• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He told me an Amazing Fantasy in any grade is a 10,000 book.

I told him I could buy a one at a convention for $2 - 3 grand.

He told me that wasn't possible.

I reminded him of two months ago when he bought an item off me on ebay, asked me to meet him in Toronto, and showed me three beat up AF 15s ranging from $1500 - 5000. All restored obviously, but the conversation ended shortly thereafter.

Yeah $10 each additional one

Well at least these are all new books

That haven't even arrived yet! lol

I'd never sell the books before I had them "In-hand" and inspected", otherwise, it would suck to sell all the books, then open the box fresh from CGC, and the slabs are all broken.

Which, has, can, and does happen. hm

Yeah $10 each additional one

Well at least these are all new books

That haven't even arrived yet! lol

I'd never sell the books before I had them "In-hand" and inspected", otherwise, it would suck to sell all the books, then open the box fresh from CGC, and the slabs are all broken.

Which, has, can, and does happen. hm

in this case thats a none issue.

No books are going to sell in that or any of his sales threads.

people want to see pictures.

I have no idea what his logic is with pushing an extreme shipping charge. The only time a charge should be that high is when dealing with expensive books that require more security, insurance, etc. Although I generally get turned off when someone is asking 4 figures for a book and doesn't just bake the shipping charge into the ask price. Either way, it's a moot point; the free market will likely self-correct by passing his sales thread by.

As a frequent buyer on these boards, I can say there are two things that will turn me off from buying something. The first are unusually high shipping costs and the second is when they make you pay paypal fees. There is one auction right now that says they prefer paypal but you have to add 4% (I thought it was normally 3%?) I can't get over having to pay the seller's paypal fees when selling on the boards is free in the first place. Plus, why would you charge me more for paying you immediately and providing you with seller protection? Funny thing is that if the seller just built the paypal fees into the asking price in the first place no one would notice.

I have no idea what his logic is with pushing an extreme shipping charge. The only time a charge should be that high is when dealing with expensive books that require more security, insurance, etc. Although I generally get turned off when someone is asking 4 figures for a book and doesn't just bake the shipping charge into the ask price. Either way, it's a moot point; the free market will likely self-correct by passing his sales thread by.

:gossip: There is no free market. In comics, Gemma leads a secret cabal of 5 all powerful members who buy up unsold slabs to maintain and artificially inflate the market. The group consists of Gemma, Vince from Metropolis, Robert Overstreet, The guy that invented GPA, and the guy who owns HA.

:jokealert:

... or it's not and if I get a strike it's because I exposed the secret!!

As a frequent buyer on these boards, I can say there are two things that will turn me off from buying something. The first are unusually high shipping costs and the second is when they make you pay paypal fees. There is one auction right now that says they prefer paypal but you have to add 4% (I thought it was normally 3%?) I can't get over having to pay the seller's paypal fees when selling on the boards is free in the first place. Plus, why would you charge me more for paying you immediately and providing you with seller protection? Funny thing is that if the seller just built the paypal fees into the asking price in the first place no one would notice.

You know what really sucks about that? Throw up a hot enough book with the disclaimer that buyer has to pay fees, and it will still sell. Personally, I wish it would just be a rule that fees must be included in price. I simply don't understand why people don't do that, it's very basic math (there's even a free Paypal calculator for people who don't want to do the math ) and at best - it's an annoying trait that usually detracts from the sale.

I think there are reasons to ask for the fees but they are few and far between. I've asked for the fee to be paid when someone PMd me with an offer that was below my asking price. In that case I consider it a counter offer, you offer me X I counter with X+3%. But yea asking for Paypal fee in thread is just obnoxious.

You know what really sucks about that? Throw up a hot enough book with the disclaimer that buyer has to pay fees, and it will still sell. Personally, I wish it would just be a rule that fees must be included in price. I simply don't understand why people don't do that, it's very basic math (there's even a free Paypal calculator for people who don't want to do the math ) and at best - it's an annoying trait that usually detracts from the sale.

The attitude has always puzzled me.

If a seller is asking for 3% on a $100 book, I'm paying $103

If a seller factors that 3% into the asking price of the book I'm still paying $103.

(shrug)