• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Branget just got button humped into a week's vacation. lol

Who's the mother humper?

:hi:

Where did this happen?

I would like to clarify, I stated that 2 of the Marvel Premiere 48's were slightly lower grade. NOT Marvel Premiere 47. I also stated in the same post to wait until I got home for further detail..

Just trying to get this straight ...

You bought 2 copies of MP #48 from Gresham and complained to him that they were overgraded. But in your latest sales thread those copies were listed at a higher grade than the one Gresham originally assigned?

Here's what he bought...

Avengers #181 about a Fine, would be better but there is thumb tip stain on the bottom edge of the back cover, some sort of residue there, but does not show up on the insider cover.

Marvel Premiere #47 about 7.0 improvable with non-color breaking creases

Marvel Premiere #48 - 4 copies

copy "A" Newstand copy printers defect on corner with white area visible in the upper corner about an 8.0 (improvable)

copy "B" direct About a 6.0 more creasing

copy "C" direct About an 8.0 (improvable)

copy "D" direct About a 4.0 some moisture rippling throughout the book, some minor staining as well.

Let's start at $60.00

Now, in the new sales thread:

The 181 is a 7.0

The MP 47 was 9.0/9.2

And he's mentioned the 48's were 5.5 to 9.0 but the references in the thread are gone now.

Then there's the issue of the several noted occasions when he made claims of overgrading to obtain partial refunds from other boardies.

I've done about 100 transactions here on the boards on the buying or trading side. I deal almost solely with raw books. There are bound to be errors somewhere. I personally far prefer to issue a partial refund than a return.

Where'd the 48's go from the sales thread?

This question is actually one of the more disturbing ones to me. The MP 48's were some of the books he was complaining about the grades on. And now they have conveniently been deleted from his sales thread in what seems to be an obvious attempt to cover up evidence. :boo:

The best he could do now would be to close the thread, let any potential buyers with whom he hasn't already been in communication know they could back out of the purchases if they want, and self-impose a long vacation.

The best he could do now would be to close the thread, let any potential buyers with whom he hasn't already been in communication know they could back out of the purchases if they want, and self-impose a long vacation.

+1

Unless GIJOE has stated (and he might have) the opposite - it looks like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar with the ol' Ebay trick of leveraging a complaint for a partial refund against the odds of the seller wanting to bother with a return of the whole order.

Even if he wasn't fishing for a refund - why say anything at all if your intention is to sell them for one or two grades higher than what was advertised when you bought them?

I can only assume it came out of "Cheapgate." :ohnoez:

had to have been. hopefully, it's not for getting the ball rolling on shining the light on cockroachJoe

It is not the first time he pulled that attack, though not in this area. So if this is the case, I hope his vacation gives him time to reflect on what he did.

Playing around with someone's buying and selling credibility is not a sport to letter in. Save that for the bozos that are coming here as scammers, and getting caught at their games.

If he got a strike for the slapping fit he and you had, then this place is now being ran by people who have no other power in life and try to exert it in the virtual world.

He called you cheap. :o:o:o

emot-jerkit.gif

I can only assume it came out of "Cheapgate." :ohnoez:

had to have been. hopefully, it's not for getting the ball rolling on shining the light on cockroachJoe

It is not the first time he pulled that attack, though not in this area. So if this is the case, I hope his vacation gives him time to reflect on what he did.

Playing around with someone's buying and selling credibility is not a sport to letter in. Save that for the bozos that are coming here as scammers, and getting caught at their games.

If he got a strike for the slapping fit he and you had, then this place is now being ran by people who have no other power in life and try to exert it in the virtual world.

He called you cheap. :o:o:o

emot-jerkit.gif

That is not how he started out here, but the details were deleted by the mod covering this thread the other day.

But the good thing is it is a one-week strike, and not a ban. He will be fine, and so will you.

;)