• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Yawn. Is this place dead or is it just the new format spreading things out making it seem that way.

There are several here would have you believe that its better..... but it's not. :sorry:

It's dead :sumo:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I completely agree with you guys. Couple of months ago, there would be pages upon pages of books being bought and sold. Now I see one page, going back for the whole week. I havent' bought nor sold a thing since the new change, and I probably won't. I'm boycotting this new format. Ok, I'm not really but you get the idea.

It is my opinion CGC WANTS to drive sales away from this site. It doesnt make them anything but a headache and im sure their sponsors would like it better that way.

That couldn't be further from the truth. This whole forum is one giant marketing tool that leads to money for CGC.

Yawn. Is this place dead or is it just the new format spreading things out making it seem that way.

There are several here would have you believe that its better..... but it's not. :sorry:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I completely agree with you guys. Couple of months ago, there would be pages upon pages of books being bought and sold. Now I see one page, going back for the whole week. I havent' bought nor sold a thing since the new change, and I probably won't. I'm boycotting this new format. Ok, I'm not really but you get the idea.

It is my opinion CGC WANTS to drive sales away from this site. It doesnt make them anything but a headache and im sure their sponsors would like it better that way.

That couldn't be further from the truth. This whole forum is one giant marketing tool that leads to money for CGC.

Agreed . . . and we are the pawns of industry slaving for peanuts . . . lol

Workin' for da MAN! :sumo::roflmao:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Very true i just think that if they could keep the community and loose the sales it would be easier on them and more profitable for their partners.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Very true i just think that if they could keep the community and loose the sales it would be easier on them and more profitable for their partners.

I gotta agree with the good Dr. This forum is a showplace and marketplace for graded books. I've didn't own a graded book before I started hanging out here and I'm constantly tempted by the great books for sale here.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I gotta agree with the good Dr. This forum is a showplace and marketplace for graded books. I've didn't own a graded book before I started hanging out here and I'm constantly tempted by the great books for sale here.

(thumbs u

If some one here buys a graded book on this forum, or a graded book from any seller for that matter, then that is going to encourage the seller to offer more graded books for sale. If he doesn't have any, then he will get some either by purchasing them from another dealer or by submitting his own. It's a cycle. Some my call it vicious.

Lots of books bought here also get submitted.

Would it be incorrect to call it a viscous cycle?

Yeah, and I'm not talking specifically about comics - just overall EBay has tanked badly.

Ebay has been taking a nosedive for the last 6 months.

They've been trying big time in the last 3 months to get me to make my first sales auction. I think the "death by one thousand cuts" mistakes are certainly catching up with them, regardless of economy woes.

Arch,

Can we please have the Forum Selling Only forum changed to this format?

Golden Age

Silver Age

Bronze Age

Copper/Modern Age

Just drop the mixed Ages

Please, please, please?!?

Everything on one page. :baiting:

Well, that ain't gonna happen. :makepoint:

So we've got to ask for something within reason, going along the lines of what Arch already started. Asking for everything on one page will just put us back where we were, and that was a mess.

You'll have a lot more luck if you suggest something that's in a format, just MHO.

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. The opinions of the individuals who do the majority of the buying and the selling have already been ignored.

It will be organized however whoever is in charge of the design see fits to organize it. The creator of the idea always sees it as a stroke genius and is blinded by the brilliance of the their own design.

:foryou:

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. The opinions of the individuals who do the majority of the buying and the selling have already been ignored.

So, in other words, no one has/had any input? Seems Arch was creating a number of threads asking for input. (shrug)

It will be organized however whoever is in charge of the design see fits to organize it. The creator of the idea always sees it as a stroke genius and is blinded by the brilliance of the their own design.

IMHO Arch has made an attempt to make the forum a better place, just needs some tweeking here & there (he's not a comic collector, that I know of). A rational-collective approach could achieve a goal.

:foryou:

Back at'cha. :foryou:

Actually, the change in format was requested by forum members in that original thread in General...Arch didn't make this decision in a vacuum and actively solicited comments/suggestion/feedback in multiple threads. Many of the folks who do the buying and selling here supported the idea of a change, I don't recall who all piped in but I remember Bedrock and foolkiller both supported the idea.

Unfortunately, the implementation of the change is awkward and duplicative. I'd like to see "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area" broken down as follows:

1) Guidelines/Discussion (it's own sub-forum)

2) Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only

3) Copper/Modern Age Only

4) Misc comic-related items (supplies, statues, TPB's, hardcovers, vintage unused 1965 Peanuts telephone books, etc.,.)

5) Virtual Comic Con (VCC) Hall

I didn't say no one has had input. :foryou:

Hey, have you heard about this new theory called, "Global Warming?" :whistle:

But you said no sellers or buyers were listened to, so that would only leave poster's who don't buy or sell. Are they the only voices who were heard? (shrug)

Nope, never heard of it........................ :whistle: