• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The end is near . . . :roflmao:

Have fun in your alternate universe where the US economy is booming and EBay is setting record profits. :devil:

Oh yeah, did you hear that Chrysler went bankrupt.

I've been getting crazy money for books if I wait them out...often double what I asked for them when they were for sale on here. Many of them are tougher books granted.

The more common stuff has tanked.

R.

Yeah, and I'm not talking specifically about comics - just overall EBay has tanked badly.

Ebay has been taking a nosedive for the last 6 months.

Yeah, and I'm not talking specifically about comics - just overall EBay has tanked badly.

No kidding - this is not news. I make a joke about your printer cartridge reference, and you get all huffy. Dang, I wish I understood the world as well as you . . . :grin:

A more interesting topic is the recent NY Times article about the relative increase in private sales of fine art over auction sales, and the underlying economics of same. This, albeit a different ballpark, more accurately reflects the dynamics of the mid to high-end collectibles market.

No kidding - this is not news. I make a joke about your printer cartridge reference, and you get all huffy. Dang, I wish I understood the world as well as you . . . :grin:

(worship)

I wish I could buy him for what he's really worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

I wish I could buy him for what he's really worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

You couldn't afford either one. :banana:

That's where you are wrong. I've got birthday money. :gossip:

Number 1.)

I am not financially challenged.

Number 2.)

I am not follically challenged.

Number 3.)

flee-bee-B.gifflee-bee-I.gifflee-bee-T.gifflee-bee-E.gifwhite.jpgflee-bee-M.gifflee-bee-E.gif

Sexually challenged ? :whistle:

Oh yeah , JC , ...Bite me too . :P

Yawn. Is this place dead or is it just the new format spreading things out making it seem that way.

There are several here would have you believe that its better..... but it's not. :sorry:

It's dead :sumo:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I completely agree with you guys. Couple of months ago, there would be pages upon pages of books being bought and sold. Now I see one page, going back for the whole week. I havent' bought nor sold a thing since the new change, and I probably won't. I'm boycotting this new format. Ok, I'm not really but you get the idea.

Yawn. Is this place dead or is it just the new format spreading things out making it seem that way.

There are several here would have you believe that its better..... but it's not. :sorry:

It's dead :sumo:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I completely agree with you guys. Couple of months ago, there would be pages upon pages of books being bought and sold. Now I see one page, going back for the whole week. I havent' bought nor sold a thing since the new change, and I probably won't. I'm boycotting this new format. Ok, I'm not really but you get the idea.

It is my opinion CGC WANTS to drive sales away from this site. It doesnt make them anything but a headache and im sure their sponsors would like it better that way.