• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

want some thoughts on this before I proceed in other threads etc.

Picked up a book from a new seller here on the boards. Book arrived yesterday and found the book had a spine split running about 1/3 of the back cover. Seller had not disclosed this in their thread, nor had they disclosed this when they placed the book in the PGM thread.

Book/price paid was based on the grade given by the seller/and those who gave graves it in the PGM thread.

Can I suggest not buying from brand-new sellers who need the help of the PGM forum to grade their books?

sound advice.

I don't feel like playing Blowie at the moment. Who was the seller?

I am, I sold her Silver Surfer #1 and she doesn't like that it has a spine split. I didn't notice a spine split on it but I know there was a defect with the spine at the bottom just like there are defects on the cover. I posted scans and linked to the PGM thread in the sales thread so everyone could get an idea of it's grade. I had an issue on eBay where I graded it based on my opinion and the seller said it was worse in his opinion. That caused a huge issue so from then on, I do not grade raws. I will say if it is in a decent condition and post pictures of it to let people judge for themselves.

I originally bought it for $200. I was thinking about getting it restored and graded but thought that would cost too much so I tried selling it on here for $200. jsilverjanet offered $175 and I took it. I offered her $100 back for it now because that would be more affordable for me to get it restored and graded. I do not want to spend $175 on it and I already lost $25 on it plus the cost of shipping it to her to begin with.

Just.....wow.

NP Gresham - refund reversed (check)

JLinguiniii - denied partial refund (check)

Darkstar had something he posted.

Alright, he's clearly an insufficiently_thoughtful_person looking for a fanny rub but got his dough (check)

I suggested he offer me a refund regarding our transaction. I said if he could convince me that his (or his son's) actions were made in good faith he could forget the refund. He didn't even address the issue after I made my case and instead sent me a refund and never responded to my final email.

Why am I an insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

My transaction with GIJOE was for a relatively small amount of money - 46 dollars. I gave him a partial refund of 20 dollars. That would have been the end of it; a disagreement over grades. Except when I read the posts here and find out that it is something that GIJOE does consistently I have a problem. Especially when that person resells those books, as he did with others, at a higher advertised grade.

It wasn't about the money. I wanted him to explain himself. That is what I wanted - an explanation, as he was being very evasive and cryptic through emails. As he chose not to explain himself I thought reimbursing me for said refund would only be appropriate as his silence is an admission of him not acting in good faith. All he had to do was explain that our transaction went south because of a legitimate grading discrepancy and not because he was trying to scam me.

I was in name-calling mode earlier :D I figured there'd be 78 boardies posting their damages so I had to be quick!

I'll try to explain what my impression was - I didn't include what preceded the above quote:

I suggested that he post on the boards (before he was banned) to clear up the situation(s) with board users. He didn't even bother addressing this privately with me. He completely ignored/downplayed his pattern of questionable transactions on the board.

When the scamming was discovered you had every right to go back & look for dough & I'm glad you got that.

I just look at this latest quote as you offering someone else's kid advice & being upset about getting no response. (shrug)

If I was his father & had limited awareness of what my kid had gotten into......."my" 12 year old kid gets locked down & wouldn't be allowed to respond to anyone publicly or privately on here, even those offering good "advice". I'm obviously giving the dad the benefit of the doubt, which most aren't but that was my impression from what Bosco quoted originally.

Picked up a book from a new seller here on the boards. Book arrived yesterday and found the book had a spine split running about 1/3 of the back cover. Seller had not disclosed this in their thread, nor had they disclosed this when they placed the book in the PGM thread.

Book/price paid was based on the grade given by the seller/and those who gave graves it in the PGM thread.

Can I suggest not buying from brand-new sellers who need the help of the PGM forum to grade their books?

sound advice.

I am, I sold her Silver Surfer #1 and she doesn't like that it has a spine split. I didn't notice a spine split on it but I know there was a defect with the spine at the bottom just like there are defects on the cover. I posted scans and linked to the PGM thread in the sales thread so everyone could get an idea of it's grade. I had an issue on eBay where I graded it based on my opinion and the seller said it was worse in his opinion. That caused a huge issue so from then on, I do not grade raws. I will say if it is in a decent condition and post pictures of it to let people judge for themselves.

I originally bought it for $200. I was thinking about getting it restored and graded but thought that would cost too much so I tried selling it on here for $200. jsilverjanet offered $175 and I took it. I offered her $100 back for it now because that would be more affordable for me to get it restored and graded. I do not want to spend $175 on it and I already lost $25 on it plus the cost of shipping it to her to begin with.

I'm not sure how much you paid and what you'll be out if you restore the book is relevant here but missing a 1/3 spine split is a big deal and greatly affects the grade.

No offense but if you can't grade raws yourself you probably shouldn't be selling them. Especially on a forum like this with so many experts. 2c

I contacted the seller this morning regarding the books defect and his reply was that he was not aware of the spine split. He says he sold the book at a loss to me and would not accept a return as he does not want the book, but would buy the book for about $75 less than what I paid him.

There was no return policy on his sales thread. I assume I am SOL unless I go the paypal route.

Thoughts?

You should out them!

sound advice.

Just.....wow.

Squared.

WTF :facepalm:

Is it safe now? Shark guards are pretty tough in shark prison.

20Shark.jpg

If I was his father & had limited awareness of what my kid had gotten into......."my" 12 year old kid gets locked down & wouldn't be allowed to respond to anyone publicly or privately on here, even those offering good "advice". I'm obviously giving the dad the benefit of the doubt, which most aren't but that was my impression from what Bosco quoted originally.

Correct. I was pointing out he had received a refund as part of the tally who was impacted, and where they stood on restitution.

I contacted the seller this morning regarding the books defect and his reply was that he was not aware of the spine split. He says he sold the book at a loss to me and would not accept a return as he does not want the book, but would buy the book for about $75 less than what I paid him.

There was no return policy on his sales thread. I assume I am SOL unless I go the paypal route.

Thoughts?

You should out them!

Keep reading :makepoint:

Thoughts?

You should out them!

:popcorn:

Thoughts?

You should out them!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thoughts?

You should out them!

Keep reading :makepoint:

TROLL! :makepoint:

Thoughts?

You should out them!

It was Meeklo he's already responded to her lol I mean Hector

Thoughts?

You should out them!

meh

Button humped.

Thoughts?

You should out them!

Button humped. meh

Umm hmm