• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Two Key issues are on the sale.

No HOS and Probies are allowed.

Shipping cost is negotiable. International shipping is non-negotiable.

Pictures will be uploaded upon your request (only if you are V-E-R-Y serious to purchase one of those books. Also, I don't want to waste my time to upload the pictures if it is for looking only).

lol Thanks buddy ... welcome to our friendly little community.

I accept the check, MO or PayPal only (I will reject and will issue the refund back to you if I get 3% transaction fee. I prefer the non-fee payment from PayPal balance only).

hm Let's see ... demanding feeless Paypal is against house rules ... the threat of payment rejection is doucherailery ... and the preference for the non-fee option is cute.

If you are interested in one of those books, PM is welcomed.

Swamp Thing #1 CGC 9.6 White Pages for $600.

House of Secrets #92 CGC 9.2 White Pages (old label - it has a potential 9.4) for $1500

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6833792

POOF!!! lol

FYI !!!

Pictures will be uploaded upon your request (only if you are V-E-R-Y serious to purchase one of those books. Also, I don't want to waste my time to upload the pictures if it is for looking only).

I accept the check, MO or PayPal only (I will reject and will issue the refund back to you if I get 3% transaction fee. I prefer the non-fee payment from PayPal balance only).

hm Let's see ... demanding feeless Paypal is against house rules ... the threat of payment rejection is doucherailery ... and the preference for the non-fee option is cute.

House of Secrets #92 CGC 9.2 White Pages (old label - it has a potential 9.4) for $1500

POOF!!! lol

FYI !!!

lol yup I noticed that

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6841093&gonew=1#UNREAD

The mods be coming on strong these days! What's the point of posting the cute

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

thing if they're just going to yank the sales thread a few minutes later?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6841093&gonew=1#UNREAD

The mods be coming on strong these days! What's the point of posting the cute

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

thing if they're just going to yank the sales thread a few minutes later?

Yeah that was poofed what, within an hour or two?

POOF!!! lol

FYI !!!

lol yup I noticed that

His TOS didn't seem too jolly....

POOF!!! lol

FYI !!!

lol yup I noticed that

His TOS didn't seem too jolly....

:roflmao:

You know what irritates me? the phrase "usual rules apply"

especially when cited by someone who's only been on the boards for a few months and has 100 posts...

do you even know what "usual" means?

The phrase that irritates me is "If paying by Paypal add 3%." Or any of the other variants of this phrase. :censored:

mine is "photos/scans available upon request"

if you have time to start a thread, you have time to post photos.

If you dont care about your sales thread, why should I care?

The phrase that irritates me is "If paying by Paypal add 3%." Or any of the other variants of this phrase. :censored:

Another one is the sellers who "need money quick" yet either have less than 100 posts, or are boardies who have shown that they are not the quickest at shipping books. :eek:

These two are warning signs to me.

PayPal

That 3% PayPal is the cost of my security in doing business with the seller. It's their cost of doing business. Paypal reduces my risk and makes me more likely to buy. That should be what sellers want and something they shouldn't begrudge.

Besides, if this 3% can't be absorbed into any asking price -- what other aspects of the deal might be shaved to save a few dollars -- the packaging? -- the assigned grade? :sumo:

Scans/Photos

How the book looks is important to all but the most casual reader or most faithful believer in labels. I want to see what a book looks like to determine if the grade seems accurate and whether the types of defects complement what I want for my collection. :sumo:

Besides, give me a front, back and an interior photo/scan. Let me judge as much of the condition as I possibly can -- just as I would at a show. I very seldom say to a vendor at a convention, "Please let me see the front of the book and would you please verbally describe to me the back cover and paper quality?" :sumo::sumo:

End of rant. :foryou:

So its cool for us to presell books that we don't have in hand, don't have prices for and don't know how many we have of them? Oh, and directing everyone to PMs is the way to go?

:devil:

Was just seeing Beachbum's SDCC pre-sale, not a pre-sale, preview, guess the prices, send me a PM post and thinking "this seems to be the one scenario that people would tolerate this kind of thing since it doesn't conform to the agreed-upon forum rules, but people will tolerate just about anything to secure con exclusives, man Im glad I dont collect moderns"

Luckilly Bb seems to have the right mix of A) good reputation/delivering on promises and b) getting people who want the HTF con exclusives...

I imagined if someone tried to do the same thing in G/S/B

"Im going to look at a NM collection this weeknd of X-men books. Here are some pictures of the books that I should be able to get. Prices are what you'd expect for NM X-men. I cant sell them yet since I dont have them, but send me a PM and I'll try to reserve you a copy"

:insane:

Got a question. Anybody have a problem with listing the same books after a month on the marketplace that I didn't sell the first time. There is twice as many books just wanted to list the books that didn't sell. It would be a totally new thread.