• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Here's where I get to take some flak...

Aside from him masking in his name calling, Connor hasn't actually broken any board guidelines... yet. AND I'd like to make sure that the distinction between community guidelines and board guidelines is clear as he certainly knowingly violated the rules of the community, but I'm not seeing where he's done anything to get banned just yet.

There has already been a banning where no real rules were broken. CGC has banned for ethical issues in the past that have caused major disturbances on the board...

:headbang::golfclap:

Why to people increase their price here and claim its a bargin? A lot of us look at other sites and can easily see the book elsewhere for less. Ask what you want, I don't care, just don't lie to us about it. 'nuff said

Why to people increase their price here and claim its a bargin? A lot of us look at other sites and can easily see the book elsewhere for less. Ask what you want, I don't care, just don't lie to us about it. 'nuff said

I've mentioned that before, glad I'm not the only one that sees this going on.

I have seen several slabs that look like they glue on them. It's not glue. It's the result of poor QC and CGC's haste to get slabs out the door. I could go through a box of a hundred slabs and find probably ten that look the same way.

I thought the same exact thing, but then when I looked closely with a flashlight it appears to be a thick bead of glue. I've never seen that before.

Could they be doing this at shows if the cases are not sealing correctly and the home office isn't aware?

I received some modern books back from CGC (Sarasota) myself last week and I noticed two with some interesting stuff on the sides at the top corners. looks like a little bead of glue, about half an inch long. I called CGC and Eric said it was probably a bad weld or something. He said they would take care of it if I returned them

So, does this sound familiar? :sumo:

It's GOTTA be embarrassing to have one of your sales threads with a big yellow and black arrow next to it, with the words "don't spam" in the post.

Can't these people read...?

:screwy:

I wasn't surprised to see that this morning meh

Question about a buyer defaulting on payment. If someone posts the BIN, with agreement to pay in full in about a month, then indicates that they are unable to make good on their commitment due to a loss of a job, is that:

1) Reasonable?

or

2) Worthy of the probation list?

I was basing my financial decisions with the idea that I had sold the book, and now it appears that will not be the case. At the same time, what is a person to do if they lose their job? That is something beyond control, however, a person could sell other possessions to make good on our transaction. Thoughts?

Edited by pennynike1

Personally I'd say losing a job qualifies as 'extenuating circumstances', although I know for a fact one boardie lost his job while into at least one book, and through PMs saw the purchases through.

Tough one to call.

As someone that's been out of work for 4.5 months, I would sympathize with the loss of a job.

I would think it 'reasonable' if the job loss was totally unexpected. If the buyer had an idea he or she would be laid off prior to purchase that wouldn't qualify in my book (though I'm not certain how one could ascertain that).

I can see your side as well though. Kind of a tough situation for both parties. :(

Edited by scottish

Losing your job sucks. I personally would give them a break and let it go.

That said, the assumption is that their buying is on hold because of the job situation. If you notice shortly thereafter that they are buying up books in other threads, then I think you'd have good reason to make the incident public.

I would tell the seller I lost my job and ask out; if the seller agreed, end of story. If the seller held me to the purchase, I would complete the transaction and resell the book (taking a loss if necessary). That's just me.

I would tell the seller I lost my job and ask out; if the seller agreed, end of story. If the seller held me to the purchase, I would complete the transaction and resell the book (taking a loss if necessary). That's just me.

+1 (thumbs u

So are Foolkiller or Blue gonna have another sales thread soon?

Those are two of the three I most look forward to.

Nik was the thrid one on my list... :sorry:

That said, the assumption is that their buying is on hold because of the job situation. If you notice shortly thereafter that they are buying up books in other threads, then I think you'd have good reason to make the incident public.

Agreed. Life does sometimes throw you a curve ball. I always look at the situation in reverse. How would I hope to be treated if I lost my job? I think a seller should always get a downpayment on time payment deals.

This is way OT here but there are alot of people that sell a lot of slabs here that either do not have a legal size scanner or scanner at all.Recently there have been some listings of really nice books with no pics at all.

