• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Have they not fixed these selling threads yet! :cry:

Who the F are you. You look familiar. hm

I used to be a regular poster here...now I mostly hang out in airports and check in once a month to see who I've pizzed off.

Wel you should see Polythene Pam.

The song was originally introduced during The White Album sessions; a demo from the Esher Sessions can be found on Anthology 3. Lennon would describe this song, along with "Mean Mr. Mustard", in The Beatles Anthology as "a bit of I wrote in India".

The song was originally introduced during The White Album sessions; a demo from the Esher Sessions can be found on Anthology 3. Lennon would describe this song, along with "Mean Mr. Mustard", in The Beatles Anthology as "a bit of I wrote in India".

Perhaps I should go to India and write a bit of spoon that lasts 40+ years.

I hate The Beatles. Just a point of view (thumbs u

Perhaps I should go to India and write a bit of spoon that lasts 40+ years.

:baiting: Where's the drek?

You're dead to me.

You're dead to me.

:eek:

You're dead to me.

meh I'm pretty sure that will affect neither of us in the long run.

And mine was just a point of view. Yours was a statement. A *spoon* one.

You're dead to me.

meh I'm pretty sure that will affect neither of us in the long run.

And mine was just a point of view. Yours was a statement. A *spoon* one.

He still loves John Lennon and he is dead so there is still hope for you. :grin:

You're dead to me.

I guess you had to grow up in that era to truly appreciate the Beatles but trust me,

the Beatles changed our music, our culture, our lives. In April of 1964 the Beatles held the top 5 spots on Billboard's Top 100. Look at all the comics from that era that had Beatle references ! They were amazing.

Holy :censored:!!!

I go away on a business trip for 4 days and there's almost 500 new posts in the Probation List!

Anyone want to give me the Cliffs Notes version, or should I take an hour or two to read it?

Where to start?

Capfreak hasn't shipped a number of books that he sold and has been added to the list for I believe the fourth time. Capfreak did post on the probation thread but was far from apologetic.

TFL :takeit: on Filter's Avengers #4 for $1100 and Human Torch #1 for $25,000 time payments. Repeatedly promised a downpayment for 5 months on the HT #1 but never sent it. After 5 months paid off the Avengers and Filter asked for a downpayment before shipping the Avengers. TFL got upset so Filter overnight shipped the Avengers. Another person on the probation list who had failed to pay for a book he purchased from TFL paid him $20 for "expenses" that TFL said he incurred because the book hadn't been paid for. Filter finally outed TFL as he had turned down a $27000 sale on the HT because he had been holding the book for TFL and Filter had also been paying interest on a bank loan that he had taken out to finance the HT. Whew.

Anyone want to give me the Cliffs Notes version, or should I take an hour or two to read it?

It appears the change in times also brought a change in personalities (or at least finally exposed them)

Folks like CAP Freak were allowed lenience due to their age and folks wanting to groom the future of the hobby, only to find out it was wasted effort. And it is sad to even state this as I could tell those that wanted to mentor him were surprised.

Others were just playing around on here, forgetting they owed someone pocket change ($25K) or even forgetting to mail orders for a month.

(shrug)

Thanks guys!

I had kept pace with the Cap Freak fiasco, so I imagine the $25K scandal accounts for all the posts in the past few days. doh!

It sure seems like there's been a lot of serious probation list issues lately. :(

I haven't got time to wade through 50 pages, so I guess I'll bookmark the starting page and read through it later.