• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

To completely change the subject from the endless stream of people who are being put on the probation list ... am I the only one that feels the urge to post expletives in sales threads where the sellers keep on claiming that their prices are way below GPA when, in fact, almost all of the books in question are priced above GPA (and some would be new alltime GPA highs if they sold)?

I think that in the face of outright lies and fraudulent claims, it's fair to post the REAL GPA data.

It's no different than if someone claimed that ASM 195 was the First Black Cat, and you posted to correct the error.

Were we ever told who the krappy shipper was? I made sure to go overkill on pitboss' books. Which got me in the end.

Not just yet.My books from you were only readers,you didn't have to go through all that trouble,but thanks! :foryou:

Were we ever told who the krappy shipper was? I made sure to go overkill on pitboss' books. Which got me in the end.

Not just yet.My books from you were only readers,you didn't have to go through all that trouble,but thanks! :foryou:

Shipping was a bit higher. But I am sure we will do business in the future :foryou:

To completely change the subject from the endless stream of people who are being put on the probation list ... am I the only one that feels the urge to post expletives in sales threads where the sellers keep on claiming that their prices are way below GPA when, in fact, almost all of the books in question are priced above GPA (and some would be new alltime GPA highs if they sold)?

I know it's bad form to complain about pricing in a sales thread, so I'm not going to post in there - but I can't help but feel that the sellers are trying to pull a fast one.

I swear - this place is turning into ebay more & more every day.

I hope it isn't one of my threads. I check GPA the day I post books and use both the 12 month GPA and last sale columns to go off of and try to stay below both of those prices.

Brian

:flamed:

I know it's bad form to complain about pricing in a sales thread, so I'm not going to post in there - but I can't help but feel that the sellers are trying to pull a fast one.

I swear - this place is turning into ebay more & more every day.

I hope it isn't one of my threads. I check GPA the day I post books and use both the 12 month GPA and last sale columns to go off of and try to stay below both of those prices.

Brian

Brian,

I am fairly certain that Michael is not referring to your sales thread. :foryou:

David

Seeing that Brian's pretty much giving his books away, I'd say you were right :)

Seeing that Brian's pretty much giving his books away, I'd say you were right :)

I think it is more what you find in the box with your purchase that makes you say "Did Brian make a mistake?"

:cloud9:

I think that in the face of outright lies and fraudulent claims, it's fair to post the REAL GPA data.

It's no different than if someone claimed that ASM 195 was the First Black Cat, and you posted to correct the error.

I concur

I said I wanted a beer, not that I'd been drinking ;) Sorry Pat, but I think I'll be holding onto that particular ish for some time. :( It's my "Poor Man's Tec 31"
??? Poor Mans Tec 31 is Batman 227 42 :makepoint:

Fixed that for ya!-)

When I look at the use of the cape and cowl as the background, I see them as being somewhat similar. And since I stipulated that it was my "Poor Man's Tec 31," right back atcha! :makepoint:

TFL,

If you really wanted to have a nice ending to this, you should talk to Adam and start the time payments on the HT 1. Mind you, this time really start the payments by making a payment.

June 15/09 $3750

July 15/09 $2000

Aug. 15/09 $2000

Sept. 15/09 $2000

Oct. 15/09 $2000

Nov. 15/09 $2000

Dec. 15/09 $2000

Jan. 15/10 $2000

Feb. 15/10 $2000

Mar. 15/10 $2000

Apr. 15/10 $2000

May 15/10 $2000

total paid $25750

On your final payment, you could pay $1250 but I figured that you would probably want to give Adam an extra $750 as a sign of appreciation for the length of time that he allowed you to pay for the book.

The only right way to end this is to keep your word that you will buy the book withing the 16 months. If you can commit to a $25000 book, then keeping your word to buying the book should be easy. (thumbs u

Good luck, gentlemen.

Andy

TFL,

If you really wanted to have a nice ending to this, you should talk to Adam and start the time payments on the HT 1. Mind you, this time really start the payments by making a payment.

June 15/09 $3750

July 15/09 $2000

Aug. 15/09 $2000

Sept. 15/09 $2000

Oct. 15/09 $2000

Nov. 15/09 $2000

Dec. 15/09 $2000

Jan. 15/10 $2000

Feb. 15/10 $2000

Mar. 15/10 $2000

Apr. 15/10 $2000

May 15/10 $2000

total paid $25750

On your final payment, you could pay $1250 but I figured that you would probably want to give Adam an extra $750 as a sign of appreciation for the length of time that he allowed you to pay for the book.

The only right way to end this is to keep your word that you will buy the book withing the 16 months. If you can commit to a $25000 book, then keeping your word to buying the book should be easy. (thumbs u

Good luck, gentlemen.

Andy

wrong thread (shrug)