I am here to help.

I recently bought this scanner from seller norsystems on ebay for a best offer of $75.

I also know 3 other pelple that have purchased the exact same scanner from that seller with great satisfaction.

I am in no way affiliated with the seller but i just thought I would share a good deal with you guys.

The way I see it if you are consistently selling $100 plus slabs the legal scanner is a must.

Agreed. Life does sometimes throw you a curve ball. I always look at the situation in reverse. How would I hope to be treated if I lost my job? I think a seller should always get a downpayment on time payment deals.

I agree on both points. Here's an example of a purchase I made some time ago with time payments! This is the seller's conditions. (I am the buyer)

"You would pay the asking price in payments. I would prefer that the initial payments be done via check so I would avoid paypal fees, but the final one I would rather be paypal (but check would be fine), and I will send you the book as soon as that clears. I would like you to pay $200 now, then the remainder of the 1st time payment (an additional $800) by 1/15, then the balance to total $3395 by 2/15. If something happens and you decide to opt out any time prior to 2/15, I would keep $200, and send you back the remainder. If something happens to the book while I have it (for example, it gets stolen, a fire, etc.) then I will pay you $200. If the balance is not paid by 2/15, then I would have the option of extending the time payments or keeping $200 and sending the remainder back to you".

This worked out very well for both of us. I have purchased most of my larger purchases through time-payments. Every time, the agreement was different. To date, I have never had any problems with several purchases over 3K. It is most important to have a "detailed" agreement before either party makes a commitment.

Mike

I agree on both points. Here's an example of a purchase I made some time ago with time payments! This is the seller's conditions. (I am the buyer)

"You would pay the asking price in payments. I would prefer that the initial payments be done via check so I would avoid paypal fees, but the final one I would rather be paypal (but check would be fine), and I will send you the book as soon as that clears. I would like you to pay $200 now, then the remainder of the 1st time payment (an additional $800) by 1/15, then the balance to total $3395 by 2/15. If something happens and you decide to opt out any time prior to 2/15, I would keep $200, and send you back the remainder. If something happens to the book while I have it (for example, it gets stolen, a fire, etc.) then I will pay you $200. If the balance is not paid by 2/15, then I would have the option of extending the time payments or keeping $200 and sending the remainder back to you".

This worked out very well for both of us. I have purchased most of my larger purchases through time-payments. Every time, the agreement was different. To date, I have never had any problems with several purchases over 3K. It is most important to have a "detailed" agreement before either party makes a commitment.

Mike

(thumbs u Just imagine how many disputes would be avoided with clear terms like this. :)

Thanks to those that chimed in. I was pretty sure what I was going to do, but I wanted to get some input before telling the buyer that I understand. Thx guys!

Mike

Thanks for posting this. I will utilize this as a model in future cases where time payments are involved (thumbs u

This is way OT here but there are alot of people that sell a lot of slabs here that either do not have a legal size scanner or scanner at all.Recently there have been some listings of really nice books with no pics at all.

I am here to help.

I recently bought this scanner from seller norsystems on ebay for a best offer of $75.

I also know 3 other pelple that have purchased the exact same scanner from that seller with great satisfaction.

I am in no way affiliated with the seller but i just thought I would share a good deal with you guys.

The way I see it if you are consistently selling $100 plus slabs the legal scanner is a must.

I just searched eBay UK for one and found one. For $340 meh

Totally on a different topic....I really wish people would stop listing their modern drek for unreasonable prices.

Why?

Because it absolutely breaks my heart to see someone ask a totally ridiculous price, then keep lowering their price over and over again, getting more desperate about it. Usually, it's a crickets chirping to their repeated calls of "anyone"...?

Like, you know, listing about $3 worth of drek for $25 or so....

It really....truly...makes me want to buy this stuff just to help the poor person out.

It doesn't actually make me, but it makes me WANT to....which, of course, is what it's designed to do...but still....

It makes me feel bad. :(

Trust me, I wish all comics were worth cover price, but the harsh reality is, they're not. :cry: