• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So now citing last CLINK sales instead of GPA averages is a thing?

(seller is citing GPA in other listings)...

Come on people. If you are going to cite data, pick a method and stick with it across the board, not just when its handy.

(the CLINK sale was for $150 more than the 90 day GPA average)

There is your answer right there! lol

If I have a lot of books to sell (like over 1,000) that I plan on listing within the course of 10 days or so, should I have them all contained within the same thread? Granted there will be a few lots listed but the bulk will be individually scanned books (front & back).

If not within the same thread (due to the size it will get to) should I break it up within multiple threads with only a handful of titles in it? I'd like to list the books here before I herd them over to eBay but don't want to clog the front page with multiple threads.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

The rules state they need to be in the same thread. Only exception is if you are selling from different eras that go across categories - Modern vs Gold/Silver/Bronze. In that case you can have a thread in each.

Okay then, thanks for the input. I'll start my massive single thread and see how it goes.

I do have some moderns (like Infinity Gauntlet and such) so I'll start a thread in there eventually.

Peace,

Chip

Chip's been here over a year and has had sales threads. He should know the answer to this question.

In other news, Chip will be selling over 1,000 books soon. :news:

You're on fire! fire_meaney2.gif

Chip's been here over a year and has had sales threads. He should know the answer to this question.

Beat me to it.

Can't stand these type of threads in CG :censored:

No, no, no. That was not the point of this post.

When I've sold I've never had more than 50 or so things to sell...never anything this massive that I wanted to sell so quickly.

That's why I asked the question. Please don't put a different intent where it wasn't to begin with.

Peace,

Chip

When I've sold I've never had more than 50 or so things to sell...never anything this massive that I wanted to sell so quickly.

That's why I asked the question. Please don't put a different intent where it wasn't to begin with.

Peace,

Chip

So are you saying the prices will be good?

:baiting:

Peace,

Chip

Forum Sales Discussion Thread

This is usually the best place to ask those kinds of questions. (thumbs u

Please don't put a different intent where it wasn't to begin with.

This happens constantly. I guess we should peacefully learn to live with it… ;)

(Besides this, I see nothing wrong in speaking of an upcoming sales thread to gather attention, especially if you are really needing the money… 2c )

Crud. I didn't even see that thread that was suggested.

Can a mod please move this thread asap, please?

I don't want to upset anyone else.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Peace,

Chip

Too late. :sumo:

Peace,

Chip

You have to PM a mod and ask for the thread to be moved.

When you want to declare bankruptcy, you don't go to your roof and scream out, "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!!". Just saying it doesn't make it happen.

Sorry about that.

Peace,

Chip

Don't worry about it Chip.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't reaaaaaly matter... especially since it was a general question about selling comics in general ;)

You have to PM a mod and ask for the thread to be moved.

When you want to declare bankruptcy, you don't go to your roof and scream out, "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!!". Just saying it doesn't make it happen.

I'm a member of a lot of forums and that's something that happens in all the other places. I wasn't aware of that difference here. You could have just typed the first part of your post and left off the second.

Honestly, I don't get the underlying hostility here.

Peace,

Chip

So is it cricket when someone does this to post in their sales thread something along the lines of: "Thanks for the CLink sales data. Do you happen to also have the GPA sales data?" :D

Edited to add: A bunch of posts materialized between the post I was responding to and this post. The post I was responding to mentioned someone who referred to GPA data in his selling thread most of the time but switched to Clink when the prices were higher there.

Edited by Sqeggs