• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Speaking of eBay....weren't they supposed to be doing something to prevent shipping $$ gouging? I was checking out a comic auction the other day where the guy was charging $12 for the first comic and $1 per comic after that up to $6, for a maximum cap of $18.

It depends on the type of auction. If you list books, you cannot ask for more than $4 for shipping Media Mail. Sounds good in theory, except the only time I have listed hardback books, I had 4 of them, and MM shipping cost me over $6, so I lost $2 to S&H due to eBay's policy.

(shrug)

-slym (still sees poker chip sets being offered for 99¢ BIN with S&H charges upwards of $90)

I have as little to do with Paypal as possible. Using their shipping is just another donation to eBay... Just say NO! Besides, the guys at the PO need their jobs too... support your local economy!

Umm, PayPal doesn't make money from using the links to print shipping labels. That is still the USPS... if you take a payment via PayPal, you might as well use the shipping option, they aren't charging you more for it - as a matter of fact, you get a discount on many options.

-slym (has had International shipping be half of what was quoted before - once)

$4.80 with tracking online, any way you cut it :makepoint: Are you telling me someone here doesn't know how to do that? lol

You didn't read my OP D as I specifically stated the costs for using the USPS :makepoint: I'll assume the Px on the glasses is out of date ;) (just kidding :foryou: )

But in all seriousness Divad, there are some of who still like to use the USPS at times, and I don't think a $0.50 - $1 difference in shipping is going to matter especially when the seller is eating 35 in paypal fees...

I honestly don't see the big deal in a buck or two either way for shipping. (shrug)

$5-10 yeah, but not a $1.20

Ah, ok, it's only a buck . . . let me hike the price of the next book you buy by 20% and see if you care :grin:

$4.80 with tracking online, any way you cut it :makepoint: Are you telling me someone here doesn't know how to do that? lol

You didn't read my OP D as I specifically stated the costs for using the USPS :makepoint: I'll assume the Px on the glasses is out of date ;) (just kidding :foryou: )

But in all seriousness Divad, there are some of who still like to use the USPS at times, and I don't think a $0.50 - $1 difference in shipping is going to matter especially when the seller is eating 35 in paypal fees...

"Click and Ship" USPS online still pays their salaries - same price :grin:

I honestly don't see the big deal in a buck or two either way for shipping. (shrug)

Ah, ok, it's only a buck . . . let me hike the price of the next book you buy by 20% and see if you care :grin:

A dollar either way on a book doesn't matter to me either. (thumbs u

A dollar either way on a book doesn't matter to me either. (thumbs u

Nor to me. There is packaging material, time and effort.

R.

I only ship in priority boxes for safety reasons. I usually lose on every sale I do (on shipping), but i would rather the books be safe. Too many books get jacked up in envelopes.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I had a guy send me a raw book through Priority Mail (envelope). The USPS marking on it was for $.65 which made me look twice until I saw that the seller had affixed a stamp for $4.95 next to it. And he had it sent with delivery confirmation, book was double sided with cardboard and quite secure. He charged me all of $5.00 for S/H. I felt bad a little.

I only ship in priority boxes for safety reasons. I usually lose on every sale I do (on shipping), but i would rather the books be safe. Too many books get jacked up in envelopes.

(worship) Gospel.

(worship) Gospel.

I never use envelopes either, no way. I also think the Priority boxes are a bit too flimsy. I use the U-Line box mailers which are thicker (57 cents ea ), and affix a Priority sticker on that, if the buyer wants Priority, their choice. Otherwise it goes media. Never had a book damaged yet using them, envelopes was another horror story.

Just my 2c

DRX