• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I guess I am weird? The way I read that wasn't a bad thing, I read that as a selling point. It would be like someone saying "Wow how is that book not a CGC 9.0 instead of the 6.0 it is listed as"

My bad...

-slym

Six weeks of no posting shall be your punishment! rantrant

Heck, six seconds will be enough to have you crawling the walls, agonizing how you missed out on those 584,745,859 posts you could have made in those six seconds. :baiting:

:P

I guess I am weird? The way I read that wasn't a bad thing, I read that as a selling point. It would be like someone saying "Wow how is that book not a CGC 9.0 instead of the 6.0 it is listed as"

"Perceived" is the key word. It can be taken either way, but can easily be seen as some commentary on the price if someone doesn't know where you are coming from.

Unless someone wants to sell a slab and states "I'm pricing this at market," and then the price far exceeds GPA or even Mile High prices. Then you leave yourself open for all sorts of posts about GPA low/middle/high prices.

My bad...

-slym

Heck, six seconds will be enough to have you crawling the walls, agonizing how you missed out on those 584,745,859 posts you could have made in those six seconds. :baiting:

Yeah, GLWT...

:D

-slym

My bad...

-slym

Yeah, GLWT...

:D

-slym

Threadkrapping! Mods notified! rantrant

:insane:

So, saying "GLWTS" and then honestly hoping the person holding the sale gets the price they are asking (nothing hidden anywhere) is threadkrapping? Because I was just PMd by someone that told me I did that to jeybes' sale of his ASM run.

Tell me, forum - did I do anything wrong? If so, I didn't see it that way, and I will apologise, profusely. I actually know someone that is looking at getting a good ASM run and might see this, I certainly don't want to keep anyone away...

:shrug:

-slym

Hey slym, just want everyone to know that it wasn't me who PMed or complained! :) I didn't take it as threadcrapping, someone was bound to :baiting: me about asking 70% of guide lol

It definitely was not you, jaybes.

:)

My words were meant as a barb to the OSPG, which isn't much of a "price guide" at all anymore. I did see how it looked bad after a few people let me know, though.

(thumbs u

-slym

My words were meant as a barb to the OSPG, which isn't much of a "price guide" at all anymore. I did see how it looked bad after a few people let me know, though.

(thumbs u

-slym

Understandable, I'm not the biggest ospg fan either, but sometimes it serves as a common starting point for sales and negotiations I guess. Since my thread is all raw I can't use GPA, so we'll see how it goes lol

(thumbs u

-slym

Understandable, I'm not the biggest ospg fan either, but sometimes it serves as a common starting point for sales and negotiations I guess. Since my thread is all raw I can't use GPA, so we'll see how it goes lol

Why not, other people do (shrug)

I didn't want to post this in Comics General and get accused of shilling any upcoming sales so I'm putting it here instead.

We want to get a new TV with a Wii for ourselves for Christmas. I think it's a good idear (we only have one 40" TV in the living room), and with the holiday specials we can get a 55" LED for around $500. The refurbed Wii with some games will be around $150 or so.

I don't mind selling a few of my good books to get these with April being on board that I will re-acquire them at some point in 2014.

Which books should I sell? Here are the choices to get up the most cash quickly -

Fantastic Four #52 - 8.0

Marvel Super Heroes #13 - 9.0

Iron Man #55 - 7.5

I've got some minor ones that are around $150+ books like Iron Fist #14, Strange Tales #135, Avengers #6, Avengers #57, Swamp Thing #7, etc but all my "big" books are in my nice wall display and I'd rather not decimate it TOO much if you take my meaning.

Any advice/opinions? Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Chip

Chip,

I always approach this same problem with the question what can I easily replace. What is the one or ones that will bring the money you need and not cost as much to replace later on (i.e. not still trending upwards).

You can also look at it as which books have peaked and I won't regret later on when the book is worth twice as much

I was thinking of it as I can't get credit to pay off a new TV or a Wii, but I've got a very good rep on the boards here with paying off books on time. So I was even thinking of upgrading the condition on a few of them...paying a bit more money for better condition.

I also don't think that the books I'm selling will be THAT much more in 6 months, but that's just an edumacated guess. :) They are all readily available with the exception of the MSH #13.

Peace,

Chip

I didn't want to post this in Comics General and get accused of shilling any upcoming sales so I'm putting it here instead.

We want to get a new TV with a Wii for ourselves for Christmas. I think it's a good idear (we only have one 40" TV in the living room), and with the holiday specials we can get a 55" LED for around $500. The refurbed Wii with some games will be around $150 or so.

I don't mind selling a few of my good books to get these with April being on board that I will re-acquire them at some point in 2014.

Which books should I sell? Here are the choices to get up the most cash quickly -

Fantastic Four #52 - 8.0

Marvel Super Heroes #13 - 9.0

Iron Man #55 - 7.5

I've got some minor ones that are around $150+ books like Iron Fist #14, Strange Tales #135, Avengers #6, Avengers #57, Swamp Thing #7, etc but all my "big" books are in my nice wall display and I'd rather not decimate it TOO much if you take my meaning.

Any advice/opinions? Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Chip

Hey Chip,

I guess if you are looking to check the TV and Wii I would put them all up for sale and then when you get enough for that close the FS thread.

GLWTS

I was thinking of it as I can't get credit to pay off a new TV or a Wii, but I've got a very good rep on the boards here with paying off books on time. So I was even thinking of upgrading the condition on a few of them...paying a bit more money for better condition.

I also don't think that the books I'm selling will be THAT much more in 6 months, but that's just an edumacated guess. :) They are all readily available with the exception of the MSH #13.

Peace,

Chip

I'm chiming in on the MSH #13. That book is a real *spoon* to find in high grade. I'd definitely leave that one aside - even if it doesn't gain in value - the odds of you finding it in that grade down the line when you want to replace it will be a challenge.