big person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point that has no idea what he is saying.

i've only been on here since october and this is the greatest comic site i've ever been to, nowhere else could i have scored the books that i have in the past few months anywhere else, be it online or in a lcs.

all of you that i have dealt with have been more than great, it really makes me feel like i'm a kid again going to the local 7-11 to pick up the latest g.i. combat (i'm 33, not old like some others on here).

J

my only suggestion is everyone stop ptting up so many great books for sale, i might have to get banned from the boards for a month to stop. and that spoon thing is really really dumb. couldn't they have come up with a better word to put there?

Anyone see that movie, "He was a Queit Man"?

There's a hilarious part where three guys are in the company elevator, and two are joking with the other, calling him a "spoon".

He then gets all angry and screams "I AM NOT A SPOON!!!".

No I didnt. you are mising the point of it being the sellers decision if he wants the activity stopped. Not anyone elses.

I think it's time for "JC example time" where I bump selling threads non-stop to prove a point that should be obvious to anyone smarter than a snail.

:signfunny:

I hope he bumps my FF thread from 2-3 weeks ago since I have them for sale still.

lol

hm

Well, I went back and read Blu's thread because I really respect Arex...and I don't think I did really understand Mike's intent until after seeing that thread.

It's early, but just some random thoughts here:)

Yes, there can be too much of anything,

Yes, seller's do have to police their own threads. Even I have had someone post something nasty (and it was a nice person, he just had PMS)

I think what the gremlin posters have to remember is to be considerate, gremlins are fine, but everything, can be excessive....even chocolate (I'm baking for tonight, so it's on my mind;)

I don't read every forum, so I rarely know that someone has not posted anywhere but the selling forum. I think I get annoyed when it's a new person who ONLY posts there, but they might not understand that there is a "code" I know *I* had no idea, not that I posted there first, I didn't, but I had a friend warn me....some people might not have friends with common sense.

I think Andy's sales threads are works of art in themselves:)

Of course people get busy, distracted...even depressed sometimes, you can expect more of that in this economy. Some of the posting might be just frustration (or wine) but ...it's nice to have this place for people to unwind...just be considerate.

I missed JC:) I don't sell or own any $10,000 books, but I can see his point, someone selling a book like that, might be more apt to want things at a different level.

However, it is up to them to indicate that...a simple "enough guys/girls" in the thread, should indicate that the gremlins should end.

It can be lonely posting a thread with no activity, but I can see where a thread like Blu's would turn some potential customer's off....so, I suppose, as in everything (including chocolate;) self moderation is key.

Happy New Year, be kind to people:)

Which was the offending thread? :(

No I didnt. you are mising the point of it being the sellers decision if he wants the activity stopped. Not anyone elses.

I think it's time for "JC example time" where I bump selling threads non-stop to prove a point that should be obvious to anyone smarter than a snail.

:signfunny:

I hope he bumps my FF thread from 2-3 weeks ago since I have them for sale still.

lol

hm

Well, I went back and read Blu's thread because I really respect Arex...and I don't think I did really understand Mike's intent until after seeing that thread.

It's early, but just some random thoughts here:)

Yes, there can be too much of anything,

Yes, seller's do have to police their own threads. Even I have had someone post something nasty (and it was a nice person, he just had PMS)

I think what the gremlin posters have to remember is to be considerate, gremlins are fine, but everything, can be excessive....even chocolate (I'm baking for tonight, so it's on my mind;)

I don't read every forum, so I rarely know that someone has not posted anywhere but the selling forum. I think I get annoyed when it's a new person who ONLY posts there, but they might not understand that there is a "code" I know *I* had no idea, not that I posted there first, I didn't, but I had a friend warn me....some people might not have friends with common sense.

I think Andy's sales threads are works of art in themselves:)

Of course people get busy, distracted...even depressed sometimes, you can expect more of that in this economy. Some of the posting might be just frustration (or wine) but ...it's nice to have this place for people to unwind...just be considerate.

I missed JC:) I don't sell or own any $10,000 books, but I can see his point, someone selling a book like that, might be more apt to want things at a different level.

However, it is up to them to indicate that...a simple "enough guys/girls" in the thread, should indicate that the gremlins should end.

It can be lonely posting a thread with no activity, but I can see where a thread like Blu's would turn some potential customer's off....so, I suppose, as in everything (including chocolate;) self moderation is key.

Happy New Year, be kind to people:)

WOW...a SANE post in a sea of INSANITY...XLNT! :headbang:

HAPPY NEW YEAR BLU...always appreciate your posts! :applause:

Ok, how about some helpful points for the newb sellers in the forum? Here's a couple for starters:

1. Put only one scan in a post :sumo: This allows for ease of viewing of your entire thread and for ease of posting the :takeit: Better yet, use thumbnails :makepoint: sprinkled with an occasional "showcase" full-size scan. :)

You will make more buyers happy, and sell more books. :grin:

2. If your thread is formatted and looks like rehashed VCC offerings (which it probably is), then it will probably be viewed in kind. :grin:

Others?

Ok, how about some helpful points for the newb sellers in the forum? Here's a couple for starters:

1. Put only one scan in a post :sumo: This allows for ease of viewing of your entire thread and for ease of posting the :takeit: Better yet, use thumbnails :makepoint: sprinkled with an occasional "showcase" full-size scan. :)

You will make more buyers happy, and sell more books. :grin:

2. If your thread is formatted and looks like rehashed VCC offerings (which it probably is), then it will probably be viewed in kind. :grin:

Others?

3. removing the image when posting the :takeit:

4. removing the image for :applause: and :golfclap: and ^^ and :baiting: and so on and so on

I can't believe the amount of great books here. It used to be there would be about 100-200 new posts in a day....now I get from work and there are 300 new posts. This place has become come to attract a lot of traffic.

:headbang:

I can't believe the amount of great books here. It used to be there would be about 100-200 new posts in a day....now I get from work and there are 300 new posts. This place has become come to attract a lot of traffic.

I concur! You deserve a lot of credit as well for offering up some really nice books. :headbang:

I just wish I could afford to buy some stuff. :cry:

Well, it comes and goes though, doesn't it? I mean I agree completely. Heck! Adam's threads alone have been mindblowing with some of the books he's offered, and he certainly isn't alone. Still, there have been past periods where we've had multiple FF1s and AF 15s offered for sale here, and the next week has very little up for grabs. Regardless, it does go to show that this place is a fantastic place to buy books for both the modern and vintage comic collector.

(thumbs u