• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's official. BBC is making a live action Panzerfaust series.

Link?

Link?

Never mind, found it on CBR....but it's not really a sure thing....

"Writer Kurtis J. Wiebe then took the stage, telling Stephenson that his well received "Peter Panzerfaust" series is being developed for a live-action TV series for the BBC involving actors Elijah Wood and Ron Pearlman."

That "is being developed" is code for, "kicking the tires to see if this might work".

Link?

"Writer Kurtis J. Wiebe then took the stage, telling Stephenson that his well received "Peter Panzerfaust" series is being developed for a live-action TV series for the BBC involving actors Elijah Wood and Ron Pearlman."

That "is being developed" is code for, "kicking the tires to see if this might work".

From October of last year:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=95805

BBC Worldwide Productions and Quality Transmedia announced today that they will be producing a historical fantasy motion comic series based on the best-selling comic book "Peter Panzerfaust". The companies have secured rights to the title and will initially be producing the series for digital release, while concurrently working to develop "Panzerfaust" as a live action scripted series.

Am I missing something or is this pretty much the same announcement?

Link?

Correct. All it takes for someone to claim that something is "being developed" is to have an email conversation with someone. I've seen this phrase bandied about firsthand in low-budget filmmaker circles. It's used to generate hype for a project in hopes that an investor or producer might take notice.

Not that I'm bagging on PP - I thought the story was cool and could easily be adapted for other medias. But, a vague claim of "being developed" does not usually carry a lot of weight.

From the PL list because we don't want his name getting sullied:

Chuck Grower is an awesome seller. That is all. (worship)

I am really upset that they did away with lime Skittles.

:roflmao:

The lime Skittles tasted like Pine Sol.

From the PL list because we don't want his name getting sullied:

Chuck Grower is an awesome seller. That is all. (worship)

Chuck Growler is even more awesome in person. (thumbs u

Except when he gets to the dealer boxes before you do. :eek:

Almost 100 new views to my thread in the Mixed section asking a few questions, and only three people bothered to respond, via PM.

Thank you, you three! (You know who you are.)

:foryou:

-slym (sincerely, not sarcastically)

Almost 100 new views to my thread in the Mixed section asking a few questions, and only three people bothered to respond, via PM.

I wasn't in the market for anything you were selling. My thoughts are that most of the forum members are either buying to flip the hot book or looking for dirt cheap pricing.

Your hot books sold (apocalypse/archangel). Copper & modern X-Men related books are an extremely hard sell at any price as everybody has them.

Images were on the small side &I thought your grading was a little optimistic, or possibly just based on the front covers. I noticed a lot of damage on the back covers that would drop some of the books from 9.0-9.4 down to 7.5-8.0.

Good luck with the next sale.

I wasn't in the market for anything you were selling. My thoughts are that most of the forum members are either buying to flip the hot book or looking for dirt cheap pricing.

Your hot books sold (apocalypse/archangel). Copper & modern X-Men related books are an extremely hard sell at any price as everybody has them.

Images were on the small side &I thought your grading was a little optimistic, or possibly just based on the front covers. I noticed a lot of damage on the back covers that would drop some of the books from 9.0-9.4 down to 7.5-8.0.

I have to agree when it comes to the X-Men books. Everybody has them, and if they aren't 9.6 and up, people only want to buy them dirt cheap. Quite a few books in your thread were books that I was able to purchase on the boards for a dollar or less over the last two years. And in most of these purchases, the books were in higher grades than yours were.

If the books aren't hot at the moment you're trying to sell and they aren't ultra high grade, most likely they'll be hard sells. :(

I have to agree when it comes to the X-Men books. Everybody has them, and if they aren't 9.6 and up, people only want to buy them dirt cheap. Quite a few books in your thread were books that I was able to purchase on the boards for a dollar or less over the last two years. And in most of these purchases, the books were in higher grades than yours were.

If the books aren't hot at the moment you're trying to sell and they aren't ultra high grade, most likely they'll be hard sells. :(

Not just one... but two knives to the eyes :o

Dang guys go easy on ole slym... he's a sweet guy :foryou:

At least slym was at least close in price and grades on his sales thread books. (thumbs u

Not like the sales thread in modern where he wants $35.00 for the books and another $18.00 in shipping for 24 random Avengers books from 1985 on in mid grade. :facepalm: Talk about quarter bin books that almost always collect dust. :tonofbricks:

Also, I must defend my grading - I looked at many definitions of the grades, including OSPG, I looked at CGC slabs, and I am kind of a fan of the E-BIGS thing to help me figure out grading.

Such as any 9.2-9.4 I graded as such, I heard from many sources that multiple (not way too many though) non-colour breaking spine creases are allowed in these grades, so if a comic had just a few, I said 9.4. If it had more than a few, but still not "numerous" NCBSCs, I gave it a 9.2.

But hey, (and this is an eBay inspired joke coming, folks) "I am not a professional grader. Please bear with me."

:D

-slym

Two Key issues are on the sale.

No HOS and Probies are allowed.

Shipping cost is negotiable. International shipping is non-negotiable.

Pictures will be uploaded upon your request (only if you are V-E-R-Y serious to purchase one of those books. Also, I don't want to waste my time to upload the pictures if it is for looking only).

lol Thanks buddy ... welcome to our friendly little community.

I accept the check, MO or PayPal only (I will reject and will issue the refund back to you if I get 3% transaction fee. I prefer the non-fee payment from PayPal balance only).

hm Let's see ... demanding feeless Paypal is against house rules ... the threat of payment rejection is doucherailery ... and the preference for the non-fee option is cute.

If you are interested in one of those books, PM is welcomed.

Swamp Thing #1 CGC 9.6 White Pages for $600.

House of Secrets #92 CGC 9.2 White Pages (old label - it has a potential 9.4) for $1500

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6833792